The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) is the authority that manages the admission process for Kendriya Vidyalaya all over the country. The admission is provided based on the number of vacancies arising and various other criteria as applicable. The application form for class 1 admission may release online in the month of April 2023. On the other hand, the application form for all other classes will release offline in the month of April. All the necessary details related to the KV Admission 2023 are provided in this article.
KV Admission 2023 Important Dates(Tentative)
The official Schedule for KV Admission 2023 is given in the table below.
|Official notification release date||April 2023|
|Availability of application form for class I||April 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form for class 1||April 2023|
|(a)Declaration of provisional select and wait list of registered candidates
(b)Admission of eligible candidates of selected list in following order:
(ii)From Service Priority Category (I and II) only
(iii)Shortfall of Reservation Quota after admission in (i) and (ii)above
|1st list in April 2023
2nd list in April 2023 (if seats remain
3rd list in May 2023 (if seats remain
|Declaration of provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats, if any (keeping the left over reserved seats blocked)||May 2023|
|Extended date for Second Notification for offline Registrations for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST and OBC (NCL) if sufficient applications not received in online mode.||Notification in May 2023
Display of list and
|Registration for Class–II onwards (except Class XI)–Subject (in offline mode) to availability of vacancies in a particular class||To be announced|
|Declaration of list of class II onwards.||To be announced|
|Admission for class II onwards.||To be announced|
|For KV students: Registration for admission in classXI||Within 10 days after declaration of class X results|
|KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class–XI.||Within 20 days after declaration of class X results.|
|Non–KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in class XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV students in class XI.|
|Last date of admission for class –XI.||30 days from the date of declaration of class–X results by CBSE.|
KV Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Those candidates who are looking to apply need to ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the application form for Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2023.
The age limits depend upon the class for which you are looking to get admission. Please note that the age limit will be calculated as of 31st March 2023.
|Class||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
|1st Class||5 Years||7 Years|
|2nd Class||6 Years||8 Years|
|3rd Class||7 Years||9 Years|
|4th Class||8 Years||10 Years|
|5th Class||9 Years||11 Years|
|6th Class||10 Years||12 Years|
|7th Class||11 Years||13 Years|
|8th Class||12 Years||14 Years|
|9th Class||13 Years||15 Years|
|10th Class||14 Years||16 Years|
KV 2023 Application Form
The process of application form submission for KV admission 2023 depends upon the class in which the admission is desired. We have explained the application process for all the classes as given below.
For 1st Class
The application form for 1st class admission will release in online mode only. Interested parents who want to enrol their wards will be able to access the application form through the official website of KVS i.e. kvsangathan.nic.in.
- To begin the application process, parents need to register their candidates on the KVS website.
- During the registration process, it is necessary to enter basic details like name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Once the parents submit the registration form, they will receive an OTP on their registered phone number.
- After the registration process gets over, the main application form will be accessible.
- In the main application form, you should provide complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Apart from this, it is also necessary to upload the scanned images of candidates photograph and birth certificate in the application form.
- Parents may submit the application form in case all the details entered in the application form are correct.
- The application number will be generated after the application form submission gets over.
- The application number should be noted and kept safely for future requirements.
For Class 2nd Onwards
- The application form for admission to class 2nd onwards can be obtained from the principal’s office of any Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- After getting the application form, candidates need to fill by providing their required educational, personal, and contact details.
- The duly filled application form must be submitted along with the necessary documents at the same Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- It is also advised to keep a copy of the submitted application form for future references.
Parents must make sure that they submit the following documents along with the application form at the Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- Proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births
- A proof of relationship for grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament, PSU employees and KVS employee.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees
- Proof of residence
- Category certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ EWS/ BPL
- Disability certificate from a civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority
KV Admission 2023 Result and Selection List
- Once the application form submission process gets over, authorities will publish the list of the candidates selected for admission online through the official website.
- Apart from this the selection list will also be published on the notice board of all Kendriya Vidyalaya.
- Only those candidates will be allowed or invited to participate in further rounds of admission process who will get their names in the selection lists.
KVS 2023 Admission Process
The admission process or criteria is different for all the classes as given below.
- 1st Class: Candidates will be selected based on the priority category system. For those seats who are under RTE provision, candidates will be selected by drawing of lots.
- 2nd Class to 8th Class: Candidates will be selected based on the priority category system. The lottery system will be followed in case the number of applications is more than the seats available.
- 9th Class: The applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the admission test conducted by the KVS. Authorities will access the candidate’s knowledge in subjects of English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, and Social Science.
- 10th Class: Those candidates who have a minimum of 55% marks in the 9th standard can apply for admission in case of any vacancy.
- 11th Class: Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the board’s examination. For science stream at least 60% in aggregate of all subjects, 55% for commerce stream, passing marks for humanities are required.
- 12th Class: Aspirants with a minimum of 55% in class 11th can apply for admission in case there is any vacancy available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: At the time of filling the application form, can a candidate provide his/ her choice for Kendriya Vidyalaya?
Answer: A candidate can choose a maximum of 3 Kendriya Vidyalaya at the time of filling the application form.
Question – 2: My son belongs to differently abled category is there any relaxation in the upper age limit?
Answer: Yes, a relaxation of 2 years will be given to the students who belong to differently-abled category.
Question – 3: What is the mode of application at Kendriya Vidyalaya?
Answer: The mode of application is online for class 1st admission and offline for admission to all other classes.
Question – 4: Is there any special provision for admission to the candidates of some certain categories?
Answer: Yes, there is a provision for admission to candidates who belongs to some special categories. Please note that admission to such candidates will be over the strength of the class as well.
- Children and dependent grandchildren of Hon’ble Members of Parliament
- Children and grandchildren of serving and retired KVS employees (for class IX, the child has to clear the admission test)
- Children of Central Government employees who died in harness
- Children of recipients of military decoration, Sena Medal (Army), Nav Sena Medal (Navy), Vayu Sena Medal (Air Force)
- Children of recipients of President’s Police & Police medal for gallantry
- Meritorious sports children who have secured I, II & III position in SGFI/ CBSE/ National/ State level games organized by the Government
- Recipients of Rashtrapati Puraskar in Scouts & Guides
- Single girl children in class I and from class VI onwards
- Recipients of National Bravery or Balshree Award
- Children whose parent is a teacher and is a recipient of National Award for teachers
- Children who have shown special talent in Fine Arts at National or State level
- Children of employees of the Ministry of HRD
- Children of employees of the Ministry of External Affairs
- Children of the employees of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)
- Children of Sponsoring Agency
- Students recommended by Hon’ble Member of Parliament.