The Mizoram University will conduct the Mizoram University Engineering Entrance Exam 2023 or MZUEEE 2023. As the name itself suggests this exam is conducted to select the candidates for admission B.Tech courses offered by the university. The application form will release in online mode only. The candidates should verify the eligibility criteria carefully before starting the application process. Please note that MZUEEE is an offline exam in which the candidates have to answer questions based on the 11th and 12th class syllabus. The admission will be provided based on candidate’s performance in the exam. All the important details regarding MZUEEE 2023 are provided in this article.
- Out of the total number of available seats, 50% seats are allotted as per the CSAB JEE score. For the rest of the seats (50%), the admissions will be given based on MZUEEE 2023 scores.
- Aspirants seeking admission have to fill the application form online then send its hardcopy to the university.
- The university also provides lateral entry admissions to diploma holders.
- There is a negative marking of 0.5 marks. So, candidates must answer only if they are sure.
- All the candidates need to have a valid phone and email ID in order to apply.
MZUEEE 2023 Schedule
The tentative dates related to the MZUEEE 2023 are given in the table below.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the application process||1st week of April 2023|
|Last date to submit an application form online||4th week of May 2023|
|Last date for the submission of the hard copy of an application form||Last week of May 2023|
|Date of Examination||Last week of May 2023|
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2023|
|Beginning of counselling for B.Tech||1st week of June 2023|
MZUEEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for admission through the MZUEEE 2023 exam are listed below.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject and 50% marks in PCM (45% for SC/ ST candidates).
- For B.Tech lateral entry admission into 2nd year, the candidate must have a three-year diploma in Engineering in a relevant branch with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST candidates).
MZUEEE 2023 Application Form
The university will accept the application form for MZUEEE 2023 in online mode only. Interested candidates have to visit the official website i.e. https://mzu.edu.in/ in order to apply.
- To initiate the application process, the candidates have to fill a pre-registration form on the official website.
- Only basic details are required to be entered in the pre-registration form like Full name, Email ID, Phone number, program, etc.
- Verify your phone number and email address after filling the pre-admission form.
- Candidates may access the main application form post-registration.
- Provide accurate educational, contact and personal details in the main application form.
- Along with the details, the applicants must upload the soft copies of their photograph, signature and other necessary documents.
- The size of the scanned images of the photograph and signature should not exceed 25 KB.
- It is recommended that candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
- Candidates also need to send a copy of the submitted application form to the university. The printout of the application form should reach the following address.
Academic Administration Office
Tanhril, Aizawl-796004, Mizoram
The MZUEEE application fees 2023 for various categories are as follows.
- General/ OBC candidates: Rs. 700/-
- SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 350/-
Mode of payment: An applicant can pay the fee online using a debit card, credit card or net banking.
MZUEEE 2023 Admit Card
- The university will upload admit cards for all the candidates online through the official website.
- It is expected that the admit cards will be made available 1 week prior to the examination date.
- The information about the examination including timing, date, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Every candidate needs to take a printout of the admit card and carry it along with a photo ID proof at the time of examination.
- Please keep a print out of the admit card safe till the admission process gets over.
MZUEEE 2023 Exam Pattern
The highlights of the MZUEEE 2023 exam pattern are illustrated below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline (OMR sheet based exam)
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ
- Number of Questions: 200 questions
- Language of Questions: English only
- Duration of Exam: 3 hours
- Marks for correct answers: 1 mark for each question
- Negative Marking: ½ marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
MZUEEE 2023 Syllabus
The subject wise syllabus of MZUEEE 2023 is as follows.
- Mathematics: Matrices and Determinants, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability, Mathematical Induction, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Three-dimensional Geometry, Probability, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics, Quadratic Equation, etc.
- Chemistry: Some basic concepts of Chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Redox Reactions, Equilibrium, Thermodynamics, Basic Principals and Techniques of Organic Chemistry, s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Electro-chemistry, etc.
- Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Laws of Motion, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body, Properties of Bulk Matter, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Optics, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, etc.
MZUEEE 2023 Result
- Candidates will get the facility to check results online through the university’s website.
- To check the result, aspirants have to provide their roll number and date of birth
- The university will publish a merit list of the candidates selected for admission.
- Please note that only those candidates will be considered qualified who will score more than cutoff marks.
MZUEEE 2023 Counselling
- Applicants getting their names in the merit list will be called to participate in the counselling process.
- The counselling is expected to begin in the month of June 2023.
- In the counselling process, the seats will be allotted to the candidates based on their MZUEEE 2023 performance.
- The university will also verify documents at the time of Counselling.
- Aspirants are required to pay the necessary counselling fee in order to take part in the counselling process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I collect the printed application form from the university campus?
Answer: No, the application form will be available in online mode only.
Question – 2: What are the branches of engineering offered by the university?
Answer: The University offers B.Tech in the following branches.
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
Question – 3: Can I pay the application fee by Cash?
Answer: No, cash payments are not accepted by the University.