The state of Maharashtra with its capital Mumbai is one of the education hubs in India. If you are looking to pursue a career in engineering then you have multiple options available in Maharashtra. Primarily, a student can get Maharashtra B.Tech Admission 2023 on the basis of two exams one is JEE Main which is a national level exam and MH CET which is state level exam of Maharashtra. In addition to this many private universities also conduct their own engineering entrance exams as well. The final admission to any college/ university is provided after the proper verification of documents. Go through this article to know all the details regarding Maharashtra B.Tech Admission 2023.
Maharashtra B.Tech Admission 2023
- The admissions are provided on the basis of both state level entrance exam i.e. MH CET and national level entrance exam JEE Main.
- After the declaration of entrance exams results, the candidates have to register for counselling process.
- For admission to IIT Bombay, the candidates have to clear the JEE Advanced exam after qualifying in JEE Main.
- The admission is subjected to a proper verification of documents and payment of admission fee.
- Candidates having a diploma in engineering can apply for a lateral entry admission to 2nd year of B.Tech
Top Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra
Given below is the list some of the best B.Tech colleges in Maharashtra. Please note that we have included both government and private colleges in this list.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
- College of Engineering, Pune (COEP)
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Visvesvaraya National Institute Of Technology, Nagpur
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- International Institute of Information Technology, Pune
- Army Institute of Technology, Pune
- MCT’s Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli
- Sinhgad College of Engineering, Pune
- Shri Sant Gajanan Maharaj College of Engineering, Shegaon
- Government College Of Engineering, Karad
The candidates looking to pursue B.Tech course from the colleges/ universities in Maharashtra can apply for the following entrance exams.
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test: It is a state level entrance exam conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State. A lot of government and private engineering colleges accept MH CET score for granting the admissions. Generally, the application form of this exam gets released in the month of January.
JEE Main: It is the most popular national-level engineering entrance exam in India. National Testing Agency (NTA) holds the responsibility of conducting this exam. Please note that this exam is conducted twice in a year in the months January and April respectively. Like MH CET score, JEE Main scores are also accepted by a lot of engineering institutes in Maharashtra for admission.
JEE Advanced: If you are looking for admission in IIT, Bombay then you have to clear the JEE Advanced. The candidates clearing the JEE Main exam are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced. This exam is organized by different IITs on rotational basis.
In addition to these exams, many private universities also conduct their own engineering entrance exam as wells. For example- Symbiosis University conducts entrance exam of its own with the name of SIT Engineering Entrance Exam (SITEEE).
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admission in Maharashtra 2023
- Basically, the eligibility criteria for Maharashtra B.Tech Admission are passing the 10+2 or equivalent exams from a recognized board.
- Additionally, the candidates must have passed the physics, chemistry and Mathematics subjects at 10+2 level. For engineering in branches like Biotechnology, Biology subject is also accepted instead of Mathematics.
- Candidates having a diploma in engineering are also eligible for 2nd year lateral entry.
Note: Some universities may also have their additional requirements apart from the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
How to apply for Maharashtra B.Tech Admission 2023?
- The aspiring candidates have to fill and submit the application form of the relevant entrance exams before the last date.
- Application forms for most of the engineering entrance exams including JEE Main and MH CET get released in online mode only.
- Candidates have to provide their necessary educational and personal details in the application form.
- To submit the application form, the candidates also need to pay the prescribed application fee.
Maharashtra B.Tech Selection Process 2023
The complete selection and admission process of Maharashtra B.Tech is as follows:
- Candidates are selected for engineering admission solely on the basis of their performance in the respective entrance exam.
- Those candidates who will score more than the cutoff marks will be declared successful. Category-wise reservation will also be applicable while preparing the cutoffs.
- Successful aspirants then have to register online for admission through counselling.
- At the same time, the candidates have to provide the choice of colleges/ institutes in which they want to study.
- Then, the authorities will verify the documents of the registered candidates.
- The final admission will get confirmed only after the payment of admission fee.
All the candidates require the following documents at the time of admission.
- JEE Main/ MH CET scorecard
- JEE Main/ MH CET admit card
- 10th class certificate or any other date of birth proof.
- 12th class mark sheet or certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Seat Allotment letter
- Passport size photograph
- Gap year affidavit (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate