Admissions into postgraduate medical courses of different institutes will be offered to the candidates on the basis of NEET PG 2021. Candidates with an MBBS degree can apply for this eligibility test to be conducted by NBE. The exam has been postponed till further notice. Those who fulfill the basic eligibility can apply for the test as per the specified schedule.
NEET PG 2021 is set to be held on 11th September 2021.
NEET PG 2021 exam has been postponed now.
NEET PG 2021 admit card is now available.
NEET PG application form has been released on 23rd February 2021.
NEET PG 2021 exam is scheduled to be held on 18th April 2021.
NEET PG 2021 Major Highlights
- Any deficiency in the application form will be communicated to the candidates within 15 days after the last date of registration.
- Candidates must rectify the deficiency and provide supporting documents, if required within one week from that.
- The cutoff date for completion of internship for those who want to appear in NEET PG 2021 shall be 31st March 2021.
- A photocopy of Permanent/ Provisional SMC/ MCI registration (to be retained by the test centre) must also be carried while reporting for the exam.
- NBE is only responsible to conduct the exam, declare the result and hand over the result to the different counseling committees.
- Mere qualifying the NEET PG does not guarantee the admission of the candidates into different MD/ MS/ Post Graduate Diploma course.
NEET PG 2021 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to NEET PG 2021 are given in the table below:
|Availability of information bulletin||23rd February 2021|
|Start date of application form submission||—|
|End date of application form submission||—|
|Publication of e-admit card||—|
|Date of eligibility test|
|Beginning of counseling process||—|
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be satisfied by those appearing for NEET PG 2021:
- The candidates with an MBBS degree on in possession of provisional MBBS pass certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 are eligible.
- A permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council (SMC) is also required.
- Candidate should have completed one year of internship or those who are likely to complete before 31st March 2021 can apply too.
Eligibility for All India 50% quota seats
- Candidates who have done MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats.
- However, those who were nominated by the Government of India to do so will be eligible given that they submit a duly signed affidavit regarding the same.
Eligibility for Foreign candidates
- Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India who have obtained their primary medical qualifications from Medical Colleges situated outside India need to appear for a screening test, Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE), conducted by NBE.
- Registration with MCI/ SMC and completion of internship on or before 31st March 2021 is also required.
- Foreign candidates without a temporary MCI registration can appear for NEET PG but must be obtained before commencement of the course.
NEET PG 2021 Application Form
The candidates can apply for NEET PG 2021 through online mode by visiting the official website of NBE nbe.edu.in. Candidates must submit their application form along with the prescribed application fee on time in order to appear for the entrance test.
- In the application form, the candidates will be asked to enter their basic personal and educational details such as name, DOB, gender, qualifying marks obtained, board name, etc.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the application form.
- Good care should be taken to provide only true and correct details into the application form or else it might get rejected.
- Once all the important details are provided into the application form, the candidates can submit it along with application fee.
- The candidate should take a printout the duly filled application form and keep it safe for further use.
- The application fee for NEET PG will be Rs. 3750/- (Rs. 2750/- for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates).
- Payment of application fee can be done through payment gateway provided by NBE using credit card/ debit card and net banking.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern
Below given is the exam pattern overview for NEET PG 2021. The information given below will help you to understand question paper pattern so that you can prepare accordingly.
- Mode of exam: Online
- Exam duration: 3:30 hours
- Medium of exam: English
- Number of questions: 300
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
|Topics||Number of Questions|
|Social And Preventive Medicine||25|
|General Medicine including Psychiatry, Dermatology & Venereology||45|
|General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anesthesia & Radio-diagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of the eligibility test will be according to the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Government of India. Basically, the questions asked in the test will be of MBBS degree level.
NEET PG 2021 Admit Card
- The admit card for NEET PG 2021 has been published on the official website of NBE.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card using their application number, date of birth, etc as asked.
- The applicants should take a printout of the downloaded admit card and carry it to the exam center on the day of exam.
- Entry in the exam hall will be provided to only those with a valid admit card and identity proof.
- It must be noted that no admit card will be sent to the candidates via post or courier.
- Candidates must preserve their admit card till the complete process of admission is over.
NEET PG 2021 Result & Counseling
- Few weeks after the commencement of the exam, NBE will declare the result on its official website.
- Candidates will be able to check their result using details such as roll number, date of birth, etc.
- Ranks will be allotted to the candidates as per the marks scored in the eligibility test.
- Counseling of the candidates will be held as per their ranking by the authorized counseling bodies.
- Preparation of merit lists and conducting the process of the admission will be the responsibility of the counseling committees.