National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2021 (NATA 2021) will be conducted by the council of architecture (CoA). This exam is the gateway for admission to 5 years Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) in different government and private colleges across India. NATA is the most prestigious architecture exam in India and it is expected that a lot of candidates will apply for NATA 2021. In order to clear this exam, the candidate must possess exemplary drawing skills. CoA conducts this exam twice in a year once the months of April and once in the month of July.
It is being notified that the NATA 2021 application form is available from 5th March 2021. The candidate can appear in the 1st exam (10th April 2021), 2nd exam ( 12th June 2021) or both the exams as per their choice. The score of NATA remains valid for one year only.
The admit card for NATA 2021 is now available from 7th July 2021 for 2nd session.
NATA 2021 application form correction facility is now active.
NATA 2021 application form is releasing from 5th March 2021.
According to the source- NATA first and second test will be held on 10th April 2021 and 12th June 2021 respectively.
Here are the primary highlights of NATA 2021 that the aspiring candidates should know.
- The application form for NATA 2021 exam will be available in online mode only. The application submitted by offline using speed post, registered post etc. will be summarily rejected.
- The NATA exam consists of two parts i.e. Part – A and Part – B. Part A carries multiple choice type questions where Part B is the drawing test.
- In part B (drawing test), the candidates have to attempt two drawing questions on an A4 size sheet.
- Clearing NATA does not guarantee the admission to B.Arch course. Many colleges have their additional eligibility criteria with NATA in order to grant the admission.
- While filling the application form, the candidates have to provide the three choices of exam cities as per their preference.
NATA 2021 Important Dates
The official schedule for 1st and 2nd exam is illustrated in the table below.
|Important Events||Dates (1st Exam)||Dates (2nd Exam)|
|Release of official notification||3rd March 2021||3rd March 2021|
|Starting of online application form submission||5th March 2021||5th March 2021|
|Last date to register online||28th March 2021||30th May 2021|
|Last date to upload Images||28th March 2021||30th May 2021|
|Final date for the application fee submission||28th March 2021||30th May 2021|
|Last date to download confirmation page||28th March 2021||30th May 2021|
|Availability of Correction window||26th to 28th March 2021||25th to 20th May 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||6th April 2021||7th July 2021|
|Date of Exam||10th April 2021||11th July 2021|
|Declaration of Result||14th April 2021||15th July 2021|
NATA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should check the eligibility criteria given below before applying for the NATA 2021 exam
- The aspirant must have passed 10+2 exam with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Additionally, the candidates should also have aggregate 50% marks at the 10+2 level.
- The candidates having passed the 10+3 diploma exam with Mathematics as a subject and at least 50% marks in aggregate can also apply.
- Students going to appear for the qualifying exam in the year 2021 can also apply.
- The candidates please note that there is no lateral entry admission to B.Arch course is possible.
Note: Please note that NATA 2021 is going to be a qualifying exam for B.Arch admission. So, the reservation policy doesn’t apply to this exam. Regardless of the category, every candidate needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria given above in order to appear for this exam.
NATA 2021 Application Form
- The NATA Application form 2021 will be released only via online mode through the official website i.e. www.nata.in.
- The application form for both 1st and 2nd exam will be released simultaneously; the candidates can apply for 1st, 2nd or both the exam.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide all the necessary educational, personal and contact details.
- Along with the details, the applicants must upload the images of their photograph (coloured passport size) and signature.
- The images should be uploaded only in jpg/ Jpeg format only.
- Then, the candidates have to pay the application fee in online mode.
- After the application fee payment, the candidates should take the print out of confirmation page. There is no need to send the print out of this confirmation page to the authorities.
- The application fee for all the candidate irrespective of gender is Rs. 1800/- (for 1st or 2nd test). For SC/ ST candidates the application fee is Rs. 1500.
- In case the candidate is looking to apply for 1st and 2nd test both then he/ she need to pay Rs. 3500/-. The SC/ ST candidates need to pay Rs. 2800/- for both the tests.
- The applicants can pay the application fee only in online mode using a credit card/ debit card or internet banking.
Note: Don’t forget to take the printout of confirmation page after the payment of application fee.
NATA 2021 Exam Pattern
The NATA 2021 exam will consist of two parts i.e. Part A and Part B.
- Mode of Exam: Online for Part A. The candidate needs to draw on an A4 size sheet in Part B.
- Type of Question: Objective Type MCQ for part A and drawing skill test for Part B.
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours (Part A – 1 hour and Part B – 2 hours)
- Total Marks: 200 Marks
- Marking scheme: Each question of part A will carry two marks. Each question of Part B will carry 40 marks.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking
Subject-wise distribution of Questions and Marks
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Part – A||Mathematics||20||40|
|Part – B||Drawing||2||80|
Mathematics: Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability etc.
General Aptitude: Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment, Visualizing different sides of 3D objects, analytical reasoning, general awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations etc.
Drawing Test: Understanding of scale and proportion of objects, Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast, Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes, Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape and landscape, Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc. from memory.
NATA Admit Card 2021
- The admit card of NATA 2021 exam will be uploaded on the official website.
- After downloading the admit card, the candidates should confirm that the photograph and signature are printed on the admit card.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to carry admit card along with photo id proof at the exam center.
- The information about the exam center will be mentioned on the admit card. No request for the change in exam center will be entertained.
- Before the declaration of NATA result 2021, the authorities will release the response sheet of all the candidates.
- Please note the response sheets will be uploaded only for Part A. The sheets of Part B will not be uploaded.
- After the publication of the response sheets, the result of NATA 2021 exam will be made available on the official website.
- The qualify marks will be based on the rule given below:
- At least 25% marks must have scored in MCQ part (Part A) – 30 out of 120
- A minimum 25% marks in Drawing port (Part B) – 20 out of 80
Must have secured overall qualifying marks based on the post-exam statistics and the decision of CoA.