The Mumbai University invites candidates for admission into its various undergraduate, postgraduate and postgraduate diploma courses. Interested and eligible candidates can submit their application for admission through online mode. Applications will be released on different schedule for different courses. Admission to some courses is offered on the basis of entrance test while for some other, through qualifying exam. Detailed information regarding the Mumbai University Admission 2022 such as application process, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, etc has been provided in this post.
Courses Offered at the Mumbai University
The following courses are offered at the Mumbai University:
|Bachelor of Science in Information Technology||Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Studies/ Russian/ French Studies/ German Studies|
|LLB||Bachelor of Music in Hindustani Classical|
|Bachelor of Management Studies||Bachelor of Physical Education|
|Master of Arts in Sociology/ Persian/ Urdu/ Sindhi/ Hindi/ Linguistics/ Geography/ English/ Philosophy/ Sanskrit/ Politics/ History/ History & Archaeology/ Marathi/ Gujarati/ Communication and Journalism/ Electronic Media/ Film Studies/ Public Relations/ Television Studies/ Mathematics/ German Studies/ Economics/ Russian/ Pali/ Theatre Arts/ Kannada/ Psychology/ Arabic/ French/ Center for Central Eurasian Studies||Master of Arts (Hons) in Sociology/ Persian/ English/ Politics/ Public Policy/ Communication and Journalism/ Electronic Media/ Film Studies/ Public Relations/ Television Studies/ German Studies/ Theatre Arts|
|Master of Science in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Statistics/ Physics/ Geography/ Biophysics/ Commerce/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Biotechnology||Master of Music in Hindustani Classical Vocal|
|Master in Education||LLM|
|M.L.I.Sc, M.L.I.Sc (Integrated)||Integrated MA in German|
|Integrated MA in Russian||Integrated MA in Pali|
|Master of Physical Education||Integrated M.Sc|
|Master’s Degree Programme in Data Science||Micro-degree in Data Science|
Postgraduate diploma courses:
|Post Graduate Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution||Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law and Information Technology|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights||Post Graduation Diploma in Applied Statistics with Software|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Actuarial Science||Post Graduate Diploma in Securities Laws|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Performing Folk Arts||Post Graduate Diploma in International Studies|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Security Studies||Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Pali|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights|
Mumbai University Admission Important Dates 2022
The table below presents the tentative dates related to Mumbai University Admission 2022:
For entrance exam:
|For Law course (MUCLET)||For Research courses (PET)|
|Availability of online application form||3rd week of March 2022||Last week of February 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of April 2022||3rd week of March 2022|
|Uploading of admit card||4th week of April 2022||4th week of April 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||Last week of April 2022||1st week of May 2022|
|Result declaration||To be notified later||To be notified later|
For merit-based admission:
|For UG courses||For PG courses|
|Availability of online application form||Last week of May 2022||1st week of July 2022|
|Availability of online pre-admission enrolment form||1st week of June 2022||——-|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of June 2022||1st week of August 2022|
|Last date to submit the pre-admission form||3rd week of June 2022||——–|
|Display of merit list||4th week of June 2022||To be notified later|
Eligibility Criteria for Mumbai University Admission 2022
The eligibility criteria for certain courses under Mumbai University are provided below:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA: The candidates who have passed the class 12th exam from a recognized board with English as a subject are eligible to apply.
- B.Sc in Computer Science: Applicants need to pass their class 12th exam from a recognized board with Science stream and Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subject.
- B.Com: A pass in the class 12th exam from a recognized board with Commerce stream as a subject is required.
- LLB: Those who have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for reserved category) are eligible.
- BFA: Applicants should have passed their class 12th exam from a recognized board with 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved category). A pass in Intermediate Drawing Grade Examination of Directorate of Art, Maharashtra State, for the Maharashtra state candidate is required.
For postgraduate courses:
- MCA: Those with any bachelor’s degree (preferably BCA) with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% for reserved category) are eligible.
- M.Tech: The candidates should hold a B.Tech degree in relevant specialization in order to be eligible.
- LLM: Applicants with a LLB degree are eligible to apply for the LLM course.
- M.Sc: Candidates who hold a B.Sc degree in relevant field are eligible for M.Sc course.
- MA: The applicants with a BA degree in relevant field can apply for the admissions.
Mumbai University 2022 Application Form
The application form for Mumbai University admission 2022 will be released only through online mode. Application form can be obtained by visiting the official website of the university mum.digitaluniversity.ac.
- Candidates will be required to register themselves first providing their basic details like name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Once registration is done successfully, user name and password will be generated.
- Using these credentials, the candidates can obtain the application form and start filling it.
- Personal, academic and other information related to the candidates will be asked in the application form.
- Scanned copies of photograph and signature of the candidates should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Duly filled application form can then be submitted online along with the prescribed application fee.
- A copy of the application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
- For general category candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 1000/-.
- For reserved category candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 500/-.
- Payment of the application fee can be done online using the facility of net banking/ debit card/ credit card.
Mumbai University Exam Pattern 2022
Check out the basic overview of Mumbai University entrance exam pattern 2022 below:
For MUCLET 2022:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Question paper language: English and Marathi
- Number of questions: 150
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 150
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Topics||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||40|
For PET 2022:
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Important topics: Topics from the relevant PG degree level will be asked.
Admit Card for Mumbai University Entrance Exam 2022
- Admit card for Mumbai University entrance exam 2022 will be made available on the official website of the university.
- Candidates should download their admit card and a printout of the same should be carried while reporting to the exam center.
- Entry into the examination hall will only be granted to the candidates holding a valid admit card.
- Details of the exam such as center and schedule and basic info of the candidates like name, roll no, gender, etc will be printed on the admit card itself.
- To protect from loss or damage, the candidates are suggested to keep multiple copies of the admit card.
Mumbai University Admission 2022 Result
- The result of the entrance exam will be declared online and candidates can check it from the official website of the university.
- A merit list of the candidates will be drawn on the basis of the marks scored by them in the entrance exam.
- For the courses for which there is no entrance exam, merit list will be prepared as per their qualifying exam score.
- Further process of counseling will begin according to the merit of the candidates as per the schedule decided by the authorities.
Mumbai University Counseling 2022
- Candidates who clear the entrance exam will be allowed to take part in the counseling round.
- At the time of counseling, document verification will be done and therefore the candidates should report for the counseling with all their documents in original and photocopy.
- After verification of documents, the candidates will be asked for their choice for course specialization.
- Seats will then be allotted to the candidates as per their merit and their choice based on seats availability.
- Those who are allotted a seat should then complete all the formalities of admission and secure their seat.
Mumbai University Admission 2022 FAQs
Can I make corrections in the application form after its submission?
No. Any kind of changes in the application form after its submission will not be possible. It is therefore important to check the application form for any error before submitting it.
Do I get to provide the choice for exam center for appearing in the Mumbai University entrance exam?
Yes. The candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for exam center at the time of filling the application form.
Will admit card be made available through offline mode?
No. The admit card can online be downloaded from the official website of the university and will not be sent by post, courier, etc.
How will I get the details of the counseling and admission process?
The details regarding the counseling and admission process will be communicated to the candidates through the website of the university.
What if an ineligible candidate secures admission into the Mumbai University?
Candidature of such candidates will be cancelled if their ineligibility is discovered at any later stage. No refund of any amount submitted will be granted.