NCHMCT JEE 2023: The National Testing Agency will conduct an entrance exam to shortlist the candidates for admission into the B.Sc in Hospitality & Hotel Administration degree programme. Selected candidates will be granted admission in any of the affiliated 21 central institutes, 25 state government institutes, 01 public sector undertaking and 24 private institutes as per their choice and eligibility. Application form for the exam is now available. Complete details related to the NCHMCT JEE 2023 entrance exam can be found below in this article.
Latest: NCHMCT JEE 2023 application form has been released now.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Schedule
The official dates related to NCHMCT JEE 2023 are given in the table below.
|Availability of online application form||3rd February 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||27th April 2023|
|Issue of admit card||May 2023|
|Entrance exam date||14th May 2023|
|Announcement of result||June 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for NCHMCT JEE 2023
The eligibility criteria for appearing in the NCHMCT JEE 2023 are given below.
|Age limit||The age of the candidates should not exceed 25 years to be eligible for admission.
For SC/ ST candidates, a relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit will be given, i.e. age should not exceed 28 years.
|Academic criteria||A pass in class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board with English as a core, elective or functional subject is required.
Candidates studying in class 12th exam in the year 2023 can apply too given that they will clear the exam before the admission begins.
|Physical fitness||Physical fitness is important for the candidates to be eligible for the catering degree programme.
A physical fitness certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner in the prescribed format should be submitted at the time of admission.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Application Form
- The application form for NCHMCT JEE 2023 is available through online mode. Candidates can obtain the application by visiting the official website of NTA https://nchmjee.nta.nic.in/.
- At first, the candidates will have to fill a registration form providing basic details, security question answer and a password.
- Application number will be generated after successful registration which along with the created password can be used to log in to the candidates’ account.
- Candidates can then obtain their application form by logging into their account and start filling it.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded into the application form.
- After providing the important details into the application form, the candidates should check for any mistake and if found, correct them immediately.
- The next step will be the payment of the prescribed amount of application fee.
- Candidates can also provide the choice for the city where they want to appear for the entrance exam after the payment of application fee.
- The process of application is complete after this. A printout of the confirmation page generated after that should then be taken and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
The application fee structure for NCHMCT JEE for different category candidates is given below:
|For General/ NCL-OBC category candidates||INR 900|
|For EWS category candidates||INR 700|
|For SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender category candidates||INR 450|
Mode of payment:
- Payment of the application fee can be done through online mode using the net banking facility/ credit card/ debit card/ UPI/ PAYTM.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of exam: Computer based exam
- Duration of exam: 180 minutes
- Medium of test: English and Hindi both
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marls: 800
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be given to the candidates
- Negative marking: For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted as penalty
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||120|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30||120|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30||120|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50||200|
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Admit Card
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download their admit card by logging in to their account.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card should be taken and carried to the exam center on day of exam.
- Only the candidates with a valid admit card and other important documents will be allowed to appear for the exam.
- To keep safe from loss or damage, the candidates are advised to keep multiple printouts of the admit card with them.
- The candidates are suggested to preserve their admit card till the complete admission process is over.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Answer Key
- NTA will publish the answer key and recorded response for the NCHMCT JEE on its official website a few days after the exam is over.
- The candidates, who are not satisfied with the answer keys and recorded responses, may challenge the same.
- To do this, they need to submit an online application form and pay a processing charge of Rs. 200/- per question.
- The NTA’s decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Result
- The NCHMCT JEE 2023 exam results will be announced by the authorities through online mode.
- Candidates can check their result using their application number and password by visiting the official website of NTA ntanchm.nic.in.
- Score card can also be downloaded by the candidates online. No score card will be dispatched to the candidates through post, courier, etc.
- A merit list of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of their score in the entrance exam.
- Those who clear the entrance exam will be eligible for the admission process of the participating institute.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Counseling & Admission
- Counseling process of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted as per the rules of the council.
- The candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for the institute at the time of counseling.
- On the basis of their choice and ranking of the candidates, seats will be allotted to the candidates.
- Candidates then need to report to the allotted institute to complete the admission formalities.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified after which final admissions will be granted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What are the qualifying exams that should be cleared by the candidates applying for NCHMCT JEE?
Answer: The list of the examinations that should be cleared by the candidates (any one) to be eligible for NCHMCT JEE is as follows:
- Plus two level examination in the 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education of any recognized Central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education and Council for Indian School Certificate Examination or State Boards of Secondary Education
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University
- Any Public School/ Board/ University Examination in India or in a foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 pattern of Senior Secondary education
- HSC Vocational Examination approved by NCVT and SCVT of concerned state
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects including English as one of the subjects
Question: What documents should be carried while reporting to the exam center?
Answer: Candidates must bring the following documents on the day of exam at the test centre:
- Print copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) to be pasted on the specific space in the attendance sheet at exam centre
- Any one of the authorized photo IDs in original, valid and non-expired- PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ Ration Card
- PWD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if claiming relaxation under PWD category
Question: If not satisfied, can I ask for a reevaluation of my NCHMCT JEE score?
Answer: There shall be no provision for re-evaluation or re-checking of the entrance exam score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Question: In case of any query, whom should I contact?
Answer: An online Query Redressal System (QRS) has been developed to enable submission of queries/grievances by the registered candidates with 24×7 availability. A unique registration number will be generated for tracking the status of the queries. The candidates are advised to use the online facility for speedy and favorable response before mailing their queries on the email id of NCHM [email protected].
Question: What are the career opportunities for hospitality graduates?
Answer: After completing your graduation, you can look forward to career opportunities as:
- Management Trainee in Hotel and allied hospitality industry
- Kitchen Management/Housekeeping Management positions in Hotels after initial stint as trainee
- Flight Kitchens and on-board flight services
- Indian Navy Hospitality services
- Guest/Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors
- Management Trainee/Executive in international and national fast food chains
- Hospital and Institutional Catering
- Faculty in Hotel Management/Food Craft Institutes
- Marketing/Sales Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors
- Railway Hospitality and Catering Services
- State Tourism Development Corporations
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship
- Multinational companies for their hospitality services