Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) 2022 is a popular management entrance test to be conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges’ Association. The aim of KMAT 2022 exam is to shortlist the candidates for admission to 189+ B-Schools across the state of Karnataka. It is an all India level exam that is supposed to take place in more than 10 cities across Karnataka. Aspirants from all over the country and abroad can apply for the KMAT exam. KPPGCA has invited the online application for KMAT 2022. The aspiring candidates who are looking for MBA, PGDM or MCA admission may apply if they meet the eligibility criteria.
Latest: KMAT 2022 application process has been started now.
KMAT 2022 Main Highlights
- Candidates for all over the country can apply for KMAT examination 2022 irrespective of their domicile state.
- All the applicants have to choose the exam center city while filling the application form. This city cannot be changed later.
- The candidates who want to apply for both MCA and MBA need to fill different application forms. Separate admit cards will be released for both the courses.
- The examination fee is non-refundable unless paid twice for the same course.
- There is no sectional time limit applicable in the KMAT exam. Candidates have to attempt a total of 120 questions (including all sections) within 2 hours.
- For further queries regarding this exam, the aspirants may drop an email to [email protected].
KMAT Important Dates 2022
The official dates for the KMAT 2022 exam are as follows:
|Main Activities||Important Dates|
|Commencement of online registration process||Available|
|Last date to register online||3rd week of July 2022|
|Releasing of Admit Card||4th week of July 2022|
|Date of entrance test||Last week of July 2022|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of August 2022|
KMAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To get admission through KMAT exam 2022, the aspiring candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria below:
MBA/ PGDM Admission
- The aspirants need to have a Bachelor’s degree of 3-years duration or a Master degree in the field of Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Science, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent.
- Applicants should have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam (45% for SC/ ST candidates)
- Students going to appear for the final year exam in the year 2022 may also apply.
- The aspiring candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks.
- Also, the applicant must have studied mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level.
The complete application process will take place online through the official website of Karnataka private post graduate colleges’ association. Check the following instructions to fill KMAT application form 2022 properly.
- To start the application process, the candidates need to visit its official website.
- Candidates first have to register by providing some basic details like their name, email address, date of birth, etc.
- After registration, the aspirants may log in to start filing the online application form.
- In the application form, the candidates need to provide their academic & personal details in an accurate manner.
- Also, upload the scanned copy of passport size photograph (Max. 500 KB) and signature (Max. 200 KB) in the application form.
- After entering all the details, the candidates may submit the form and move on to the application fee payment.
- An application number will get generated after the payment of fees. Candidates should take a printout of the fee receipt and application form for future references.
- All the candidates have to pay an equal application fee i.e. Rs. 826/- (Including GST)
- The payment of KMAT Test fee (application fee) will be done online using a credit card, debit card or internet banking.
KMAT Exam Pattern
Here is the general overview of the KMAT 2022 examination.
- Mode of Exam: Offline (conventional pen-paper mode of exam)
- Duration of the examination: 2 hour
- Number of Question: 120
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice objective type questions
- Sections: 3 (Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Logical and abstract reasoning, Quantitative ability)
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for each question
- Negative Marking: Not applicable
- Exam Centers: The expected exam center cities are Bengaluru, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Kalaburagi, Devanagere, Hubballi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, and Shivamogga.
Section-wise distribution of questions & marks (for MBA/ MCA)
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||40||40|
Aspirants can check the section-wise KMAT Syllabus 2022 as given below:
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension: grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages, Choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills, etc.
- Logical and Abstract Reasoning: This section will test the candidate’s ability to think accurately and quickly. Sets as well as the individual questions will be based on Verbal reasoning, analogy among others.
- Quantitative Ability: ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time & speed, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and parts of mathematics, quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts, etc.
KMAT 2022 Admit Card
- The exam authorities will upload the admit cards for all the candidates before the exam on the official website.
- Candidates will be able to download admit cards simply by providing their registration number, date of birth etc.
- It is compulsory for every aspirant to carry a hard copy of the admit card to the examination center. Otherwise, they will not get permission to sit in the examination hall.
- Apart from the admit card, the aspirant also required to carry a valid exam proof to the examination center.
- Make sure you have an HB Pencil, Eraser and sharpener in addition to the Blue & Black ballpoint pens while appearing for the exam.
- Authorities will declare the KMAT Result 2022 about 2-3 weeks after the examination.
- Candidates who will appear for the exam will be able to check their results by providing the application number and date of birth.
- The scorecard of KMAT exam will display the net scores of a candidate along with the percentile.
- Please note that the score will be available to both candidates and participating institutes.
- After the declaration of result, the aspiring candidates have to get in touch with participating institutes through their websites for the rest of the admission formalities.