The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has released the application form for admission to its UG and PG courses. Selected candidates will get admission to degree programs like Bachelors of Fashion Technology, Bachelors of Design, Master of Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Management courses, Master of Design, etc.
The last date for submitting the NIFT application form 2022 is 17th January 2022. The application process is completely online in which the candidates have to fill and submit the application form through the institute’s website.
NIFT application form released, check direct link to apply.
Authorities have released the NIFT application dates as shown in the following table.
|Release of official notification||Released|
|Starting of the application process||3rd December 2021|
|Last date for registration without late fees||17th January 2022|
|Last date to register by paying Rs. 5000/- late fees||18th to 22nd January 2022|
|Date of Examination||6th February 2022|
Important documents to apply online
It is strongly recommended to keep the following documents with you before starting the NIFT exam application process.
- A recent passport size photograph of the candidate in a scanned format
- A scanned copy of the signature of the candidate
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Caste/ Tribe/ Class certificate (for the candidate from SC/ ST/ OBC categories)
- Bachelor’s Degree mark sheet
- Disability Certificate (only for the candidates with a disability)
- ID proof of the candidate (Voter ID card/ PAN Card/ Aadhar Card/ College ID card with DOB and address of the candidate)
- An active phone number
- A valid Email ID
- Debit Card/ Credit Card details (If you are looking to pay fees online)
- Demand Draft of application fee (only if you want to pay fees via DD)
How to Apply? Step by Step process
Please note that you should verify the NIFT Eligibility Criteria before starting the application process. Candidates from all the categories (except for foreign nationals/ NRI/ SAARC/ OCI category) can apply for NIFT 2022 examination in online mode. Let’s go through the complete step-by-step process to submit the application form.
Step: 1 Online Registration (Creating Login ID)
- First of all, the interested candidates should visit the official website of the institute i.e. https://www.nift.ac.in/node/132.
- Locate and click on the official link to the application form.
- Next, you have to register by entering the following basic details.
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Programme Applied For
- Category, etc.
- After registration, your login credentials will get generated.
- You must keep the user ID and password safe as they are required to make any changes to your application form.
Step – 2: Sign-in using the login credential
- Once the registration process gets over, you may sign-in to the portal using the user ID and password generated during registration.
- Click on the “Submit” button after entering your login credentials to sign-in.
Step – 3: Fill your details in the NIFT Application Form
- In the next step, you have to provide all your educational, contact and personal details in the application form.
- The details you enter must be accurate otherwise the application form will get rejected.
- Some of the details that you have to enter in the application form of NIFT are as follows.
- Personal Details: Name, Name of parents, Gender, Nationality, Residential address, Permanent Address, Date of birth, etc.
- Academic Details: Qualifying exam marks, School/ institute of clearing the qualifying exam, year of passing, any other diploma course, name of the course you are looking to pursue, etc.
- Make sure you verify and save the details after entering them.
Step – 4: Uploading the scanned images
- The next step after entering the details is to upload the scanned images of the photograph and signature in the application form.
- Ensure that the images you upload are matching with the specification i.e. size and format.
Step – 5: Application Fee
- Finally, after uploading the images you can move on to pay the application fee.
- We recommend you to verify the details entered in the application form before paying the application fee.
- You can pay the application fee online or via a bank draft.
- In case you pay the application fee through a demand draft then you need to submit the hard copy of the application form along with the draft on the following address.
The Project Manager – CMS
All India Management Association (AIMA)
15 Link Road, Lajpat Nagar – Part 3
New Delhi -110024
Note: Keep a printed copy of the application form along with the proof of payment safe for your future reference.
NIFT Application Fee
The application fee for NIFT examination is as follows:
|General/OBC (Non-Creamy)/ General EWS Categories||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD Categories||Rs. 1000/-|
Mode of payment
There are two ways by which you may pay the application fee
- Credit Cards/ Debit Cards: Bank or transaction charges will also be applicable while paying the fees online.
- Demand Draft: The DD should be drawn in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at New Delhi
Specification of the Images to be uploaded
The scanned images should fulfill the specifications as explained below.
|Particular||Format of the images||Size of the file|
|Photograph||.JPG/ .JPEG||Less than 50 kb|
|Signature||.JPG/ .JPEG||Less than 50 kb|
Instructions for the Scanned photograph
- The photograph should be of passport size, recent and colored.
- You must not wear glasses in the photo and there should not be any reflections.
- Caps, hats, and sunglasses are also not permissible. However, religious headwear is allowed.
- Please take the photograph in a light background preferable white.
- Your face including eyes should be clearly visible.
Instructions for the Scanned Signature
- Please sign on a white paper with a black pen in running hand.
- You should scan the signed area only not the entire page.
- The signature you upload will also appear on the NIFT admit card. So, make sure you sign properly because it must match our original signature. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Do not sign in capital letters.
- The signature must be in running hand only.
In case a student makes a mistake in filling the application form then he/she can fix it using the correction window.
- The correction window may be available from January 2022.
- Through this window, the applicants will get the opportunity to review and correct their personal information.
- Remember changes in the City of Examination are not permitted.