NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021: Important Points for NEET PG Eligibility
NEET PG is a prestigious national level single window entrance exam for admission in MD/MS/PG diploma courses in various medical institutes in India. NEET PG is a mandatory exam for gaining admission in any Post Graduate Medical Course. Aspirants who will qualify the exam will be eligible for admissions in around 350 medical colleges (both public and private).
NEET PG Application Form 2021 will be available in the last week of October 2020 via online mode only. Aspirants will have to login to official website to register for the examination. Aspirants of NEET PG seeking admission are advised to check their eligibility criteria for NEET PG before filling the application form. The exam will be conducted in the 1st week of January 2021 by National Board of Examination.
This article will shed some useful insight as well as latest news regarding the eligibility criteria for NEET exam 2021. Therefore aspirants are suggested to skim through the article carefully.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Mandatory MBBS Degree: Aspirant must be in possession of MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized as per the provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Aspirants who passed MBBS from the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K may/may not be eligible for admissions in seats reserved under All India quota of 50%. However, as per the NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021, if any of the said aspirants are nominated by Government of India ,to complete MBBS degree from a medical college in former Andhra Pradesh and J&K, they are eligible to apply for admission under 50% quota mentioned above.
Even then, aspirant need to submit a duly signed affidavit, declaring the above nomination by GOI and a printout of the acknowledgement of NEET PG application form 2021 and submit it to the following –
Deputy Director (Examinations),
National Board of Examinations, Medical Enclave,
Ansari Nagar, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, New Delhi- 110029.
- Internship Requirement: NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 makes it compulsory for aspirants to complete the one-year internship.
The said internship must be completed on or before March 31, 2021.
- MCI Certificate:To be eligible for the exam, aspirants must possess a permanent or provisional registration certificate issued by Medical Council of India or State Medical Council.
- Aadhar Card: Aspirants (except those having domicile of J&K, Assam or Meghalaya) are required to enter their Aadhar card details during registration process of NEET PG.
Those who don’t possess Aadhar card should get enroll themselves for Aadhar from Aadhar Enrollment Centre.
Aspirants who have applied for Aadhar card but haven’t received it yet must enter 14 digits enrollment ID printed on Aadhar enrollment slip.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 for Foreign Nationals
- Foreign nationals need not to possess a temporary registration certificate from MCI at the time of NEET PG exam.
- Foreign nationals are qualified to appear for the exam without MCI registration.
- However, NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021 declare that foreign nationals need to obtain a temporary registration certificate from MCI for the entire duration of the course.
Note: Aspirants who have obtained their primary medical qualification from foreign and who do not have MCI/SMC certificates are required to bring their original screening test pass certificate issued on NBE letterhead during the counseling process.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 according to Domicile Status
|Sr. no||State of Domicile||State from where MBBS passed||Eligibility for 50% all India quota|
|1||Candidates with domicile status in states other than AP (Andhra Pradesh)/Telangana/J&K||AP/ Telangana/ J&K||Eligible (if affidavit is submitted, as mentioned above)|
|2||AP/ Telangana/ J&K||AP/ Telangana/ J&K||Not Eligible|
|3||AP/ Telangana/ J&K||States outside AP/ Telangana/ J&K||Eligible|
Non Eligibility conditions as per NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Aspirants who breach the NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021 will not be permitted to appear for the exam.
- If by mistake, an ineligible candidate finds a way to appear for or clear NEET PG exam, his/her candidature will be regarded as cancelled.
- Candidate who fails to qualify the mandatory internship criteria will not be eligible to apply for NEET PG Exam.
- Candidates whose MBBS degrees aren’t recognized as per IMC Act, 1956 will not be able to take the concerned exam.
Important Points for NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2021
- According to NEET PG eligibility criteria, only one aspirant can register for one academic year of NEET PG. It simply means that once a candidate is registered, he/she will not be allowed to fill the form again for given year.
- Applicants should carefully fill the start and completion dates of their one-year rotary internship. Since the dates they enter in the form will be considered final. Therefore they should match the dates with the original ones on the certificates.
- The selection of candidate in any medical institution/college via NEET PG entrance requires fulfilling the NEET PG eligibility criteria 2021.
- NEET PG will be organized in first week of January 2021. It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT) containing a total of 300 MCQs.