Admission into the 2-year B.Ed degree course offered by the Kumaun University is granted on the basis of performance of the candidates in the university level entrance exam. Candidates who wish to get enrolled into this university can apply for the exam through online mode most probably from September 2022 onwards. It is suggested that the candidates ensure their eligibility before applying for the exam. This article provides the candidates complete information related to Kumaun University B.Ed Entrance Test 2023.
Kumaun University B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
The important dates related to Kumaun University B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 exam are given in the table below:
|Online application form release date||September 2022 (tentative)|
|Last date to make application fee payment||To be updated|
|Last date for making application form submission||To be updated|
|Issue of admit card||To be updated|
|Date of B.Ed entrance exam||To be updated|
|Result announcement||To be updated|
|Beginning of counseling process||To be updated|
Eligibility Criteria for Kumaun University B.Ed Entrance Test 2023
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria prescribed below can apply for Kumaun University B.Ed Admission 2023:
- A bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree in any stream with not less than 50% marks (45% marks for reserved category candidates) in aggregate is required to be eligible.
- Candidates who will complete their bachelor’s/ master’s degree in the year 2023 (before commencement of the admission process) can apply too.
Kumaun University B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The candidates can fill the application form for Kumaun University B.Ed exam 2023 through online mode. Interested candidates can visit the official website of the university to obtain the application form.
- To fill the application form, the candidates are required to enter their basic personal and academic details.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should also be uploaded in the application form.
- Candidates need to provide their choice for examination center at the time of application only.
- Care should be taken while entering the details into the application form as any incorrect information can make the form liable for rejection.
- After providing the important details into the application form, it can be submitted along with the specified application fee.
- A copy of the submitted application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates for any future reference.
- The candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 1250/- as application fee for Kumaun University B.Ed exam.
- Payment of the fee can be done online using the facility of internet banking or via debit card/ credit card.
Kumaun University B.Ed 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic exam pattern for Kumaun University B.Ed entrance test:
|Paper I||Language Test (English or Hindi)||100||90 minutes|
|Paper II||General Knowledge & Reasoning Test||100||90 minutes|
|Paper III (Part 1)||Aptitude Test||100||45 minutes|
|Paper III (Part 2)||Subject Paper (Science/ Arts / Commerce)||100||45 minutes|
The Kumaun University B.Ed entrance exam is proposed to be conducted in the following cities:
Kumaun University B.Ed Entrance Test 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear for the Kumaun University B.Ed entrance test will be made available on the official website of the university.
- The candidates are required to download the admit card, take a hard copy and carry it to the exam center while reporting for exam.
- Those without a valid admit card will not be allowed to appear for the exam under any conditions.
- On the admit card, details of the candidates like name, roll number, etc and of the entrance exam like venue, schedule, etc will be printed.
- A copy of the admit card should be taken and kept safe by the candidates as it will be required at the time of admission as well.
Result of Kumaun University B.Ed Entrance Test 2023
- The authorities will declare the result of the entrance test in online mode. The result is expected to be declared in the month of April 2023.
- Candidates will be able to check their result by visiting the official website of the university.
- A merit list will be prepared of the qualified candidates on the basis of their marks in the entrance test.
- Selected candidates will then be invited for the counseling round as per their names in the merit list.
Kumaun University B.Ed 2023 Counseling
- Candidates who clear the entrance exam need to report for the counseling process as per the schedule communicated by the authorities.
- During counseling, the documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified. The candidates should therefore all the important documents with them while appearing for counseling.
- After successful document verification, the candidates will be considered for final admission.
- Candidates then need to complete the formalities of admission such as payment of fees, submission of documents, etc.
Candidates must carry with them the following documents in original as well as photocopy while reporting for counseling:
- Printout of the application form
- Mark sheet of class 10th
- Class 10th passing certificate
- Mark sheet of class 12th
- Class 12th passing certificate
- Mark sheet of graduation
- Mark sheet of post graduation
- Category certificate for OBC/ SC/ ST candidates
- Disability certificate for PWD candidates
- Passport size photographs
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: When should I expect the release of application form for B.Ed exam?
Answer: The application form for Kumaun University B.Ed entrance exam has been released on 22nd September 2023.
Question 2: Can I get a refund on application fee if I do not wish to appear for the entrance exam?
Answer: No refund for the application fee will be granted under any condition. The candidates must note that no request should be made in this regard.
Question 3: Will the admit card be sent through offline mode?
Answer: No. The admit card will not be sent to the candidates through post, courier, etc and will only be available through online mode.
Question 4: Is it possible to change the exam center as mentioned in the admit card?
Answer: The exam center once allotted to the candidates in the admit card cannot be changed under any circumstances.
Question 5: What if a candidate fails to report for the admission?
Answer: Those candidates who fail to report for the admission process within the prescribed time limit will not be considered for admission.