Candidates who wish to enroll in the 2-year B.Ed degree programme offered by the North Bengal University (NBU) can apply for the same through online mode. The online application form is expected to be released in the month of April 2023. Applicants will be selected for the admissions on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exam. Find complete details about the NBU B.Ed admission 2023 process such as eligibility criteria, application form, important dates, etc from this post below.
The B.Ed programme is offered by the following institutions affiliated to the North Bengal University:
- Trinity B.Ed College, Darjeeling
- Manoranjan Saha Memorial B.Ed College, Jalpaiguri
- Cooch Behar B.Ed Training College, Cooch Behar
- Alipurduar B.Ed Training College, Alipurduar
- Eastern Dooars B.Ed Training College, Alipurduar
- Siliguri B.Ed College, Darjeeling
- Vidyasagar College of Education, Darjeeling
- Pragati College of Education, Darjeeling
- Dhupguri College of Education, Jalpaiguri
- N.B.S. College of Education, Jalpaiguri
- Kabiguru Rabindranath College of Education, Cooch Behar
- Uttarayan College of Education, Cooch Behar
NBU B.Ed 2023 Admission Dates
The table below presents the tentative dates related to the NBU B.Ed Admission 2023:
|Online application form release date||4th week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of May 2023|
|Publication of provisional merit list||3rd week of May 2023|
|Beginning of document verification process||4th week of May 2023|
|Commencement of admission process||2nd week of June 2023|
NBU B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates applying for the NBU B.Ed Admission 2023:
|Age limit||The age of the candidates should not exceed 35 years at the time of admission.|
|Academic qualification||A bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree from a recognized university with not less than 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates) is required.
For candidates having an honors degree, the percentage of marks will be calculated on the basis of marks received by then in their honors subjects.
|Other criteria||Candidates in the final year of their bachelor’s or master’s degree course in the year 2023 who will attain the minimum eligibility before the admission are eligible too.|
NBU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
Interested candidates can fill and submit their application form for NBU B.Ed admission 2023 through online mode. The application form will be made available on the official website of the North Bengal University www.nbu.ac.in.
- A registration form needs to be filled by the candidates first after which they can obtain the application form.
- Candidates will have to provide the basic personal and academic details like name, gender, date of birth, qualifying exam marks obtained, passing year, university name, etc in the application form.
- Other information related such as correspondence address, parental details, etc should also be provided in the application form.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded in the form in the prescribed format.
- The applicants should carefully check the details entered into the application form as any incorrect information can lead to its cancellation.
- Duly filled application form should then be submitted online with the prescribed application fee.
- The applicants are advised to take a printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe with them for future correspondence.
- Candidates of general/ OBC category need to pay Rs. 600/- and those of SC/ ST category need to pay Rs. 300/- as application fee.
- Payment of the fees can be done online via credit card/ debit card or net banking facility.
- The application fee can also be paid via cash at any branch of SBI through the challan downloaded from the NBU-SBI portal.
Preparation of Merit List
- Candidates who submit their application form in time will be considered while preparing the merit list.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the qualifying exam.
- Length of active services will also be considered for deputed candidates while drawing the merit list.
- After its preparation, the list will be displayed on the official website of the university.
- Candidates with their names in the merit list will then have to get their documents verified at the prescribed centers and at prescribed schedule.
Verification of Documents
- Details about the document verification round will be communicated to the candidates via the official website of the university.
- Candidates reporting for the document verification should carry with them all their documents in original and photocopy.
- Original documents will be verified and the photocopies will be submitted at the verification center.
- Those candidates whose documents are verified will then be considered for final admission.
NBU B.Ed 2023 Admission Process
- Candidates should report for the admissions as per the scheduled communicated to them in meantime.
- To confirm their admission, the candidates need to make payment of the tuition and other fees.
- Documents of the candidates may also be asked for submission at the university.
- Enrolment of the candidates will be final after all the admission formalities are completed in time.
- Those candidates who fail to secure admission in the given time period will be considered disqualified.
NBU B.Ed Admission 2023 FAQs
Question 1. What all do I need to complete the online application process for NBU B.Ed?
Answer: An applicant would need the following to proceed with NBU B.Ed application process:
- A valid email id and mobile number
- Facilities of computer with internet connectivity, B/W printer and scanner
- Recent passport sized color photograph (for scanning and uploading in “jpeg” format with file size not be more than 100 KB)
- Signature in blue/ black pen on white sheet (for scanning and uploading in “jpeg” format with file size not be more than 100 KB)
- Access to online payment facility
Question 2. How can I claim for reservation on the basis of my category?
Answer: Reserved category candidates who wish to avail he reservation benefits must upload their category certificate into the application form.
Question 3. How does a deputed candidate make application form submission?
Answer: Teachers of recognized Secondary Schools having teaching experience of at least 2 years can apply as deputed candidates through the District Inspector of Schools (Secondary).
Question 4. Is there any entrance exam I need to appear for NBU B.Ed admission?
Answer: No. There will be no entrance exam for NBU B.Ed admission and the candidates will be selected on the basis of qualifying exam merit.
Question 5. Is it mandatory to carry the documents in original for verification?
Answer: Yes absolutely. Without the verification of original documents, no candidates will be selected for admission.