MICA Admissions Test 2023 or MICAT 2023 is an entrance exam that will be conducted by the Mudra Institute of Communication (MICA), Ahmedabad. The institute will conduct this exam twice a year. Candidates who are looking to appear for MICAT 2023 must have a valid score in one of the entrance exams like CAT, XAT, and GMAT. The application form for this exam will be available in online mode only. Those who are eligible need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The application process for MICAT I has begun.
- Before taking the MICAT 2023 exam, the candidates need to take at least one of these three exams i.e. CAT, XAT or GMAT.
- Preference in the selection will be given to those aspirants who will show the ability to express, assess, and conceive ideas that move people to act and achieve a business result.
- A candidate can apply for both MICAT – I and MICAT – II. However, he/she to submit a separate application form and pay a separate application fee for doing the same.
- It is a national level exam that will be conducted in multiple cities across India.
- The application process will take place online. Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before filling the form.
MICAT 2023 Important Dates
The important dates for both MICAT – I and MICAT – II exams are given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of the MICAT – I application process||November 2022|
|Last date to submit MICAT – I application form||November 2022|
|Releasing of an Admit card for MICAT – I||December 2022|
|Date of MICAT – I||December 2022|
|Declaration of MICAT – I scores||December 2022|
|Beginning of registration for MICAT – II||December 2022|
|Last date to apply for the MICAT – II exam||January 2023|
|Issuance of the call for MICAT – II||January 2023|
|Date of MICAT – II exam||January 2023|
|Result declaration of MICAT – II||February 2023|
|List of candidates shortlisted for GE & PI||February 2023|
|GE & PI rounds at MICA, Ahmedabad||March 2023|
|GE & PI rounds at Bangalore & Mumbai||March 2023|
|GE & PI rounds at Delhi and Kolkata||March 2023|
|Result of Final admission||March 2023|
MICAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfill in order to appear for the MICAT 2023 examination are as follows.
- The candidates must have taken anyone of XAT 2023, CAT or GMAT exam.
- Aspirants must possess a Bachelor’s degree (in 10+2+3 pattern) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Those who are going to appear for the final year exam of graduation in 2023 can also apply.
MICAT 2023 Application Form
Those candidates who wish to apply for the MICAT 2023 exam have to submit an online application form. The application form will be made available on the official website i.e. www.mica.ac.in.
- To begin the application process, the candidates first need to register by their names, mobile number, and email address.
- Once registered, a candidate can access the main application form and fill the rest of the details.
- The educational, personal, and contact details should be entered correctly in the application form. Otherwise, the form may get rejected.
- Along with the details, the candidates also need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photographs and signature in the application form.
- After submitting the form, the applicants must pay the application fee.
- Take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future requirements.
- The application/ registration fee for MICAT 2023 is Rs. 1965/-
- Candidates can pay the fees online using a credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- Apart from this, applicants can also pay the fees through a demand draft. The demand draft should be drawn in favour of MICA payable at Ahmedabad.
MICAT 2023 Admit Card
- After the application form submission process gets over, the institute will upload admit cards for all the candidates online.
- Candidates need to visit the official website and provide their registration details to download the admit card.
- An admit card consists of information like date, timing, and venue of the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without an admit card.
- Along with an admit card, candidates also need to bring a photo ID proof at the time of examination.
MICAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern of MICA Admission Test 2023 (MICAT 2023) is given below.
- Examination Mode: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Both objective type MCQ and Descriptive questions.
- Number of Question: 144 questions
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours and 45 minutes
- Negative Marking: 1/4th of the marks allotted to a question will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer. Remember, there is no provision for negative marking in Psychometric and descriptive tests.
- Number of Sections: 6 divided among 3 parts.
|Parts||Sections||Number of Questions||Time Duration|
|1st part||Psychometric||35||25 minutes|
|2nd part||Verbal Ability (VA)||25||105 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability (QA)||25|
|General Awareness (GA)||25|
|Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR)||39|
|3rd part||Descriptive Test (DT)||4||35 minutes|
MICAT 2023 Syllabus
The section-wise important topics for MICAT 2023 are as follows:
- Verbal Ability – Tenses, Articles, Pronouns, Vocabulary, Comprehension passage.
- Quantitative Ability – Arithmetic, Algebra, Numbers, Set Theory, Geometry, Trigonometry, etc
- General Awareness – Geography, Current Affairs, Politics, Business Brands and Media, Companies and their owner, Literature, Science and Research, History, etc.
- Divergent-Convergent Reasoning (DCR) – Visual Reasoning, Data Sufficiency, Sequence and Series, Word Association, Statement- Assumption.
MICAT 2023 Selection Process
The complete selection process of MICAT 2023 comprises of the three following steps.
1st Step – Appear in CAT/ XAT/ GMAT
- First of all, the candidates need to be eligible for the MICAT 2023 entrance exam by appearing in any of the CAT/ XAT/ GMAT exam.
2nd Step – MICA Admission Test
- After appearing in any one of the exams mentioned above, the aspirants need to take the MICAT exam.
- Those who will score more than qualifying marks in the MICAT exam will be shortlisted for GE & PI rounds of selection.
3rd Step – GE and PI
- Please note that to get shortlisted for GE and PI rounds of the selection process, the candidates need to perform well in CAT/ XAT/ GMAT and MICAT exam.
- A final merit list of admission will be prepared after the Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.
- Please note that GE and PI rounds of selection will take place in the following cities only Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Bangalore.
MICAT 2023 Result
- The result of MICAT 2023 exam will be published on the official website of the institute.
- Approximately, 1/10th of the total number of candidates who will appear for the MICAT exam will be shortlisted for the next rounds of selection.
- The information about the candidates shortlisted for GE & PI will also be uploaded on the official website.
- The candidates will be selected based on the final merit list to be prepared on the basis of performances in MICAT, GE and PI rounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I appear for both MICAT – I and MICAT – II? If yes, then the score of which exam will be considered for admission?
Answer: Yes, you may both MICAT – I and MICAT – II if you are eligible. The better of two scores will be counted for admission.
Question – 2: Can a candidate use his/her own computer and give the MICAT 2023 exam?
Answer: No, a candidate has to go to the Test Venue allotted and appear for the test there.
Question – 3: What is the current number of seats available in PGDM-C program?
Answer: As per previous year data, the number of seats available is 180 students.