Admission in MBBS program offered by Manipal University will strictly be given on the basis of NEET score obtained by the candidates. Hence, it’s mandatory for the candidates to appear and qualify the NEET exam in order to apply for MU admission 2023. The directorate general of health services (DGHS) will conduct the counselling for the students through which they will be allotted a seat in the Manipal University based on the scores obtained by them and the availability of seats in the college. For shortlisting the candidates for MBBS admission in MU, the authority will prepare a merit list of the candidates and allot a seat to them accordingly. To know about the MU admissions 2023, candidates are suggested to go through the complete post.
Manipal University MBBS admission process
Here is the admission process for MBBS admission in Manipal University-
- Phase-I: Appear for NEET exam conducted by NTA
- Phase-II: Register for the counselling process conducted by the DGHS.
- Phase-III: After seat allotment, report to the allotted college to finish the admission related formalities.
The tentative dates for MU admissions 2023 are as follows-
|Beginning of online registration and choice filling||2nd week of June 2023|
|Last date to lock the choices||3rd week of June 2023|
|Seat allotment||3rd week of June 2023|
|Result of seat allotment||4th week of June 2023|
|Round-II of online registration and choice filling||1st week of July 2023|
|Choice locking||2nd week of July 2023|
|Seat allotment||2nd week of July 2023|
|Result of seat allotment||2nd week of July 2023|
|Online registration for Mop-up round||3rd week of August 2023|
|Result of seat allotment after Mop-up round||3rd week of August 2023|
|Reporting to the institute||1st week of August 2023|
|Commencement of course||1st week of August 2023|
Counselling process for MU MBBS admission
- In order to get enrolled in MBBS program offered by the Manipal University, candidates need to register for the counselling process conducted by the DGHS.
- The registration for counselling can be done online by filling the registration form available on the official website of MCC.
- The details in the registration form should be filled with extreme care as incorrect details can lead to rejection of the registration form.
- Candidates are also required to pay an amount of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for the reserved category candidates) as the registration fee. The payment of fee can be made using the credit card, debit card and net banking.
- On successful registration, candidates will be invited for choice locking where they need to mention the preference of college/university and course i.e. MBBS/BDS.
- The authority will allot a seat to the candidates after the choices are locked by the candidates.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates based on their performance in the NEET examination, choice stated during the counselling and the number of seats available.
- A list of the candidates selected for MBBS admission in Manipal University will be published on the official website of the University.
- Shortlisted candidates then need to report to the University to complete the admission pertaining formalities.
MU MBBS admission
- The date and time of reporting to the University campus shall be communicated through the official website of the MCC.
- Students need to bring their original documents (along with photocopies) at the time of reporting to the college/university.
- The University officials will cross-check and verify the documents and the eligibility of the candidates.
- After successfully verifying the documents, candidates will be granted admission in the University.
- Students will be required to pay the admission fee, hostel fee (if applicable) and other additional fees.
Documents required for MU MBBS admissions 2023
Given below are the documents that the candidates should carry at the time of reporting to the University-
- NEET admit card and scorecard
- Provisional allotment letter
- Aadhar card
- DOB proof
- Class 10th and class 12th marksheet and passing certificate
- Migration certificate
- Domicile proof (if applicable)
- Caste certificate (wherever applicable)
- Nationality certificate (for international students)
- NRI documents to support the NRI status of the candidate (wherever applicable)
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Gap certificate (affidavit, if any)
- Character certificate issued by the school/college.
- Medical fitness certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner.
- Disability certificate (if applicable)