NEET PG 2020: Application Form Correction, Exam Pattern, Eligibility Criteria
NEET PG 2020 will be conducted by the national board of Examinations. This exam will be organized in order to shortlist the candidates for MD/ MS/ PG diploma admission across various medical colleges in India. It is expected that the NEET PG 2020 exam will be conducted on 5th January 2020 and the application form is available from 1st November 2019.
The mode of application for the NEET PG 2020 exam will be online. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can find all the necessary details regarding the exam such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, application form etc. from this article.
News: The application form correction process has been started.
NEET PG 2020 notification out, the application form is releasing today on 1st November 2019. Here is the application link
NEET-PG 2020 is scheduled to be held on 5th January 2020. The quick overview of the exam is as follows:
|Purpose of exam||Qualifying cum Ranking Exam to get admission into MD/MS/PG Diploma courses|
|Exam Pattern||MCQ based with single correct response|
|No. of questions||300|
|Time allotted||3 Hrs. 30 min.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark for every incorrect response|
|Syllabus||As prescribed by Graduate Medical Education Regulations|
|Mod of exam||Computer based|
NEET PG 2020 Important Dates
Please check the official dates for NEET PG 2020 according to the official notification released by concerned authority:
|Important Events||Dates (Out)|
|Release of Official Notification||Released|
|Starting of online registration||1st November 2019|
|Last date to register online||21st November 2019|
|Date of Exam||5th January 2020 (out)|
|Declaration of Result||31st January 2020|
Note: The exact dates have been updated now.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to get admission through the NEET PG 2020 exam.
- The candidate must possess an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate.
- The candidate must also have the permanent or provisional registration certificate issued by the state medical council or MCI.
- The applicant must have completed the internship or likely to complete the internship on or before the 31st March 2020.
NEET PG Application Form 2020
The application form for NEET PG 2020 exam will be made available on the official website of the NBE i.e. www.nbe.edu.in. A direct link to fill the online application form will be updated on this post after the release of official notification. The aspirants have to provide all the educational and personal details in the application form. While entering the details in the application form, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of photo, signature and left hand thumb impression on the application form.
It is advised that the candidates should take a print out of application form submission and fee payment confirmation page for future reference.
Here are the instructions you need to follow to apply for NEET PG 2020:
- The online application form for NEET PG 2020 will be available at its official website i.e. nbe.edu.in.
- The official date for the availability of application form is 1st November 2019 and the last date may fall on 21st November 2019.
- Please note there are no other ways of submitting application form rather than online. Offline and printed copy of application form would be rejected.
- Read the manual carefully in prior to filling the application form.
- Upon submitting the application form, you’d receive a computer-generated acknowledgment. The same will be also sent to the registered email ID of the candidate. All fields marked * in the online application form are compulsory to be filled.
- Candidates who have submitted false or incorrect information may be barred from appearing in future examinations.
- Please keep a hard copy of the application form safe for future reference.
You are not allowed to edit the following informatin:
1. Your name
2. Date of Birth
5. Mobile Number
6. Email address
7. Exam city
10. Category of the candidate
The NEET PG 2020 application fee will be paid only via online mode by using a credit card, debit card or net banking. The application fees for different categories are as follows:
- For General and OBC candidates: Rs. 3750/-
- For SC/ ST/ PwD (PH) candidates: Rs. 2750/-
NEET PG Exam Pattern 2020
The Exam pattern for NEET PG 2020 exam is given below:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer-based test)
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours and 30 minutes
- Type of Questions: Only objective type multiple choice questions will be asked in NEET PG 2020 exam.
- No. of Questions: 300 Questions will be asked.
- Language of question paper: English only:
- Marking Scheme: 4 Marks will be awarded for a correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
Subject-wise distribution of Questions:
- Social And Preventive Medicine: 25
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anesthesia: 46
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: 25
- Pharmacology: 20
- Microbiology: 20
- Anatomy: 15
- Medicine Dermatology And Venereology: 37
- Pathology: 25
- Ophthalmology: 10
- Psychiatry: 10
- Forensic Medicine: 10
- Radio diagnosis & Radiotherapy: 12
- Paediatrics: 15
- Physiology: 15
- Biochemistry: 15
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of NEET PG 2020 will be consisting of subjects as per the latest regulations of graduate medical education issues by Medical Council of India (MCI). In order to check the complete syllabus candidate may visit the official website of MCI.
How to prepare for NEET PG Exam?
The competition level is expected to be quite high in NEET PG 2020, as it is a national level entrance test. Candidates may follow the tips and tricks given below in order to prepare for this exam in a better way.
- Make a well-structured study plan and follow it with discipline.
- Set short term goal i.e. daily, weekly and monthly targets. Achieve these targets and you will be prepared for the main exam by itself.
- Solve as many previous year question papers and mock tests as possible.
- Always take some breaks while studying.
- Make short notes of all the important topics. This will help you revise the syllabus in a better way.
- Keep yourself healthy and stress-free. Make sure you have enough sleep and a healthy diet during the course of preparation.
Recommended books for NEET PG 2020 Exam
Different books are recommended for all the subjects. Some of them are as follows:
- Micro : Rachna Chaurasya
- FM : Marrow QBank
- Obs and Gynae : Sakshi Arora
- Anesthesia : Vivek Jain
- Psychiatry : Praveen Tripathi
- Medicine : Deepak Marwah
NEET PG Admit Card 2020
The admit card for NEET PG 2020 exam will be released in online mode through the official website only. The candidates need to download and print the admit card as the authorities will not send it via post or email. It will be mandatory for every candidate to carry admit card at the exam center along with following documents.
- Photocopy of provisional/ permanent SCM/ MCI registration (the photocopy will be retained by the invigilator)
- Any one of the following photo id proof in original. PAN Card/ Voter ID/ Driving license/ Passport/ Voter ID/ Aadhar Card.
Note: The candidates have to past their photograph on the printed copy of admit card.
NEET PG 2020 Result
The result of NEET PG 2020 exam will be declared on the official website only. It is expected that the result will be announced by the last week of January 2020. The result will remain valid for the year 2020 admission session only. In case of a tie, candidate with more no. of correct response will get a better merit position.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
In order to provide admission to 50% All India Quota seats, the centralized counselling will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The concerned state medical authorities will organize the counseling for state quota seats.
During counseling process, the candidates have to enter their choices of colleges and get their documents verified. The allotment of seats will be done solely on the basis of merit and choice filled by the candidates.
NBE Customer Care Number
- Helpline number: 1800 266 7075 (Toll-Free)
- Email: email@example.com
- Official website: http://www.nbe.edu.in/