LHMC Nursing 2023: The Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC) offers the selected candidates admissions into its 4-year B.Sc (Hons) Nursing course. Selection of the candidates (female only) will be done on the basis of their performance in a written test. The candidates will be able to submit their application forms from the month of May 2023. Applications form can be filled and submitted only in offline mode. The entrance test is supposed to be held in the month of June 2023 in offline mode. Complete details related to LHMC Nursing 2023 can be found here from this article.
LHMC Nursing 2023
- The candidates will have to send a hard copy of admission ticket to the college as available on the official website. The college authorities will fill the admission ticket with the necessary details and dispatch to the candidates.
- Application form can be submitted to the college via post or in person.
- The application form must be filled by the candidates in their own handwriting and in English only.
- Admission will be provisional till the candidate is declared medically fit by the Board of medical examination constituted by College Authorities.
- During fourth year (internship) B.Sc (Hons) Nursing students will receive an amount of Rs. 500/- per month as internship allowance from the Government.
LHMC Nursing 2023 Important Dates (Tentative)
Given in the table below are the important dates related to LHMC Nursing 2023.
|Notification release||May 2023, 4th week|
|Online availability of application form for downloading||May 2023, 4th week|
|Last date for receipt of filled-in copy of application form||June 2023, 1st week|
|Last date of availability of admit card||June 2023, 3rd week|
|Entrance exam date||June 2023, last week|
|Result announcement & display of merit list||July 2023, 2nd week|
|Beginning of admission process||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Display of 1st waiting list||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Admission of candidates from 1st waiting list||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Display of 2nd waiting list||July 2023, 4th week|
|Admission of candidates from 2nd waiting list||July 2023, 4th week|
|Commencement of classes||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Date of closure of all admissions||August 2023, 2nd week|
LHMC Nursing 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the details of the LHMC Nursing 2023 eligibility criteria:
- Only female candidates are eligible for B.Sc Nursing course.
- The minimum age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years as on 31st December 2023.
- Applicants should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are mandatory subjects at class 12th
- A minimum of 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST and OBC candidates) must be secured in the aggregate of these four subjects.
LHMC Nursing 2023 Application Form
LMHC Nursing 2023 application form will be available for download on the official website of college lhmc-hosp.gov.in. After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of the application form and fill it in their own handwriting.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, nationality, category, caste, etc.
- Qualification details like address of last school attended, year of passing class 10th & class 12th, marks obtained in class 12th board, etc will also be asked.
- Postal address for sending admission ticket should also be provided carefully in the application form.
- Candidates should provide a valid email address and phone number in the application form that may be used for future correspondence.
- Signature of candidate, father and mother should also be provided into the form.
- The filled in application form should be sent to the office of Principal College of Nursing, Lady Hardinge Medical College & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi.
- The application fee for general/ OBC candidates will be Rs. 550/- and Rs. 300/- for SC/ ST candidates.
- PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Fee payment can be done via Demand Draft/ Banker’s Cheque drawn in favor of “The Director, LHMC & Associated Hospitals, New Delhi” payable at New Delhi.
The following documents should be enclosed with the hard copy of the application form and sent to the college:
- Self Addressed envelope with Rs. 25/- stamp affixed
- Acknowledgement card with address of candidate and Rs. 10/- stamp affixed
- Admission ticket with candidate’s Name and Father’s Name filled by the candidate and with candidate’s signature are to be sent in duplicate with 2 passport size unattested photographs affixed
- Passport size photograph affixed on application form duly signed by the candidate and attested by the Principal of the School last attended or a Gazetted Officer
- Copy of category certificate from a competent authority, if applicable
- Copy of disability certificate from a competent authority, if applicable
- If a CWWAPP/ PH candidate belongs to SC, ST or OBC Non-Creamy Layer category, she should also enclose appropriate certificate
LHMC Nursing 2023 Exam Pattern
The overview of LHMC Nursing 2023 exam pattern is provided as:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Medium of test: English
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Important topics: English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge
LHMC Nursing 2023 Admit Card
- Admission ticket/ admit card of the candidates will be dispatched by 2nd week of June 2023.
- If the candidate does not receive the admission ticket by 4th week of June 2023, she may contact the college office in person.
- Details of the exam venue will be communicated to the candidates via the admit card itself.
- Candidates reporting for the exam must carry their admit card with them or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Along with the admit card, the candidates are also required to bring a valid identity proof to the exam center.
LHMC Nursing 2023 Result & Admission
- The result of written selection test will be displayed on the Main Gate of College of Nursing and also on the official website of the college.
- List of selected candidates for admission to B.Sc (Hons) Nursing course will be displayed in the order of merit.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the written entrance test.
- Admission will be granted to the candidates on the basis of their names in this list.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to report to the college along with their documents in original and photocopy.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified after which final admission will be granted to them.
Reservation of Seats
Reservation of seats will be provided to different categories as follows:
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates
- 5% seats are reserved for ST candidates
- 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates
- 3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for PWD candidates
- 5% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for the candidates belonging to Children, Widows of Armed and Para Military Personnel (CWWAPP) Category