NDA 2020: Admit Card, Date of Exam, Pattern
NDA 2020 exam will be held by UPSC to select candidates for admission into training academies of Indian Military, Navy and Air Force. The exam is conducted twice a year. To be eligible for selection, the candidates will have to qualify the written exam and interview following it. The candidates will be able to download their admit card for NDA I soon. Applicants are suggested to verify their eligibility before filling out the application. after successful submission of application, withdrawal of candidature is not permissible.
News:NDA I is proposed to be held on 6th September 2020.
NDA 1 which was scheduled to be held on 19th April 2020 has been postponed till further notice.
NDA I admit card will be available soon.
Highlights of NDA 2020
- The filling and submission of the application form can only be done in online mode.
- Candidates having problem with the online application submission can contact the facilitation counter.
- In case the candidates submit multiple applications, he must make sure the application submitted later is complete in all respect as the application with highest RID will only be considered.
- Discrepancy in the admit card can make it invalid and therefore must be corrected by communicating the Commission.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of Commission will be offered traveling allowance.
NDA 2020 Important Dates
The official dates related to NDA 2020 exam are given in the table below:
|Important Activities||Respective Dates|
|For NDA I||For NDA II|
|Online application form release date||8th January 2020||10th June 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||28th January 2020||30th June 2020|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of April 2020||4th week of August 2020|
|Date of exam||6th September 2020||6th September 2020|
|Announcement of result||July 2020||December 2020|
|Date of interview||August 2020 to September 2020||January 2021 to April 2021|
|Declaration of final result||To be notified||To be notified|
|Commencement of classes||January 2021||July 2021|
NDA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NDA 2020 are given in terms of age, nationality and educational qualification:
Age, Sex and Marital status:
- NDA I: Male candidates who are unmarried and are born not earlier than 2nd July 2001 and not later than 1st July 2004 are eligible.
- NDA II: Male candidates who are unmarried and are born not earlier than 2nd January 2002 and not later than 1st January 2005 are eligible.
- Marriage before or during the training is strictly prohibited.
The applying candidate should be any of the following:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- For Army Wing: The applicants should have cleared their class 12th exam or its equivalent from a recognized board/ university.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy: Candidates who have cleared their class 12th exam with Physics, and Mathematics from a recognized board/ university are eligible.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply given that they clear the exam before the final selection.
- Candidates appearing in class 11th exam are not eligible to apply.
The candidates should be fit, physically and medically, as per the physical standard set by the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
Height & Weight Standards for Indian Army/ Air Force
|Height (Cms) Without Shoe||Weight (Kgs)|
|16-17 Years||17-18 Years||18-19 Years|
Height & Weight Standards for Indian Navy
|16 Years||18 Years||20 Years|
NDA Application Form 2020
The application form for NDA 2020 will be released online. Interested and eligible candidates will be able to obtain the application form by visiting the official website of UPSC. There will be two parts of application: Part 1 (registration) and part 2 (filling rest details in the form).
- Using their basic details such as name, mobile number, email address, etc, the candidates will have to fill the registration form.
- After successful registration, id and password will be received by the candidates to fill the rest of the application form.
- In the application form, personal details, contact details and educational details of the candidates will be asked.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature will also be uploaded into the form.
- Once all the details are entered correctly, the candidates can finally submit the application form.
- The candidates should take a printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe for future correspondence.
- Along with the form, the candidates are also required to submit the prescribed application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/-. The SC/ ST candidates and sons of Junior Commissioned Officers/ Non-Commissioned Officers/ Other Ranks of Army will be exempted from fee payment.
- Candidates can submit the application fee using debit card/ credit card/ SBI net banking or through cash using the pay-in slip generated during application submission.
- The cash should be deposited with the slip to any nearest branch of SBI on the next working day of slip generation.
How to withdraw the applications?
Following instructions need to be followed to withdraw your application. Please go through the instructions before you request for withdrawal of application:
- The Commission may start the withdrawal facility from February 2020 for candidates who don’t want to take the examination.
- Candidates will be asked to provide information regarding registered application with registration id which was filled and submitted successfully. The incomplete applications can’t be withdrawn.
- Before you put a request for withdrawal, you need to ensure that you have access to your registered mobile number and email. You’ll receive an OTP to your registered email ID and mobile number and it will be valid for 30 minutes only.
- If you had submitted more than one application then you should use your latest registration-id and all earlier applications are considered invalid.
- Upon the final acceptance of the request for withdrawal, you need to print the authenticated receipt. Once the application is withdrawn, it can’t be revived in future.
- UPSC won’t refund the fee paid by you.
- Upon successful completion of the withdrawal request, an email and SMS will be sent to your registered ID.
NDA 2020 Exam Pattern
Check below the overview of NDA 2020 exam pattern:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Medium of test: Hindi and English both (except for English specific section)
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer one-third of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
|Mathematics||300||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General Ability Test*||600||2 hours 30 minutes|
|SSB Test/ Interview||900||———-|
* General Ability Test will comprise of two sections: English section carrying 200 marks and General Knowledge section carrying 400 marks.
Here is the notified syllabus for NDA exam:
- Mathematics: Algebra, Analytical Geometry Of Two And Three Dimensions, Matrices And Determinants, Differential Calculus, Trigonometry, Integral Calculus And Differential Equations, Statistics & Probability and Vector Algebra
- English: Grammar and Usage, Vocabulary, Comprehension and Cohesion
- General Knowledge: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events
NDA Admit Card 2020
- The admit card for NDA 2020 exam will be made available in online mode on official UPSC website.
- It is expected that the admit card will be released around 3 weeks before the exam date.
- Candidates are required to download the admit card, take its printout and carry it to the exam center on day of exam.
- In the case, the candidate is not able to download their admit card, he should contact the commission 1 week before the exam.
- No candidate without a valid admit card will be allowed to take their examination.
- Name in the admit card in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
The exam is supposed to be held at the following centres:
- Port Blair
- Panaji (Goa)
NDA 2020 Result & Interview
- The result of the NDA written exam will be published on the UPSC website.
- Applicants who score more than the required qualifying marks will be shortlisted for the interview process.
- Qualified candidates are required to register themselves online on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting.
- A list of such candidates will be prepared and they have to appear in front of SSB for the interview (Intelligence and Personality Test).
- Candidates reporting for interview must carry their documents in original for verification.
- Pilot test will be conducted for the candidates selected for the Air Force. Failing in the test will make the candidates ineligible for selection.
NDA 2020 Selection Process
- Those who clear the written exam and the interview both will be considered for selection.
- Original documents of the candidates will be verified during the interview.
- Candidates will also have to clear medical fitness test to be eligible for selection.
- Final selection will be done on the merit-cum-preference basis, depending on the number of vacancies available.