KEAM 2020: Admit Card(out), Exam Date(16 July), Eligibility, Syllabus
Kerala Engineering Architecture and Medical 2020 (KEAM 2020) exam is a state level entrance exam to be conducted by CEE. This exam will be organized to shortlist the candidates for admission to Engineering and pharmacy courses. Various renowned institutes in the state of Kerala will participate in this exam. Please note that the application form for KEAM 2020 will be available from 7th February 2020.
The candidates aspiring for KEAM 2020 can check all the necessary details such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern etc. from this article.
KEAM admit card is now available to download.
KEAM 2020 is now scheduled to be held on 16th July 2020.
KEAM 2020 which was scheduled earlier to be held on 20th & 21st April 2020 has been postponed till further notice.
The last date to apply for KEAM 2020 has been extended till 29th Feb 2020.
KEAM 2020 application form is now available.
KEAM 2020 is scheduled to be held on 7th February 2020.
KEAM 2020 exam date out. The exam is scheduled to be held on 20-21st April 2020.
KEAM 2020 Important Dates
The official schedule for KEAM 2020 is given below:
|Starting of online application form submission||1st February 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||29th Feb 2020|
|Correction window||Last week of March 2020|
|Availability of Admit card|
|Date of exam|
|Declaration of result||Last week of May 2020|
|CAP 2020 (counselling)||To be declared|
Note: The exact dates will be updated on this post after the release of official notification.
KEAM 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates have to fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible for KEAM 2020 exam
- Only Indian candidates are eligible to apply for this exam. PIO/OCI will also be considered as Indian candidates.
- The age of an applicant should be at least 17 years as on 31st December 2020.
- For medical and allied courses, the upper age will be as per NEET (UG) 2020 notification.
For BAMS/ BHMS/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Agri./ B.Sc. (Hons) Forestry/ B.F.Sc. courses
- The candidate must have passed the higher secondary exam, Kerala or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in biology and 50% marks combined in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
For MBBS, BDS, BSMS courses
- The applicant should have passed the higher secondary exam, Kerala or equivalent with at least 50% marks in Biology/ Biotechnology and a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology combined.
- The candidates must also have a valid NEET 2020 score.
For BUMS course:
- For BUMS, the candidate must have passed HSC, Kerala or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks in Biology and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology combined.
- In addition to this, the candidates should have studied Urdu/Arabic/Persian as a subject at class 10th level or passed the Urdu entrance exam conducted by recognized university/board/registered society
For B.V.Sc & AH courses:
- The candidate must have passed HSC, Kerala or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks aggregate in PCB and English subject.
For Engineering Courses:
- The applicant must have passed HSC, Kerala or equivalent exam with 50% marks in Maths and at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology/ Biology subject (40% for management quota seats in private colleges)
For Architecture Courses:
- The candidates having passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with mathematics as a subject and at least 50% marks can apply.
- The students with 10+3 diploma in any stream with 50% marks and mathematics as a subject can also apply.
- Candidates having IB Diploma after 10 years of schooling with at least 50% marks and mathematics as a subject can also apply.
- Along with these qualifications, every candidate must have a valid NATA 2020 score as well.
For B.Pharma courses:
- The applicants having passed HSC, kerala or equivalent exam with at least 50% marks in Physics, chemistry and Biology/Mathematics combined and Biology/Mathematics alone can also apply.
Note: The relaxation in qualifying marks will be given according to the reservation policy of CEE.
KEAM 2020 Application Form
The application form for KEAM 2020 exam will be available in online mode through the official website i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in. The candidates have to enter all the mandatory information asked in the application form such as educational qualification, personal details and contact details. Apart from the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature.
After submitting the application form online, the candidates have to send the printout of duly filled application form along with the relevant documents at the following address:
The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings
Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram-695 001
The application fee for KEAM 2020 exam will be submitted by online methods or via e-challan. The application fees for different categories are as follows:
|Courses||General candidates||SC candidates|
|Architecture/ Medical & Allied/ Both||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 200/-|
|Engineering/ B.Pharm/ Both||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 300/-|
|All of the above||Rs. 900/-||Rs. 400/-|
Note: The ST candidates are exempted of application fee. Candidates choosing Dubai as an exam center will be required to pay Rs. 12000/- additional.
Overview of KEAM 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for KEAM 2020 is given below:
- Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR sheet based)
- Papers in Exam: 2 (Paper 1 for Physics & Chemistry and Paper 2 for Mathematics)
- Duration of Exam: 150 Minutes
- Scoring Pattern: 4 Marks will be awarded for a correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 1 Mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Note: For admission to engineering courses the candidates have to attempt both Paper 1 and Paper 2. For pharmacy admission, the candidates have to attempt only Paper 1.
Detailed exam pattern
|Papers||Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 1||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
Prescribed Syllabus for KEAM Aspirants
The question paper of KEAM 2020 will generally be based on the curriculum of class 11th and 12th. The important topics from each subject are as follows. It will give you an overview of KEAM syllabus:
- Physics: Measurement, Motion in One Dimension, Motion in Two and Three Dimensions, Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy And Power, Motion Of System Of Particles And Rigid Body Rotation, Gravitation, Mechanics Of Solids And Fluids, Heat And Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect Of Current And Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction And Alternating Current etc.
- Mathematics: Trigonometry, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, and calculus.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Periodic Properties Of Elements And Hydrogen, Chemical Equilibrium, Surface Chemistry, Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry etc.
Here are some tips the candidates should follow to score good marks in KEAM 2020 entrance exam.
- Regular study is the key to success. Make sure you study for at least 4-5 hours a day.
- Solve previous year question papers and mock test. Analyze your mistakes and try not to repeat them.
- Make a strong foundation by clearing your basic concept rather than focusing on memorizing everything.
- Keep revising the topics you have studies. Making short notes of each topic will help you revising at a much faster rate.
- Make short-term goals and try your best to achieve them. It will automatically prepare you for the exam in a long term.
Recommended Books for KEAM 2020
Apart from the Class 11th and 12th textbooks, the candidates may follow below-mentioned help books for their KEAM 2020 preparation.
- For Mathematics: RD Sharma and RS Aggarwal
- For chemistry: Arihant Publication (for organic chemistry) and P. Tandon (Physical and Inorganic Chemistry)
- For Physics: H. C. Verma and D.C. Pandey
KEAM 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for KEAM 2020 will be made available for download at the official website. The candidates have to enter their application number and date of birth in order to download the admit card. The aspirant will be required to carry a printout of downloaded admit card at the exam center. The candidate will not be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
KEAM 2020 Result
The result as well as the merit list of the exam will be announced on the official website of CEE. Separate merit will be prepared for different courses. After the declaration of result, the rank cards of the candidates will also be updated on the official website. The candidates will be called for KEAM 2020 counselling process solely on the basis of their ranks.
KEAM Counselling 2020
The KEAM 2020 counselling or centralized allotment process will be processed through the single window system (SWS). The candidates have to fill in their choices of colleges at the time of counseling. The candidates have to get their documents verified during the centralized allotment process. The allotment of seats will be done strictly on the basis of merit.
Official website: http://www.cee-kerala.org/