Aspirants of NDA I 2021 must know the exam pattern & syllabus in order to crack the exam. Information of exam pattern plays a pivotal role in the exam as it lets student’s know about the structure in which the paper will be framed. Using this, aspirants can plan their schedule for preparation accordingly. In this Article, we’ll give you the latest news about the NDA exam pattern 2021 along with the structure of the exam too. Students are suggested to read the Article completely to have an idea of the exam before they start their preparation.
NDA Exam Pattern 2021 – Highlights
Aspirants are required to go through the key features of the exam as stated below as a footnote-
- Exam Mode: Pen & Paper based.
- of Papers: Paper I & Paper II
- Type of Questions : MCQs
- Paper Codes: Mathematics(01) & General Ability Test(02)
- Language: English & Hindi
- Exam Duration: 2 Hours 30 Minutes for each Paper Code.
- Negative Marking:33 Marks will be deducted in case of wrong answer.
|Mathematics||300||2 ½ hours|
|GAT (Section 1- English)||200||2 ½ hours|
|GAT (Section 2- General Knowledge)||400|
Exam Pattern for General Ability Test (GAT)
- The General Ability Test question booklet will be divided into four parts – A, B, C and D.
- There will be total 150 questions in the test booklet.
- The maximum marks allotted for the General Ability Section is 600.
- For correct answers, aspirants will be given 4 marks and for incorrect answers, 0.33 marks will be deducted as wrong answers.
- The total duration of the exam is 2 hours 30 min
- All questions will carry equal marks
- There will be four options and candidates will have to choose only one option.
Exam Pattern for Mathematics
- The mathematics section will carry total 120 questions.
- The maximum marks allotted to this section are 300.
- Each question will carry 2.5 marks and 0.33 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
- The question paper will be set both in English and Hindi
Aspirants who will clear the written exam will further be shortlisted for SSB Test. The test is conducted for five days. The stages of SSB Tests include screening test, psychological test, GTO, Personal Interview and Conference. Candidates need to qualify in all stages by securing minimum qualifying marks.
UPSC has included the marking scheme of NDA exam in the paper pattern. Aspirants can note down the marking scheme structure for their preparation in advance –
|Marks per Question||2.5||4|
|Score calculations||Number of questions answered correctly x 2.5 – Number of incorrect responses x 0.33||Total number of questions answered correctly x 4 – Total number of correct responses x 0.33|
Subject-wise distribution of marks
Given below is the subject wise distribution of marks for candidate’s quick reference –
|History, Freedom Movement, etc.||80|
Written Exam Syllabus
NDA syllabus will help aspirants in devising effective strategy to prepare well for the exam. With the help of the exam pattern and syllabus, Aspirants will be able to collect the required preparation materials. The topics in the NDA syllabus have been incorporated after reviewing the syllabus of Class 10 and 12 levels. The Syllabus is crafted by the experts, so nothing should be left unattended.
Syllabus of General Ability
The Syllabus of NDA General Ability includes topics from English, Reasoning, Physics, Chemistry, General knowledge, General Science, History, and Geography etc.
Syllabus of Mathematics
The NDA syllabus of Mathematics includes topics from algebra, calculus, statistics and probability, matrices and determinants etc.