The Council of Architecture (COA) will be organizing NATA 2023 for the candidates who aspire to get enrolment in B.Arch courses. The qualified candidates will be eligible for admissions into architecture degree programmes offered by various institutes situated all over the country. The interested candidates may submit their application form in online mode from February 2023.
The applicants who wish to clear this exam need to practice a lot of drawing and sketching. Along with this, the practice of aptitude is also very important of NATA preparation. This article provides certain tips and tricks to help the candidates in preparing for their exam. Other details related to NATA 2023 such as application form, eligibility criteria, etc are also given in this post.
The official dates related to NATA 2023 are given in the table below. The exact date related to the exam have been updated according to the latest official notification:
|Notification release||January 2023|
|Availability of application form||Feb 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||April 2023|
|Fee payment till||April 2023|
|Confirmation page can be printed||April 2023|
|Correction window||April 2023|
|Issue of admit card||April 2023|
|Examination date||April 2023|
|Announcement of result||May 2023|
NATA 2023 Eligibility Criteria
We have mentioned the minimum eligibility requirements for taking the NATA exam:
Eligibility for taking NATA:
The following candidates are eligible for appearing in NATA:
- The candidates who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent exam are eligible.
- Those who have passed 10+3 Diploma in any stream recognized by Central/ State Government can apply too.
- The applicants who have passed the International Baccalaureate Diploma passed after 10 years of schooling are also eligible.
- The appearing candidates can apply too.
Eligibility for admission to B.Arch courses:
The candidates who have passed (or appearing in) their 10+2 exam or 10+3 Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma or equivalent with at least 50% marks in aggregate and have cleared NATA test are eligible for admission to B.Arch courses.
NATA Application Form 2023
The candidates who wish to appear for NATA 2023 can submit their application form in online mode. The candidates will first have to register themselves to generate login id and password. Using these credentials, the candidate will have to login into the NATA portal to fill the admission form. In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal, communication and educational details and upload the scanned copies of the required documents. After providing all the details, the form can be submitted finally.
After the final submission of form, the applicants will have to make payment of application fee. Fee details are as follows. Fee will be submitted through online mode (via debit card/ credit card or net banking). Upon successful payment of fee, a confirmation page will appear which should be downloaded and kept safe for future reference.
- General category- Rs.2000(for one attempt) & Rs.3800(for two attempt)
- SC/ST: Rs.1700(for one attempt) & Rs.3100(for two attempt)
- For centre in abroad- Rs.10000(for one attempt) & Rs.18000(for two attempt)
NATA 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NATA 2023 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of test: 3 hous 15 minutes
- Type of questions: Part A- MCQ and Part B- Drawing
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: There will be no negative marking.
|Subject||Marks Distribution||Total Marks|
|Drawing||2 x 35|
1 x 55
|PCM||15 x 1.5||22.5|
|General Aptitude& Logical Reasoning||35 x 1.5||52.5|
NATA 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of NATA covers topics from Mathematics, General Aptitude and Test for drawing. The details of the syllabus are given as:
- Mathematics: Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry3-Dimensional Co-ordinate Geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and Combination, Statistics and Probability
- General Aptitude: Interpretation of Pictorial Compositions, General Awareness of National/ International Architects and Famous Architectural Creations, Analytical Reasoning, Mental Ability, Mathematical Reasoning, Sets and Relations, etc
- Drawing Test: Understanding of Scale and Proportion of objects, Geometric Composition, Shape, Building Forms and Elements, Aesthetics, Color Texture, Harmony and Contrast, Drawing of Patterns- Both Geometrical and Abstract, etc
How to Prepare for NATA 2023?
The basic preparation strategies that can help the candidates in clearing their NATA are given below:
- All the topics involved with NATA exam require rigorous practice. Whether you prepare for Mathematics, Aptitude or Drawing, practicing is very important.
- Time management is also very important for your exam preparations. Give proper time to all the 3 sections of study: Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing.
- Solve the previous years’ question papers to get a detailed idea of the exam.
- Try to read and collect information about the famous national and international architects and architectural creations.
Some of the most recommended books for NATA 2023 preparation are:
- NCERT Books for Mathematics
- Verbal and Non Verbal reasoning By RS Aggarwal
- NATA & B.Arch Question Bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch by PK Mishra (Arihant Publication)
NATA 2023 Admit Card
The NATA admit card 2023 will be made available in online mode. The applicants will be able to download their admit card by login into their respective account. The details of the exam center will be mentioned in the admit card. The candidate should download the admit card and take it to the exam center along with a valid identity proof. An examination roll number of the candidate will also be generated along with the admit card.
NATA Result 2023
Around one week after the test, the response sheet of each candidate (for Part A) will be uploaded along with subject wise mark(s) secured. The result of NATA 2023 will be made available on the website learning.tcsionhub.in and the candidates will be able to see their result by login into this website. Along with the marks secured in each subject, the total marks obtained out of 200 and the qualifying status of the candidate (pass/ fail) will also be mentioned in the result.