NEET 2021: Changes, Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Exam Date
NEET 2021 will be conducted by NTA to test the eligibility of the candidates for selection in different medical and dental colleges. The candidates who qualify the exam will be given the opportunity for enrolment into MBBS or BDS course. Interested candidates can submit their application form for the exam in online mode. In this article, the candidates can find the complete details related to NEET 2021. Some preparation tips and important books that can help them in preparation are also mentioned.
Expected changes in NEET 2021
There are certain things that you need to know about NEET 2021. From 2019 onwards, NEET is being held by NTA which had decided to conduct it twice a year and in online mode. Due to certain issues, this wasn’t possible for the year 2019 but there are chances that NEET 2021 may be conducted online and twice a year. Any confirmation regarding all this will be updated as soon as official notification is released. However, this will not affect the candidates preparing for NEET UG 2021 as there will be no changes in the exam syllabus or pattern.
NEET 2021 Important Dates
Check below the tentative dates related to NEET 2021:
|Availability of online application form||November 2020, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application||November 2020, last week|
|Last date for payment of fees||December 2020, 1st week|
|Opening of form correction window||January 2021, 3rd week|
|Last date for correction in form||January 2021, last week|
|Release of admit card||April 2021, 3rd week|
|Date of examination||May 2021, 1st week|
|Declaration of result||June 2021, 1st week|
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the NEET 2021 aspirants:
Indian Citizens and Overseas Citizens of India who wish to pursue MBBS/ BDS from an Indian or foreign Medical/ Dental Institute can apply for NEET UG 2021.
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December 2021.
- A relaxation of 5 years will be given to the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category.
- Candidates appearing in their class 12th exam in the year 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Those who have passed their class 12th exam with English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and Mathematics or any other elective subject can also apply.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School or have studied Biology/ Biotechnology as an additional subject at 10+2 level are not eligible.
- The applicants with a pass in Intermediate/ Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/ Board or other recognized body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English are eligible.
- Those who clear Pre-professional/ Pre-medical exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English after passing 12th or equivalent exam can apply too.
- Applicants in the first year of 3-year degree course of a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology are eligible.
- The candidates who have passed B.Sc exam with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and have passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are also eligible.
- The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (45% for PH candidates and 40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology. Individual pass in these subjects is also mandatory.
NEET Application Form 2021
The application form for NEET 2021 can be obtained from the official website www.nta.ac.in and www.ntaneet.nic.in. The application form is expected to release in the month of November 2020.
- The candidates can fill the form by providing their personal details such as name, category, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
- The email id and mobile number used must remain active as any intimation regarding the exam will be given through them only.
- Apart from personal details, the candidates will also have to provide the details related to their education.
- Candidates are also required to upload their photograph (between 10 kb and 200 kb) and signature (between 4 kb and 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format.
- The duly filled application form can then be submitted online along with the application fee.
- After the application process is complete, the candidates should take a printout of the application form and keep it safe for future use.
- There is no need to send the printout of the application form to the office of NTA.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1400/- for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 750/- for SC/ ST/ PH/ Transgender candidates.
- The payment of application fee can be done either online through debit card/ credit card/ net banking or by cash deposit through e-Challan.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
Below given is the exam pattern for NEET 2021:
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Question paper language: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu (Candidates opting for English would be provided test booklet in English only. For any other language, test booklet will be in English + opted language.)
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Number of questions: 180
- Total marks: 720
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each right answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
|Subjects||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
|Biology (Botany + Zoology)||90||360|
The candidates can check below the complete syllabus for NEET UG 2021 preparations:
- Class 11 topics: Physical world and measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves
- Class 12 topics: Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei and Electronic Devices
- Class 11 topics: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s- and some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry-Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons and Environmental Chemistry
- Class 12 topics: Solid State Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p- Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers and Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Class 11 topics: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology and Human Physiology
- Class 12 topics: Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications and Ecology and Environment
NEET Exam Preparation Tips
Some basis tips for the NEET 2021 aspirants that can help them in preparing well for the exams are given below:
- First of all, know your exam- its pattern and syllabus.
- Collect your study material according to the syllabus and only from reliable sources. NCERT books are a must read.
- As you move further with your preparations, make a habit of revision so that you do not forget the old topics.
- Solve previous years’ question papers to gain a better idea of the exam.
- Keep yourself healthy and do not stressed as you have now plenty of time to prepare well for your NEET UG exam.
A list of certain highly recommended books that the candidates can follow for exam preparation is given below:
- Physics: Concept of Physics by HC Verma and Arihant Objective Physics by DC Pandey
- Chemistry: JD Lee Inorganic Chemistry, Morrison Organic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry by KL Chugh
- Biology: Trueman’s Elementary Biology Volume I & II and Dinesh Objective Biology.
NEET 2021 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to download their NEET admit card from the official website of NTA.
- After the candidates download the admit card, a copy of the admit card will also be sent to their registered email id.
- On the admit card, details related to candidate’s name, roll number, father’s name, category, sub-category, photograph, signature, date of birth, question paper language and name and address of exam centre will be mentioned.
- The candidates must carry their admit card along with one passport sized photograph, authorized photo identity proof and PwD certificate (if applicable) to the exam center.
- A candidate who does not possess a valid admit card and other required documents will not be admitted to the exam hall under any circumstances.
- The result of NEET UG 2021 will be announced hopefully in the month of June 2021 in online mode.
- The candidates who obtain a minimum of 50th (45th for PwD candidates and 40th for Sc/ ST/ OBC candidates) percentile in the test will be considered as qualified.
- An all India merit list of the successful candidates will be prepared by the NTA.
- A separate merit list will be drawn for the candidates who opt for 15% All India Quota seats.
- The counseling will be conducted by DGHS and other admitting authority on the basis of merit list made by NTA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: Can I apply offline for NEET?
Ans: No, you are not allowed to do so. You only need to apply through the official website of NEET. The official website to apply online is https://ntaneet.nic.in/.
Ques: Can I submit multiple applications?
Ans: No, one candidate needs to submit only one application.
Ques: What would be mode of exam?
Ans: NEET is a pen and paper based exam which includes 180 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each question will carry 4 marks. The test would be conducted for duration of three hours.
Ques: I belong to OBC-NCL category, how much application fee I need to pay?
Ans: You need to pay Rs.1400/- as an application fee. More details can be found in the application form section.
Ques: Who will conduct NEET in 2021?
Ans: Like this year, the National Testing Agency will conduct NEET in 2021.