KMAT 2023 is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) every year to select the candidates for admission into top business schools of Karnataka. Candidates who are interested and also meet the prescribed eligibility criteria can apply for the exam through online mode. The application form might release from July 2023. Complete details of the KMAT 2023 can be found from this article.
- Other than online, no mode will be provided to the candidates to fill and submit their application form.
- Candidates need to apply separately for the institutes in which they want to be considered for admission.
- Eligibility criteria for different participating institutes must be verified before applying to its admission process.
- Scores of KMAT 2023 will be accepted by more than 169 well known AICTE-approved University-affiliated B-schools in Karnataka.
- Final admission will be given to the candidates as per the rules of the specific institute for which they apply for.
KMAT 2023 Schedule
Check out the official dates related to KMAT 2023 in the table below:
|Release of online application form||July 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||To be updated|
|Admit card issue date||To be updated|
|Date of admission test||To be updated|
|Result declaration||To be updated|
|Beginning of counseling process||To be updated|
KMAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to appear for KMAT 2023 are described below:
For MBA/ PGDM course:
- Candidates need to hold a bachelor’s degree of minimum duration 3 years or should have cleared final year master’s degree exam from any recognized university.
- The bachelor’s/ master’s degree in any field like Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering or Technology is applicable.
- Minimum qualifying marks should not be less than 50% in the aggregate (45% for SC/ ST candidate).
- Those appearing in their final year of bachelor’s/ master’s degree in the year 2023 are also eligible.
For MCA course:
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree scoring at least 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply.
- Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 or at graduation level is also mandatory.
- Candidates appearing in their final year of bachelor’s degree programme in the year 2023 can apply too.
KMAT 2023 Application Form
- The application form for KMAT 2023 will be made available through online mode. Candidates can obtain the application by visiting the official website www.kmatindia.com.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded into the application form.
- Candidates need to provide one city of choice where they want to appear for the entrance exam.
- After providing the important details into the application form, the candidates should check it thoroughly.
- Duly filled application form can then be submitted online along with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
- Candidates need to pay a non-refundable amount of Rs. 1000/- as KMAT application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done online using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
KMAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic exam pattern overview for KMAT 2023 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 120
- Marking scheme: For every right answer, 1 mark will be given to the candidates
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||30||30|
KMAT 2023 Syllabus
Check below the syllabus for KMAT 2023:
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Antonyms & Synonyms, Sentence Completion, Idioms & Phrases, Expressions, Sentence Correction, etc
- Logical and Abstract Reasoning: Blood Relations, Seating Arrangement, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Number & Letter Series, Odd One Out, Dice Related Problems, Direction Sense, etc
- Quantitative Ability: Average, Time & Work, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Trigonometry, Time & Speed, Geometry, Profit & Loss, Common Graphs & Charts, Simple & Compound Interest, Interpretation of Tables, etc
- General Awareness: Geography, History & Culture of India, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian National Movement, General Science, etc
KMAT 2023 Admit Card
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download their admit card using their application details.
- The admit card will be released in online mode on the official website of KMAT www.kmatindia.com.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card should be taken and carried to the center on day of exam.
- Only the candidates with a valid admit card and identity proof will be allowed to take the exam.
- The candidates must preserve the admit card till they are finally enrolled in any institute through KMAT.
The KMAT 2023 is expected to be conducted in the following centers:
Bagalkot, Bangalore, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Davangere, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Tumkur, Udupi
KMAT 2023 Result
- The KMAT 2023 exam results will be announced online on the official website.
- Candidates can download their score card using their application number and date of birth.
- Total marks and section-wise marks obtained by the candidates will be mentioned on the score card.
- Those who clear the entrance exam will be eligible to apply for the admission process of the participating institute.
KMAT 2023 Admission Process
- The next step after declaration of the result will be commencement of admission process.
- Candidates who clear the entrance test will be allowed to apply to the colleges of their choice on the basis of their KMAT ranking.
- Further process of admission will be carried out by the participating institutes as per their own rules.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified before providing admission and they might also be asked to appear for GD/ PI round.
- Details of the admission process can be obtained by the candidates by visiting the websites of the concerned institutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How do I know if my KMAT application form is submitted successfully?
Answer: You will get a confirmation of candidate summary sheet along with the payment details once your form and fee are submitted successfully.
Question 2: What are the important items to be brought at KMAT 2023 test venue?
Answer: Candidates should carry the following items to the test center while reporting for the exam:
- Admit card duly completed with photograph
- Valid photo ID proof
- Black & blue ball point pen
- HB pencils, eraser and sharpener
Question 3: In case of any problem in registration, admit card or score card, who should I contact?
Answer: The candidates in case of any issue related to KMAT can contact on the helpline numbers 9513270139/ 9513271046 or write an email to [email protected].