National Board of Higher Mathematics NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020 – 2021
The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Government of India, will provide NBHM Doctoral Scholarship 2020. The aim of this scholarship is to financially support the students who are pursuing a Ph.D. in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics. Only those candidates will get the scholarship who will clear the NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Test 2020. In order to apply, the candidates have to submit an online application form before the last date. After clearing the test, aspirants also need to clear an interview to get selected for the admission. We have provided complete details related to the scholarship in this post.
|Name of the Scholarship||National Board of Higher Mathematics NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020 – 2021|
|Who can apply?||Candidates already enrolled or looking to enroll in Ph.D.|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 31000/- per month for first two years and Rs. 35000/- for subsequent years.|
|Selection process||Written test and interview|
|Application fee||Rs. 500/-|
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application portal||Last week of November 2020|
|1st list of candidates for the test||3rd week of December 2020|
|Application fee hike by Rs. 150/-||Last week of December 2020|
|2nd list of candidates for the test||1st week of January 2021|
|Closure of application portal||1st week of January 2021|
|3rd and final list of candidates for the test||2nd week of January 2021|
|Date of scholarship test||4th week of January 2021|
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates looking to get benefits from the National Board of Higher Mathematics NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2020 – 21 should meet the eligibility criteria given below.
- Aspirants must be enrolled in a full-time Ph.D. program in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics in a recognized institute/ University.
- Those who are looking to enroll in such a program by August 2021 can also apply.
- Candidates who wish to enroll by August 2021 in the Ph.D./ integrated Ph.D. program of an institute that receives from NBHM the test scores for screening for admission to that program are also eligible.
How to Apply?
The application process of the NBHM Doctoral Scholarship 2020 will take place in online mode only. Details of the application process are given below.
- First of all, the candidates have to register on the official portal using a valid email address.
- Then, applicants have to sign-in and fill the rest of the details in the main application form.
- The details entered in the application form must be correct.
- To complete the application process, the candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 500/-.
- In case of submitting the application form late, the applicants have to pay an additional amount of Rs. 150/-
- The receipt of application form submission along with a pre-admission-ticket will be sent to the registered email address of the candidate.
National Board for Higher Mathematics Scholarship 2020 Admit Card
- The links to download NBHM Scholarship Test 2020 admit card will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates.
- Candidates have to download and take two printouts of the admit card.
- On each of the admit cards, candidates have to paste their recent colored passport size photograph.
- Applicants also need to write down their roll numbers on the admit card. To get the roll number, candidates have to wait till the authorities publish center-wise lists of applicants.
- Please note that the aspirants have to carry both copies of an admit card at the examination center.
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Test 2020 and Interview
- In the written test, questions from the areas of Mathematics will be asked.
- The standard of questions will be such that a student with a master’s in mathematics can answer easily.
- In the test, candidates have to provide short answers (including multiple-choice, possibly with negative marking as indicated).
- Those who will clear the written test will be allowed to appear for the interview.
- The interview will be held at only one exam center in a zone.
- The five zones in the country for NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Test 2020 are as follows.
- Zone 1: Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar.
- Zone 2: Indore, Jabalpur, Prayagraj, Raipur.
- Zone 3: Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
- Zone 4: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong, Tezpur.
- Zone 5: Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kozhikode.
Some important details about the scholarship
- The NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Test score can also be used for admission into the following institutions.
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc)
- National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune (IISER Pune)
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER Mohali)
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI)
- Scholarships are provided for four years. The term of a scholarship will start from August 2021.
- In the first two years, the amount of scholarship will be Rs. 31000/-. Then, in subsequent years, the scholarship amount will be Rs. 35000/-
- In addition to the monthly scholarship, house rent allowance (HRA) is also payable as per central government norms.
- The scholarship will be renewed every year based on satisfactory progress of the student as judged by NBHM.
- NBHM Doctoral Scholarship is one of the government scholarships in India. So, you can expect a fair bit of competition.
The contact details for various zones are as follows.
Zone 1: Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar.
- Contact Person: Professor Gurmeet Kaur Bakshi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Department of Mathematics, Panjab University, Hans Raj Gupta Hall, Chandigarh 160014
Zone 2: Indore, Jabalpur, Prayagraj, Raipur
- Contact Person: Professor Kalyan Chakraborty
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Chhatnag Road, Jhusi, Prayagraj, 211 019
Zone 3: Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
- Contact Person: Professor Vivek Mohan Mallick
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune, 411 008
Zone 4: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong, Tezpur
- Contact Person: Professor Shashi Mohan Srivastava
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences, Indian Association for Cultivation of Science, 2A & 2B Raja S C Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata, 700032.
Zone 5: Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Kozhikode.
- Contact Person: Professor K. N. Raghavan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai, 600 113