NDA 2021 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) two times i.e. in the month of April and September. The exam will be organized to recruit the eligible candidates in different wings of the Indian armed forces – Indian Navy, Indian Army and Indian Air Force respectively. Interested candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form. The form for NDA-I exam will be released on 30th Dec 2021 and for NDA-II exam, it will be released on 9th June 2021.
Candidates should ensure their eligibility status before moving ahead for the application form. The exam will be held in two tiers i.e. written test followed by the SSB interview round. The written test will be of 2 hours 20 minutes for each paper i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II where paper-I denotes mathematics and paper-II denotes general ability test. NDA 2021 will be conducted in offline mode where candidates will be provided with a question booklet and OMR answer sheet to mark the answers.
NDA 2021 application form has been released by 30th Dec 2021.
NDA 2021 Highlights
- There will be no printed application form released by the authority. Candidates can fill the form only through online mode.
- Candidates should fill and submit the form on or before the due date specified by the authority to avoid last-minute technical errors and glitches.
- In case of multiple applications, the applications with higher RID shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of Commission i.e. Permanent or Short Service shall be entitled for AC III Tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits.
- Any discrepancy in the call letter shall be communicated to the authorities immediately.
- Those opting for Air force will be given a computerized pilot selection system only once. A candidate who fails in the CPSS cannot apply for admission to the national defence academy examination for the air force wing or general duties (pilot) branch or naval air arm.
The official schedule of NDA exam is as follows-
|Application form releasing date||30th Dec 2020||9th June 2021|
|Last date to submit the application||19th Jan 2021||29th June 2021|
|Admit card releasing||1st week of April 2021||4th week of August 2021|
|Exam date||18th April 2021||5th September 2021|
|Result declaration||3rd week of June 2021||December 2021|
|Interview date||August 2021/September 2021||January 2022 to April 2022|
|Final result announcement||Last week of November 2021||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for NDA 2021
The eligibility criteria to be met by every applicant are provided below-
Nationality: A candidate must be an unmarried male and must be a citizen of India, or subject of Nepal/Bhutan, or Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For NDA-I, unmarried male not born earlier than 1st July 2002 and not later than 1st July 2004 can apply.
- For NDA-II, unmarried male not born earlier than 2nd January 2003 and not later than 1st January 2006 are eligible for the exam.
- Marriage before or at the time of training is strictly prohibited.
- For Army: Candidates should have completed class 12th exam or its equivalent from a recognized board/university.
- For Air force and Navy (including the 10+2 cadet entry scheme at INA): 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates appearing in the last year of the qualifying exam can also apply provided that they must pass class 12th exam before the final selection.
Height & Weight requirements for Indian Army/ Air Force
|Height (cm) Without Shoe||Weight (Kg)|
|16-17 Years||17-18 Years||18-19 Years|
Height & Weight requirements for Indian Navy
|16 Years||18 Years||20 Years|
NDA 2021 Application form
To fill the application form of NDA, candidates are required to register themselves on the official website of the UPSC by providing their name, contact number and email address. After successful registration, applicants can proceed for the application form. They need to keep their documents ready while filling their details in the form. The details in the application form will include-personal, education, work experience (if any), and other relevant information.
Candidates need to provide correct information in the application form as no correction facility will be provided to them to edit the details once the form is submitted. If at any stage, the details provided by the candidates are proved to be false and misleading then their candidature shall be cancelled by the authority. Applicants must pay the application fee decided by the commission otherwise their applications will end up getting rejected by them. Candidates are also required to upload the scanned copy of their latest passport-sized photograph and signature in the form.
Candidates need to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/- via credit card/ debit card/ net banking and SBI E-Challan. SC/ST candidates, Sons of JCOs, NCOs & Ors are exempted from the payment of application fee.
NDA Exam Pattern
Candidates can note down the exam pattern of NDA so that they can kick start their preparation as early as possible-
- Exam mode: Pen and paper-based mode
- Medium of instructions: Hindi and English
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes for each paper
- Type of questions: Multiple choice-based
- Negative marking: 1/3rd marks will be deducted for marking the incorrect answer.
|Mathematics||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General ability test||600||2 hours 30 minutes|
NDA 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus of UPSC NDA exam comprises of Mathematics subject and General ability test. In general ability test, there will be Part A and Part B corresponding to English and GK section. In Part A, questions on English language, grammar, one-word substitution, word meaning, sentence rearrangement etc shall be asked. Whereas, in Part B questions will be asked on current affairs, history, science, polity, geography, economics to name a few. The mathematics test will be based on the syllabus prescribed for class 11th and class 12th respectively.
- Candidates can download the admit card/call letter of NDA 2021 from the official website of the UPSC i.e. upsc.nic.in.
- They need to retain the printout copy of the admit card and keep it safe for future use.
- It is compulsory for the candidates to bring the hall ticket to the exam venue along with a valid govt. id proof failing which they won’t be given the entry to the exam hall.
- In case of discrepancy in the hall ticket, candidates should inform the authority immediately so that the mistake can be rectified on time.
Result and selection
- The result of NDA examination can be checked from the official web portal of UPSC.
- Candidates need to check their roll number in the list published by the officials.
- Those who clear the cutoff marks decided by the authority will be shortlisted for the SSB interview round.
- Selected candidates need to register themselves for the interview on the website of Directorate general of recruiting.
- Candidates will be called for interview and they need to carry their original documents (along with photocopies) at the venue for verification.
- For candidates opting for Indian Air Force, a pilot test will be conducted and they have to clear the test.
- The final selection will be based on the overall marks scored by the candidates in written and interview rounds. It will also depend on the number of vacancies available.