A university-level entrance exam, LUCSAT 2022, will be conducted by the University of Lucknow to provide the candidates admissions into BCA and MCA degree programmes. The interested and eligible candidates can submit their application form for the exam in online mode. The application form for BCA will be released in March and for MCA, in the month of April. The candidates can get the details related to LUCSAT 2022 such as important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, etc through this post.
LUCSAT 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates for LUCSAT 2022 are provided here. The actual dates will be updated after they are officially announced by the relevant authorities.
|For BCA||For MCA|
|Availability of application form||March 2022, 3rd week||April 2022, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the form||April 2022, 3rd week||May 2022, 2nd week|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee||April 2022, 4th week||May 2022, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit card||April 2022, 4th week||May 2022, 4th week|
|Entrance exam date||May 2022, 1st week||June 2022, 1st week|
|Announcement of result||May 2022, 4th week||June 2022, last week|
|Counseling commencement||June 2022, 2nd week||July 2022, 1st week|
LUCSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to appear for the entrance exam must ensure that they meet the LUCSAT eligibility criteria 2022:
- The candidates must have passed their Intermediate or equivalent exam with Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates must score at least 50% marks in aggregate in their qualifying exam. A relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks will be given to the candidates of SC/ ST category.
- The applicants should have passed the B.Sc. (CS)/ B.Sc. (CA)/ B.Sc. (IT)/ BCA degree exam from a recognized institution/ university.
- A minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (45% for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST category) must be secured by the candidates’ in their qualifying exam.
LUCSAT Application Form 2022
The application form for LUCSAT 2022 will be released in online mode on the official website of Lucknow University. A valid email id and a phone number are mandatory for application process as any communication to the candidates will be carried out on the registered phone number and email id. in the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal details, qualification details, contact details, id proof number, income certificate number of parents’, caste certificate number (as per applicability), etc. Scanned photograph and signature will also be uploaded. After providing all the information into the form, the candidates can submit it along with the application fee.
The candidates can submit the application fee using net banking/ debit card/ credit card. The application fee once submitted will not be refunded.
Application fee will be Rs. 800/- (late fee Rs. 1800/-) for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 400/- (late fee Rs. 1400/-) for SC/ ST candidates.
Application fee will be Rs. 1000/- (late fee Rs. 2000/-) for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 500/- (late fee Rs. 1500/-) for SC/ ST candidates.
LUCSAT Exam Pattern 2022
The overview of the LUCSAT 2022 exam pattern is provided below to provide the candidates a basic familiarity with the exam:
- Duration of the test: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 400
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each right answer
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Topics involved:
|For BCA||For MCA|
|Comprehension||Questions on BCA level|
|General Knowledge||General Awareness|
|Logical reasoning||Logical Aptitude|
|Numerical Aptitude||Mental Ability|
LUCSAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus will comprise the topics studied by the candidates in their qualifying degree programme. For BCA entrance exam, the syllabus will cover the topics such as Comprehension, General Knowledge, Reasoning and Aptitude, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc and the syllabus for MCA entrance exam will cover topics such as General Awareness, Logical Aptitude, Mental Ability and questions of BCA level.
How to prepare for LUCSAT 2022?
The candidates who wish to get enrolment into the BCA or MCA courses offered by the Lucknow University must qualify the LUCSAT entrance test. In order to help such candidates, below we are providing certain basic preparation strategies to be followed.
- Prepare a time table, dividing the time properly between different subjects.
- Collect your study material only from authentic sources.
- Give more time and focus to the weaker subjects.
- Do not leave any topic untouched. Even if you think of it as less important, still gain some basic idea about it.
- Practice and revision are also a key factor for exam preparation. Revise regularly and practice as much as you can.
LUCSAT Admit Card 2022
The LUCSAT 2022 admit card will be made available for download in online mode. The candidates should download the admit card by visiting the official website of the university and take its printout. The candidates must carry the printout of the admit card to the exam center on the day of exam as entry will not allowed in the exam hall without the admit card. The candidates must preserve their admit card till the admission process is over.
Result & Admission
The result of LUCSAT 2022 will be declared by the competent authorities around 3 weeks after commencement of the exam. The candidates will be able to check their result in online mode on the official website. A merit list of the successful candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam.
The selected candidates will be have to get their documents verified and complete the admission process as per the decided schedule. The details of the further admission process will be intimated to the candidates through the official website. The candidates who fail to take admission and complete all formalities within the given time limit will forfeit their seat.