Madras University is one of the best universities in the state of Tamil Nadu. The university offers a large number of postgraduate, research as well as Diploma & Certificate courses in the field of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management. Interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The selection of a candidate will be based on the entrance exam merit of qualifying examination merit. In this article, all the necessary details related to the Madras University Admission 2022 are provided.
The university offers a large number of courses. Some of the courses are as follows.
- Master of Arts
- Ancient History and Archaeology
- Historical Studies
- Lifelong Learning
- Human Resource Management (Regular & Self Supportive)
- Women’s Studies
- Defense and Strategic Studies
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- International Relations
- South and Southeast Studies
- Public Administration (TM)
- Public Policy
- Development Administration
- Financial Economics
- Indian Philosophy
- Theory and Practice (Self-Supportive)
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Comparative Religion and Philosophy with Specialization in Saiva Siddhanta Studies
- Saiva Siddhanta, Saiva Agamas & Pannirutirumurai Classics
- Islamic Studies
- Master of Science
- Criminology and Criminal Justice Science
- Cyber Forensics & Information Security (Regular & Self Supportive)
- HRD Psychology
- Counselling Psychology
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Applied Geography
- Geology (Self Supportive)
- Applied Geology
- Analytical Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Energy and Materials Science
- Materials Science
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Biomedical Genetics
- Medical Microbiology
- Master of Technology (M.Tech)
- MSW (Social Work)
- M.L. Constitutional Law and Legal Order
- International Business & Finance
- Business data science
- Executive – MBA
- Postgraduate diploma courses
- Parent Counselling (for School Principals and Teachers)
- Ambedkar Thoughts
- Technical Writing
- Ethics and Biotechnology
- Christian Spirituality and Counselling
- Biblical Languages and Interpretation
- Ethics and Human Resource Management
- Saiva Siddhanta
- Manuscriptology and Editing
- Inscription and Culture
- Folkloristics and Mass Media
- Organizational Development and Management of Change
- Counselling and Psychotherapy (Self Supportive)
- Developmental Disabilities (Self-Supportive)
- Taxonomy of Algae
- Taxonomy of Fungi
- Molecular Cell Biology & Stem Cell Technology
- Functional Hindi and Translation
- Digital Library Management
- Peace and communal Harmony
The tentative schedule for Madras University Admission 2022 is given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||4th week of April 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of June 2022|
|Date of entrance exam||4th week of June 2022|
|Result and Merit list||July 2022|
Madras University Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria depend upon the course for which you are looking to apply.
M.A. Ancient History and Archaeology
- Candidates must have passed any Bachelor’s Degree Examination of this University or an examination of other Universities accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto.
M.A History/ Anthropology
- A Bachelor’s degree in any subject of the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto.
M.Sc. Criminology and Criminal Justice Science
- Any Bachelor (Under-graduate) Degree holder of the University of Madras or any other University or a qualification accepted by the Syndicate of this University as equivalent thereto
M.Sc. Cyber Forensics & Information Security
- A degree in Computer Science/ Computer Applications / Information Technology/ Any other equivalent degree in Information Technology and Computer Science (or)
- B.Sc. in Mathematics/ Physics/Statistics/ Electronic Science (or) B.E./ B. Tech.
M.A. Human Resource Management (Regular & Self Supportive)/ Lifelong Learning
- The candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject of the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto.
MSW (Social Work)
- All the Bachelor (Undergraduate) degree holders of Madras University (or from any university degree) holders declared eligible by Madras University and with right aptitude for Social work profession will be eligible for applying for the course. Admission will be based on the merit subject to the government and institutional regulations.
M.A. Defence and Strategic Studies
- B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com. in any branch except Indian Music, Western Music, Book Industry, Drawing and Painting, Languages(other than English), Oriental Cultures, Tourism, Corporate Secretaryship and Home Science.
- The candidates should have a B.A. Economics or Business Economics or any Specialization in Economics, B.Com./B.C.A., B.Sc. in Mathematics, Statistics or Under-Graduate degree in Management or Corporate Secretaryship or Business Administration
M.Com. Business Data Science (Self Supportive)
- Candidates must have passed B.Com degree of this University or its equivalent course recognized by the University of Madras and statistics as one of the subjects.
M.Lib.I.Sc. Library and Information Science
- Aspiring candidates need to have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject of the University of Madras or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto
Madras Univesity Admission Application Form 2022
The application form of Madras University Admission 2022 will release in both online and offline mode. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The complete application process is explained below.
- The candidates will be able to access the application form through the official website.
- In order to begin the application process, candidates have to register on the official website.
- During the registration process, aspirants need to enter the basic details including name, phone number, and email address.
- To access the application form, candidates are required to login using the credentials generated at the time of registration.
- In the main application form, aspirants have to enter their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Apart from the details, it is also necessary to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph, and signature.
- It is also necessary to pay the application fee along with the application form.
- All the candidates make keep a copy of the application form submitted safe for the future requirements.
The application fees are different for various courses as given below.
- Diploma/ PG Diploma/ Certificate: Rs. 300/-
- Master of Law: Rs. 250/-
- Ph.D: Rs. 500/-
- M.Phil: Rs. 300/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid using a credit card, debit card, and internet banking.
Madras University Admission 2022 Selection Process
The process of selection is based on the course for which you are applying. Given below are the criteria for selection to different courses.
