LSAT 2021: Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
On behalf of the USA-based Law School Admission Council (LSAC), LSAT 2021 will be conducted by the Pearson VUE. There are more than 85 law schools that accept LSAT scores in order to grand admission. Through this exam, eligible candidates can get admission into 3 years LLB and 5 years BBA/ BA LLB degree programmes. Interested candidates who are looking to appear for this exam need to submit an online application form.
Aspirants should know LSAT is an offline (Pencil and Paper-based) test that will take place in multiple cities across India. The application form is expected to release in the month of December 2020. Candidates can check complete details related to the LSAT India 2021 through this post.
- To register for the LSAT India Exam 2021, a candidate should have a valid email address and a phone number.
- While filling the form, candidates will be asked to provide the preference of at least 8 colleges for admission.
- The entrance exam consists of four sections or subjects, each section will be of 35 minutes each.
- The process of admission can vary for different colleges.
- Before filling the form, aspirants must make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission. Otherwise, the candidature of an applicant may get rejected and the application fee will not be refunded.
The tentative schedule of LSAT 2021 is given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of online registration||1st week of December 2020|
|Last date to register online||2nd week of April 2021|
|Date of LSAT India 2021exam||1st week of May 2021|
|Release date of Admit Card||3rd week of April 2021|
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2021|
LSAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Aspiring candidates should note that the eligibility criteria vary from colleges to colleges. That’s why it is recommended to check the website of the colleges associated with LSAC for exact eligibility criteria of particular institutes. The general eligibility criteria for various courses are given below.
BA LLB Program
- The candidates must have passed the class 12th exam from a recognized board with at least 45% marks.
- The minimum marks required can vary for different colleges.
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 45% from a recognized institute/ university.
- Candidates looking for admission into the LLM course must possess an LLB degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 45% marks.
LSAT 2021 Application Form
The LSAT Application form 2021 will be made available in online mode. Candidates who are looking to apply need to create their accounts on the official website.
- While creating the account on the official website i.e. discoverlaw.in., candidates have to provide their basic details like name, contact number, email Id, city, country, etc.
- Applicants also need to choose the course at the time of account creation.
- A unique login ID and password will be generated once the registration process gets over.
- Then, candidates need to sign-in and fill the rest of the details in the application form.
- With the details, the aspirants should also upload the scanned image of their photograph
- Apart from this, the candidates have to provide the choice of three exam center cities while filling the form.
- After submitting the form, aspirants need to pay the application fee online.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the application form submitted and keep it safe for future requirements.
- The LSAT application fee 2021 is similar for all the candidates i.e. Rs. 3800/-
- Candidates are required to pay the application fee online using a credit/ debit card or internet banking.
LSAT 2021 Admit Card
- Authorities will make the admit card of candidates available through the official website.
- Candidates may download the admit card by entering their login credentials generated at the time of registration.
- Applicants will also get intimation from the examination authorities on the release of an admit card.
- Complete details regarding the exam such as date, time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is compulsory to carry the admit card along with a photo Id proof at the time of the examination.
LSAT 2021 Exam pattern
The candidates preparing for the exam must know the exam pattern given below.
- Examination Mode: Offline (paper and pencil test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 115 (subjected to vary)
- Language of questions: Questions will be asked in English Language only.
- Duration of exam: 2 hours and 55 minutes
- Negative Marking: Not applicable
- Scoring Pattern: Candidates will receive a scaled score between 420 and 480.
|Sections (Subjects)||Number of Questions||Duration|
|Analytical Reasoning||23||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning (1)||22||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning (2)||23||35 minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24||35 minutes|
|Total||115 Questions||2 hours and 55 minutes|
Note: The number of questions in the variable section may change.
LSAT 2021 Exam Centers
The LSAT Exam 2021 will take place in the following cities across India.
- Central Region: Indore, Bhopal, Raipur
- East Region: Bhubaneswar, Ranchi , Guwahati , Patna, Kolkata
- South Region: Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Vijaywada, Bengaluru
- North Region: Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Jammu, Varanasi, Lucknow
- West Region: Mumbai, Nagpur, Ahmedabad, Jaipur
LSAT Result 2021
- Those who will appear for the exam will be able to check the result online through the official website.
- The result scorecard comprises details like current score, percentile rank, average score, results of all tests up to 12, and score band.
- Candidates who will score more than qualifying marks will be allowed to take part in the admission process.
- Please note the process of admission will be different for various colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Can I request the change in an allotted examination center?
Answer: No, the examination center once allotted cannot be changed.
Question: Can I get admissions into foreign universities based on LSAT India 2021 scores?
Answer: No, LSAT India score is considered for admission into Indian Colleges only.
Question: Is it possible to pay the application fee through a demand draft?
Answer: Candidates need to pay the application fee online. No, demand drafts or cheques will be accepted.
Question: How many times in a year LSAT is conducted?
Answer: LSAT India exam is conducted once in a year.