NIMCET 2021: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Date
National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal is the authority that is going to conduct the NIMCET 2021 examination. NIMCET stands for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test. It is a national level examination organized every year to select the candidates for admission to Master in Computer Application (MCA) program. The admissions are offered in NITs located in various cities including Agartala, Raipur, Jamshedpur, Allahabad, Bhopal, Warangal, etc. Interested candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit an online application form before the last date. Complete details regarding the admission process are provided in this article.
NIMCET 2021 Important Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Release of official notification||1st week of March 2021|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of March 2021|
|Last date for application form submission||Last week of March 2021|
|Last date for downloading the filled-in application form||3rd week of April 2021|
|Releasing date of the admit card||2nd week of May 2021|
|Date of entrance exam||4th week of May 2021|
|Declaration of result||1st week of June 2021|
|Beginning of the counselling process||2nd week of June 2021|
NIMCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled in order to appear for the NIMCET 2021 examination are given below.
- Admission is provided to Indian Nationals only.
- The candidate must have a full-time B.Sc/ B.Sc (Hons)/ BCA/ BIT degree of minimum duration 3 years with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects.
- Candidates with BE/ B.Tech are also eligible.
- At least 60% marks in the qualifying exam are compulsory in order to apply.
- Aspirants who are going to appear for their qualifying exam in the year 2021 can also apply.
- Those students who have earned the qualifying degree from Open universities can also apply in case their programme is approved by UGC/ AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
NIMCET 2021 Application Form
Eligible candidates may access the application form in online mode that will be made available on the official website i.e. www.nimcet.in. In order to apply, the candidates first need to register themselves and then they will be able to access the main application form.
- During registration, the candidates have to provide some of their basic personal details including name, email address, mobile number, security questions & answer, etc.
- A unique user Id and Password for all the candidates will be generated after the successful registration.
- Then, candidates may log in and access the main application form.
- In the application form, candidates are required to enter their educational, personal, and contact details.
- Apart from this, candidates have to upload the scanned images of the passport size photograph and signature.
- Once you are done with entering all the information, the candidates may verify and submit the application form.
- All the applicants should keep a printout of the submitted application form safely for future requirements.
The application fee is different for the candidates of various categories as explained below.
- General/ OBC candidates: Rs. 2200/-
- SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 1100/-
Mode of Payment
- The application fee must be paid online either using a debit/ credit card or net banking.
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
The pattern of NIMCET 2021 examination is explained below.
- Examination Mode: Offline (pen and paper-based examination)
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ
- Number of Questions: 120
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours
- Language of Questions: English only
- Maximum Marks: 480
- Marking Pattern: 4 marks will be given for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 marks to be deducted for every incorrect answer
|Topics||Number of Questions||Maximum marks|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
|Total||120 questions||480 marks|
NIMCET Syllabus 2021
The subject-wise syllabus for the NIMCET 2021 examination is given below.
- Computer Awareness: Organization Of A Computer, CPU, Structure Of Instructions In CPU, Input/ Output Devices, Computer Memory, Back-Up Devices, Representation Of Characters, Integers & Fractions, Binary & Hexadecimal Representations, Binary Arithmetic, Simple Arithmetic & Two’s Complement Arithmetic, Floating Point Representation Of Numbers, Boolean Algebra, Truth Tables, Venn Diagrams, etc.
- Mathematics: Set Theory, Probability and Statistics, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, Vectors and Trigonometry, etc.
- General English: Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar, Word Power, Synonyms & Antonyms, Meaning of Words & Phrases, Technical Writing, etc.
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: This section will cover logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage, etc.
NIMCET 2021 Admit Card
- After the application form submission process gets over, authorities will upload the admit card online through the official website.
- Only those candidates will be able to download the admit card who will submit the application form before the last date.
- An admit card comprises information about the exam time, date, and examination venue.
- Please note that the admit card is a very important document and it should be carried to the examination center.
- No candidate will be permitted to take the examination without having an admit card.
NIMCET 2021 Result
- The result will be declared in online mode via official website.
- To check the result, aspirants need to visit the official website and provide information like roll number, etc.
- Along with the result, authorities will also make a merit list available in online mode.
- Successful candidates will get an email with a link to download the rank card.
- The emails that successful candidates going to receive will also have usernames and passwords for choice filling.
NIMCET Admission Process 2021
- After the declaration of result, candidates have to sign-in using their username and password on the official portal.
- Once logged in, they will be able to provide the choice of NITs as per their preferences.
- The seats will be allotted to the students solely based on the ranks secured by them and choices filled online.
- Next, the candidates have to visit the institute allotted to them along with all the necessary documents.
- Institute will then verify the documents and process the rest of the formalities.
- Please note that the counselling process will take place in multiple rounds.
- Candidates getting selected for admission in the first round of counselling but don’t want to join can participate in subsequent rounds of counselling. However, such candidates have to visit the reporting center and surrender their seats first.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I don’t want to apply online. Can I get the printed application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application process will take place in online mode only. There is no provision for offline applications.
Question – 2: Is there any need to send the hardcopy of the application form submitted online?
Answer: No, there is no need to send any hardcopy of the application form submitted online.
Question – 3: Is a calculator allowed in the NIMCET 2021 exam?
Answer: Calculator and any other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the NIMCET examination.
Question – 4: My application form is rejected due to the wrong information. Can I get the refund of my application fee?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded in any case.