Various law Institutes in the state of Kerala offer admissions to their LLB and LLM courses on the basis of an entrance exam called KLEE. The Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE) Kerala holds the responsibility of conducting the KLEE 2023 entrance exam. Aspiring candidates should note that KLEE exam takes place separately for LLB and LLM courses. Those who are looking to apply need to fill an online application form before the last date. The application process for different courses i.e. 3 years LLB, 5 Years LLB, and LLM course are expected to begin on different dates. In this post, we have discussed complete details regarding the KLEE 2023 entrance exam.
- The benefits of reservations will be given only to the candidates who belong to the state of Kerala.
- Authorities will not publish any printed offline application form. Candidates have to submit the application form in online mode only.
- In order to submit a grievance against the answer key, a candidate needs to submit supporting documents along with a fee of Rs. 100/- per question. This fee should be deposited by a demand draft.
- Candidates must ensure that they submit the application form before the last date. No applications will be accepted after the last date.
- Incomplete or incorrect application forms will be summarily rejected.
KLEE 2023 Important Dates
For LLB Admission
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|For 5-year LLB Course||For 3-year LLB Course|
|Release of online application form||Last week of April 2023||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date of application form submission||2nd week of May 2023||2nd week of May 2023|
|Issuance of Admit Card||3rd week of May 2023||3rd week of May 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||4th week of May 2023||4th week of May 2023|
|Declaration of result||1st week of June 2023||1st week of June 2023|
|Beginning of counselling||1st week of June 2023||1st week of June 2023|
For LLM Admission
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Beginning of online application form submission||4th week of February 2023|
|Last date to submit an application form||1st week of March 2023|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of March 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||2nd week of March 2023|
|Result declaration||4th week of March 2023|
|Starting of the counselling process||4th week of March 2023|
KLEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to fulfill depend upon the course for which he/she is looking to apply.
3-years LLB course
- Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit: There is no lower age limit for admission. The upper age limit will be according to the decision of Honorable Supreme Court of India.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in any stream from a recognized university with at least 45% marks (42% for EBC and 40% for SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate
5-years LLB course
- Nationality: The candidates of Indian nationality are eligible to apply
- Age Limit: A candidate must have completed the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2023
- Educational Qualification: Applicants must have passed class 12th or an equivalent exam with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks (42% for EBC and 40% for SC/ST candidates)
- Nationality: All the candidates should be of Indian nationality
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for admission to LLM course
- Educational Qualification: Those who are looking to apply for LLM course must have passed the 5-years and 3-years LLB course with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.
KLEE 2023 Application Form
Candidates who are looking for admission to law courses through KLEE 2023 exam should fill and submit the application form online. Check the following instructions regarding the application process.
- Aspirants will be able to access the application form through the official website i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in.
- The first step of the application process is registration on the official website.
- After registration, an application number and password will be generated for the candidates.
- Then, candidates need to login and fill the rest of the details in the application form.
- Apart from the details, aspirants also required to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- Additionally, the candidates must also upload other important documents (list given below) on the application form.
- Once the documents are uploaded, applicants may submit the form and pay the necessary application fee.
- It is advised that candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted for future references.
Documents to be uploaded in the online application form
- Proof of Nationality – Election ID/Passport/ Birth certificate/SSLC
- Proof of Nativity
- Date of Birth proof – Relevant page of SSLC/ Birth Certificate/ Passport
- Certificates obtained from Tahsildar in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in the prescribed format from the Village Officer concerned in the case of SEBC/OEC candidates.
- Community Certificate from the Village Officer concerned in the case of OEC candidates who do not come under Non-Creamy layer category.
- NCL/ Community and Income certificate (if applicable)
- Inter-Caste marriage certificate: Candidates who are children of Inter-Caste married couple of whom one is SC/ST, need to upload Inter-Caste marriage Certificate issued by Tahsildar.
- Certificate from the District Medical Board for Persons with Disabilities (if applicable)
- Certificate from the Fisheries Officer concerned of Kerala Fishermen Welfare Fund Board for fee concession in the case of candidates who are the children of registered Fishermen
- Certificate from the Director, Department of Women & Child Development for fee concession in the case of candidates who are inmates of Sri Chitra Home, Nirbhaya Home, Juvenile Home or any other such institution run by the Government.
The application fee needs to be paid in order to appear for the KLEE 2023 exam is as follows.
- For SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 325/-
- All other candidates: Rs. 650/-
Mode of payment
- Applicants can pay the fee in online mode using options like a credit card/ debit card or internet banking.
- Alternatively, the candidates can also download the bank challan from the website and pay the fee by cash.
KLEE 2023 Exam pattern
Those who are preparing for the KLEE Entrance Exam 2023 should check the exam pattern given below.
For LLB Entrance Exam
- Mode of exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of Questions: 200
- Duration of the exam: 2 hours
- Maximum Marks: 600 marks
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 3 marks
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Arithmetic and Mental Ability||25||75|
|Aptitude for Legal Studies||70||31|
For LLM Exam
- Examination mode: Online (Computer based test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQs
- Number of Questions: 200
- Examination Duration: 3 hours
- Maximum Marks: 600 Marks
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Parts||Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part – A||Jurisprudence||25||75|
|Law of Crimes||25||75|
|Law of Contracts||25||75|
|Part – B||Public International Law||20||60|
|Law of Property||20||60|
|Interpretation of statutes||10||30|
|Law of Torts||10||30|
KLEE 2023 Admit Card
- Admit cards for those candidates who will submit the application form before the last date will be uploaded on the official website.
- To download an admit card, candidates have to enter their application number and password.
- In case of any discrepancy with the admit card, candidates may request a correction online.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam center without a valid KLEE admit card 2023.
- It is also important to carry a valid photo ID proof will appear for the exam.
KLEE Result 2023
- After conducting the exam, authorities will publish the result on the official website.
- The result will be made available in the form of a merit list comprises roll number, score, and rank of the candidate.
- Only those candidates will get KLEE 2023 ranks who will secure more than qualifying marks.
- Before the result, answer keys will also be available on the official website.
KLEE 2023 Counselling
- Candidates successful in the entrance exam will be called to take part in KLEE Counselling 2023.
- The counselling schedule will be available only after the declaration of result.
- Aspirants seeking admission must know that the counselling will be held in online mode. In this process, candidates have to choose the college for admission.
- The seats are allotted as per the ranks of the applicants and choice filled by them during counseling.
- The admissions are finalized after the document verification and payment of the required fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: 1 – Does all the private law colleges in Kerala provide admission through KLEE exam?
Answer: No, not all the colleges accept KLEE score for admission. Some colleges will accept CLAT score instead of KLEE 2023.
Question: 2 – Do I need to submit a hardcopy of the application form and documents after submitting the same online?
Answer: No, there is no need to submit any hardcopy.
Question: 3 – Will the authorities will send admit card to the applicants by post?
Answer: Admit cards for all the candidates will be uploaded online. Authorities will not send admit card by post to any candidate.