MBBS admissions into KIIT will be given on the basis of NEET exam. Enrolment to the selected candidates will be granted into the Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS). NEET qualified candidates can opt for admissions into KIIT MBBS college during DGHS counseling. The final decision regarding the admissions will be made by the institute subject to fulfillment of eligibility and other criteria by the candidates. Interested candidates can find the complete details related to KIIT MBBS Admission 2021 from the article below.
KIIT MBBS 2021 Admission Process
Admission into the medical college of KIIT will be offered as per the following:
- Candidates will have to appear and qualify their NEET exam 2021.
- The qualified candidates will then have to register themselves for the counseling conducted by DGHS.
- Seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their choice and ranking.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat in the KIMS will have to report to the college to complete the admission formalities.
Below given are the tentative dates for KIIT MBBS Admission 2021. The actual dates will be updated after the official announcement.
|Beginning of online registration and choice filling for 1st round of counseling conducted by DGHS||June 2021, 2nd week|
|Choice locking||June 2021, 3rd week|
|Allotment of seat||June 2021, 3rd week|
|Seat allotment result declaration||June 2021, 4th week|
|Reporting for admissions||June 2021, 4th week|
|Beginning of online registration and choice filling for 2nd round of counseling conducted by DGHS||July 2021, 1st week|
|Choice locking||July 2021, 2nd week|
|Allotment of seat||July 2021, 2nd week|
|Seat allotment result declaration||July 2021, 2nd week|
|Reporting for admissions||August 2021, 1st week|
|Online registration and choice filling for mop-up round||August 2021, 3rd week|
|Seat allotment result declaration||August 2021, 3rd week|
|Reporting to the institute for mop-up admissions||August 2021, last week|
Counseling & Seat Allotment
- Counseling for admissions into KIIT MBBS 2021 will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
- The candidates are required to register themselves on the official website mcc.nic.in in order to be eligible for counseling.
- In the registration form, the applicants will have to provide their basic personal and educational details.
- The successfully registered candidates will then be eligible for providing choice for the institute in which they want admission.
- To be considered for KIIT MBBS admission 2021, the candidates must provide it as their top preference.
- After providing their choices in order of preference, the candidates will have to lock the final choices.
- Allotment of seats will be done on the basis of the choice made by the candidates and their rank in NEET.
- The candidates will also have to pay a registration fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category candidates).
- Payment of the fee can be done online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
Result of seat allotment
- After the final locking of choices, process of seat allotment will start.
- Based on the choices provided by the candidates and their All India Rank in NEET 2019, seats will be allotted to them.
- Result of the seat allotment will be released in the form of list on the official website.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat in the KIIT MBBS college will have to report to the institute to take admission.
KIIT MBBS Admission 2021
- The candidates who are allotted a seat in the KIIT MBBS should report to the institute as per the given schedule.
- Applicants must carry their important documents (original and photocopy) while reporting for admission.
- Physical appearance of the candidates at the time of admission is mandatory.
- All the certificates of the candidates as well as their eligibility will be verified.
- After successful verification and submission of fees, final enrolment will be granted to the candidates.
- Candidates who are not able to report for admissions in the specified time limit will forfeit their seats.
- Admission to the vacant MBBS seats in KIMS will be offered through institutional mop-up counseling.
- To be eligible for institutional mop-up counseling, the candidates must also register themselves online on the official KIMS website www.kims.kiit.ac.in.
The applicants reporting to the medical college for admissions must carry the documents mentioned in the list below. All the documents must be carried in original and one set of self-attested photocopies. Candidates failing to present these documents will not be considered for admission.
- Scorecard of NEET
- Rank card of NEET
- NEET hall ticket/ admit card
- Class 10th mark sheet for proof of date of birth
- Mark sheet of class 12th
- Passing certificate of class 12th
- Conduct and character certificate obtained on the school/ college letterhead or pad (no other certificate in lieu of this will be accepted)
- Transfer certificate or school/ college leaving certificate issued by the school/ college (no other certificate in lieu of this will be accepted)
- Fees to be paid in the form of demand draft drawn in favor of KIMS payable at Bhubaneswar (as applicable for the programme)
- Two recent and identical passport size photographs