Admission based on the qualifying examination marks
- M.A. Courses: Bharathanatyam, Buddhism, Comparative Religion and Philosophy with Specialization in Christian Studies, Christian Scriptures, Divyaprabandham, Vaishnavism. French, Folk Music, Financial Economics, Hindi, Historical Studies, Kannada, Lifelong Learning, Human Resource Management, Public Administration I, Public Policy, Rhythmology, Comparative Religion and Philosophy with Specialization in Saiva Siddhanta, Sanskrit, Telugu, Vaishnavism, Women’s Studies, M.Ed. – Education.
- M.Sc: Photonics & Biophotonics
- M.Lib.I.Sc.: Library & Information Science, Material Science
- PG Diploma Courses: Ambedkar Thoughts, Banking and Finance, Biblical Languages and Interpretation, Clinical Embryology, Counselling Psychology, Christian Spirituality & Counseling, Digital Library Management, Ethics and Biotechnology, Ethics & Human Resource Management, Extension, and Development Administration Functional Hindi and Translation(Two year – Part time), Folkloristic and Mass Media, Immunotechnology, Inscription and Culture, Linguistics, Manuscriptology and Editing, Molecular Cell Biology & Stem cell Technology, Stem Cell Technology & Tissue Engineering, Organizational Development and Management of Change, Parent Counseling (for School Principal and Teachers)
- Diploma courses: Arabic, Cyber Crime & Information Security, French, German, Internal Audit, Italian, Jaina Temple Management, Kannada, Malayalam, Manuscriptology (PT), Spanish, Travel, and Tourism Management, Urdu, Telugu, Buddhist Studies, Teaching Methodology, Abhinaya & Nattuvangam, Teaching Methodology In Music
- Certificate courses: Arabic, Blogging, Buddhist Studies, Christian Scriptures and Interpretation, Counseling Psychology, French, Functional English and Public, Speaking, German, Hindi, Hospitality Management, Italian, Kannada, Malayalam, NGO Management, Pre-Primary Education, Skin Care Beauty Therapy, Spanish, TV News Reading Comparing, Urdu, Webpage Design, Women’s Studies, Yoga (PT).
Admission on the basis of the entrance exam and marks secured in the qualifying examination
MA Courses: Ancient History & Archaeology, Anthropology, Public Administration, Sociology, Defence & Strategic Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Journalism & Mass Communication, English, Tamil Literature and Culture, Tamil Studies, M.L. Constitutional Law and Legal Order, M.Com – International Business and Finance, M.Com – Business Data Science, Executive Master of Business Administration, Malayalam, Arabic, Urdu
M.Sc. Programmes: Criminology & Criminal Justice Science, Cyber Forensic & Information Security, HRD Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Applied Geography, Geology, Applied Geology, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry (Polymer Chemistry), Analytical Chemistry, Biophysics, Physics (Nuclear Physics), Physics (Theoretical Physics), Nano Science and Nano Technology, Energy & Material Science, Advanced Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry, Biomedical Genetics, Biotechnology, Botany, Zoology, Medical Microbiology (3 Years), Anatomy (3 Years), Physiology (3 Years), Neuroscience, Masters of Journalism- Online Media, Yoga.
M.Tech: Nano Science and Nano Technology.
Madras University Admission 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card for the entrance exam will release online through the official website.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card by entering their registration details.
- Information about the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
Result and Merit List
- The result of an entrance exam will be made available on the official website of the university.
- Candidates will be able to check the result by entering details like roll number and date of birth.
- Along with the result, authorities will also release the merit list for various courses.
- Benefits of the reservation will be given to the candidates of reserved categories while preparing the merit list.
Madras University Admission 2022 Counselling
- Only those candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process who will get their names in the merit list.
- During the counselling process, the authorities will complete all the admission formalities.
- Authorities will also verify the documents at the time of the counselling.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of the admission fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What UG courses are offered by Madras University?
Answer: The following courses are offered by the university – BA, B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Sc, B.Com, B.Com (Hons), B.BA, BCA, BSW, B.Voc.
Question – 2: What all documents are required at the time of admission at UNOM?
Answer: The candidates need to submit the following documents at the time of admission.
- Mark sheet of the qualifying exam
- Certificate of the qualifying exam
- Proof of age
- Copy of passport & visa
- Medical certificate
Question – 3: What is the admission procedure of M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes?
Answer: The aspirants must pass the entrance exam followed by a personal Interview.
Question – 4: Will I get the admit card for the entrance exam by post?
Answer: No, the admit card will be uploaded on the official website only. Candidates must download the admit card from the official website.
Question – 5: What are the contact details of the Madras University?
Answer: The contact details of the Admission wing of the University are as follows.
- Deputy Registrar – Academic
Chepauk, Chennai – 600005
Phone: 044 – 2539 3409
- CBCS Section – University Departments
Chepauk, Chennai – 600005
Phone: 044 – 2539 9562
- C & R III Section – Eligibility & ML Private Studies Admission
Chepauk, Chennai – 600005
Phone: 044 – 2539 9473
Chepauk, Chennai – 600005
Phone: 044 – 2539 9422
- D.2 Section – Ph.D. Admission
Chepauk, Chennai – 600005
Phone: 044 – 2539 9500
- Assistant Registrar – (CBCS)
Chepauk, Chennai – 600005
Phone: 044 – 2539 3564