Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will commence the process of admission into Kendriya Vidyalayas located all over India hopefully from this month. Interested students or parents will be required to fill and submit the application form for admission. Application form for admission to class I will be available online whereas, for rest classes, registration will be offline. Before proceeding towards the application process, one must ensure the eligibility required for admission. Complete details related to the KVS Admission 2022 are provided here in this article.
Fresh Guidelines for KVS Admission Announced Last Year
- 27 percent seats are reserved for OBC candidates.
- Class 1 admission will be given through an online draw of lots.
- Candidates will be given admission to class 2 to 8 on priority basis. This means, in case the number of total applications exceeds the seats available, the lottery system would be followed.
- Candidates will be given admission to class 9 based on their performance in an entrance exam.
- Candidates will be given admission to class 11 based on their performance in class 10 and it will commence within 20 days of announcement of class 10 result.
- Candidates will be given admission to class 10 and 12 are subject of availability and as per the guideline of KVS.
- Registration forms are to be made available by Principals free of cost.
- Class 1 registration will be through the online admission portal.
KVS Admission 2022 Important Dates
The tentative dates regarding the KVS Admission 2022 are given in the table below:
|1||Advertisement for admission||—|
|2||Online Registration for Class-I||—|
|3||Last date of Online Registration for Class-I.||—|
|4||(a) Declaration of provisional select and waitlist of registered candidates|
(b) Admission of eligible candidates of selected list in following order:
(ii) From Service Priority Category (I and II) only
(iii) Shortfall of Reservation Quota after admission in (i) and (ii) above
|5(i)||Declaration of provisional select list of|
candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats, if any (keeping the left over reserved seats blocked).
|5(ii)||(Offline)। Extended date for Second Notification for offline registrations for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST and OBC(NCL) if sufficient applications not received in online mode.||—|
|6||Registration for Class-II onwards (except Class XI)- Subject in offline mode to availability of|
vacancies in a particular class.
|7||Declaration of list of class II onwards.||—|
|8||Admission for class II onwards.||—|
|9||For KV students: Registration for admission in class XI.||—|
|10||KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class-XI.||—|
|11||Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)|| |
|12||Last date of admission for all classes including XI.||—|
Age Criteria (as on 31st March 2022)
The lower and upper age limit of the candidates for admission into different classes is given below.
|Class||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
- A relaxation of 2 years in the upper age limit will be given to the differently abled candidates.
- There will be no age limit for admission in class 11th given that the student is taking admission in the year of passing 10th
KVS 2022 Application Form for class I
Those interested for KV Admission 2022 in class I will first have to register their kids by visiting the official website kvsangathan.nic.in. After successful registration, the parents will have to fill and submit the application form.
- Parents can fill the registration form by providing the basic details like student’s name, date of birth, email id and phone number.
- After providing these details, click on the register button to obtain an OTP on the registered phone number.
- The process of registration will be complete after successful OTP verification.
- Now, the parents can login to fill the rest of the details into the application form.
- In the application form, personal details except the ones provided at the time of registration will be filled.
- Parent’s details and choice for schools should also be provided in the application. Three choices for Kendriya Vidyalaya can be provided irrespective of the order of preference.
- Scanned copies of student’s photograph and date of birth certificate will also be uploaded in the form.
- Once all the information is provided, the application can be submitted again with OTP verification.
- An application number will be generated after application form submission which should be kept safe for future reference.
Application Form for class II onwards
- Registration forms for class II onwards will be made available by the Principal free of cost.
- The application form/ registration form along with copies of important documents must be sent to the concerned Vidyalaya.
Documents to be sent with the registration form
Attested copies of the following documents should be submitted along with the application form:
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament, PSU employees, KVS employee a proof of relationship
- Category certificate, if applicable
- Disability certificate, if applicable
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years, , if applicable
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees, , if applicable
- Proof of residence
KVS Admission 2022 Selection List
- Selection list of the candidates will be prepared who submit their registration forms successfully.
- The list will be published on the official website and in the notice board of the schools too.
- Admission process will begin after the release of the selection list.
KVS Admission Process 2022
The KV Admission 2022 process for class I to XI is given below in detail:
Admission in class 1st
No admission test will be conducted and admission will be granted on the basis of draw of lots.
Admission in class 2nd onwards
No admission test will be conducted and admission will be granted based on the Priority category system. If applications are more than the number of seats, lottery system will be followed.
Admission in class 9th
Admission test will be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Mathematics, Social Science and Science. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of performance in the test for granting admission.
Admission in class 11th
Admission in different streams for KV students will be given on the basis of aggregate marks scored in class X exams as under:
- Science Stream: A minimum of 60% marks in aggregate of all subjects
- Commerce: A minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all subjects
- Humanities Stream: Passing marks in aggregate of all subjects
Admission in class 10th and 12th
Admission in class 10th and 12th to the candidates other than KV students will be given only if the average class strength is less than 40. Also, it is mandatory for the students to obtain a minimum of 55% marks in class 9th (for class 10 admission) and in class 11th (for class 12 admission).
Students belonging to the following categories will be offered admission over and above the class strength:
- Children and dependent grandchildren of Hon’ble Members of Parliament
- Children and grandchildren of serving and retired KVS employees (for class IX, the child has to clear the admission test)
- Children of Central Government employees who died in harness
- Children of recipients of military decoration, Sena Medal (Army), Nav Sena Medal (Navy), Vayu Sena Medal (Air Force)
- Children of recipients of President’s Police & Police medal for gallantry
- Meritorious sports children who have secured I, II & III position in SGFI/ CBSE/ National/ State level games organized by the Government
- Recipients of Rashtrapati Puraskar in Scouts & Guides
- Single girl children in class I and from class VI onwards
- Recipients of National Bravery or Balshree Award
- Children whose parent is a teacher and is a recipient of National Award for teachers
- Children who have shown special talent in Fine Arts at National or State level
- Children of employees of the Ministry of HRD
- Children of employees of Ministry of External Affairs
- Children of the employees of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)
- Children of Sponsoring Agency
- Students recommended by Hon’ble Member of Parliament