NDA exam will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit motivated candidates in the Indian Army, Navy & Air Force respectively. It is a national level entrance test that is organized twice a year i.e. NDA I and NDA II. It is a two-tier examination where after the written test; aspirants will also have to clear SSB Interview round. Before applying for the exam, it is mandatory for aspirants to seek their eligibility through the NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022. In this article, we’ll deal with the said criteria and associated elements. Aspirants are advised to stay tuned to this page as we’ll keep on updating information once the official notifications are released.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates should follow the given NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022 carefully as mentioned below-
- Indian Citizens or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- PIO who migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Zambia, Malawi, Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
|Indian Army||Indian Navy & Indian Air Force||Age Criteria||Gender & Marital Status|
Aspirants seeking admission in Indian Navy and Air force should have cleared class 12th/appearing from a recognized board or University with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
For NDA I, aspirants must have born between 2nd July 2003 and 1st July 2006.
For NDA II, aspirant should have born between 2nd January 2004 and 1st July 2007.
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible
Female candidates are not allowed.
Note 1– For Age Proof of the candidate, UPSC will consider the DOB mentioned on the matriculation/HSC certificate or any other equivalent document.
- Aspirants will not be allowed to get married until they complete their training.
- An individual who marries prior to the date of exam will not be shortlisted for training under any circumstance.
- An individual who gets married during the training will be dismissed from the service and will have to all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
Aspirants must be mentally and physically fit as per the medical standards set by NDA and Naval Academy Examination 2022. They can go through the given details of Physical standards for more reference –
- Aspirants willing to participate in NDA exam should not have permanent tattoos except on inner arm of forearm.
- Tattoos on inside of elbow, on wrist, reverse of palm or any other part of the body will not be permitted.
- Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on individual basis.
Height and Weight Standards:
- The minimum height measurement as declared by UPSC is 157 cms (162.5 cms. for Air Force).
- For Aspirants of Gorkha tribe and hills of North-Eastern areas of India, Garhwal, and Kumaon, minimum height standard will be 5 cms Less than normal.
- For aspirants from Lakshadweep the minimum height can be reduced by 2 cms.
Height/Weight Standards for Indian Army/Air Force
|Without Shoe||16-17 Years||17-18 Years||18-19 Years|
|Without Shoe||16 Years||18 Years||20 Years|
Note-1: Individuals with heavy bones and broad build as well as individuals with thin build but otherwise healthy may be given some relaxation on merit.
Note-2: Height relaxation is up to 2.5 cm. (5 cm. for Navy) might be permitted where the Medical Board states that the aspirant will probably grow and come up to the required standard on completion of his training.
There will be some extra physical requirements as a pilot in the Air Force. The acceptable length is as follows:
Physical Standards of IAF
|Leg Length||99 cms||120 cms|
|Thigh Length||–||65 cms|
|Sitting Height||81.50 cms||96 cms|
- Distance vision (corrected) – 6/6 in better eye & 6/9 in worse eye.
- Myopia case-Under 2.5D.
- Hypermetropia case-Under 3.5 D including Astigmatism.
- To rule out the possibility of any eye disease, ophthalmoscope will perform a thorough examination of the eye.
- Aspirants should have good binocular vision.
- The color vision standard will be (CP-III) for Army.
- Aspirant should be able to identify red and green colors.
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6|
|Corrected with glass||6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of Color Perception||I|
Eyesight Eligibility for Air Force Candidates
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Hypermetropia Limit||+2.00 D Sph|
|Color Vision||CP-I (MLT)|
|Astigmatism||+0.75 Cyl(Within +2D max)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Maddox Rod Test
|At 6 Meters||Exo-6 Prism D|
|Eso-6 Prism D|
|Hyper-1 Prism D|
|Hypo-1 Prism D|
|At 33 Centimeters||Exo-16 Prism D|
|Eso-6 Prism D|
|Hyper-1 Prism D|
|Hypo-1 Prism D|
Hope you understand the minimum eligibility requirements for taking NDA exam. If you are meeting the said criteria, you can apply for NDA exam.
8 thoughts on “NDA Eligibility Criteria 2022- Educational Criteria, Physical Standards”
I’am on +1 now (December 2019) , when I should apply for the NDA exam.
What is the criteria for knee knocking in nda while physical test
Sir,I just clear my 11 exam can I give NDA exam
apply for NDA exam
Those student who r appearing in class 12 can apply for Indian navy and air Force
are yaar nda ki site kyu jaam chal rahi hain sir
May 12th kar raha hoon kya NDA ke liye apply kar sakta Hoon