Karnataka Polytechnic 2023 is expected to release in the last week of April 2023. The Department of Technical Education invites application from candidates of Karnataka for admission to the 1st year diploma courses. Selected candidates will be offered admissions into Government, Aided and Private Polytechnics (surrendered seats only) of the State. Only the candidates who meet the eligibility requirements prescribed by the department should proceed with karnataka polytechnic 2023 application form. Detailed information about the Karnataka Polytechnic 2023 is provided in this article.
Karnataka Polytechnic 2023
- All important information related to all stages of admission will be sent through SMS to the registered mobile.
- Those obtaining admission under Super Numerary Quota are not eligible for change of course and polytechnic after final round.
- Candidates who have passed the class 10th Exam conducted by any board other than Karnataka SSLC shall produce Eligibility Certificates obtained from the Secretary, Board of Technical Examinations.
- Application form submitted without the important documents will not be considered for further processing.
- Those who fail to get their documents and eligibility verified will not be granted final admission.
Karnataka Polytechnic 2023 Schedule
The important dates (tentative) related to Karnataka Polytechnic 2023 are mentioned in the table below. Actual dates will be updated after the release of official notification.
|Release of admission notification||Last week of April 2023|
|Availability of application for download||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date of availability of application form||3rd week of May 2023|
|Submission of application form at Document Verification centers||1st week of May 2023|
|Last date for application submission||3rd week of May 2023|
|Display of provisional merit list||3rd week of May 2023|
|Submission of objections in merit list||3rd week of May 2023|
|Release of final merit list||4th week of May 2023|
|Offline admission for Scouts & Guides, Horanadau Kannadiga, Gadinadu Kannadiga, NCC, ITI, ICI, AI, Sports & Games, JOC candidate||4th week of May 2023|
|On-Line admission for JTS, Defence, Ex-Defence, PH candidates||4th week of May 2023|
|Beginning of counseling round||Last week of May 2023|
Karnataka Polytechnic 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the candidates applying for Karnataka Polytechnic admission process 2023:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must have completed 5 years of academic study in Karnataka including qualifying examination.
- Applicants should have passed Karnataka S.S.L.C or equivalent examination by securing 35% marks in aggregate.
Eligibility for admission to Evening Polytechnic
- The candidate who wish to apply to S.J.Govt. (Evening) Polytechnic, Bengaluru and M.E.I (Evening) Polytechnic, Bengaluru (Aided) must be working in establishment situated in and around Bengaluru city.
- The candidate should have minimum 02 years of working experience in respective technical field after passing SSLC.
- A no objection certificate from employer will also be required under this condition.
Karnataka Polytechnic 2023 Application Form
The candidate will be able to download the application form and information brochure from DTE website www.dte.kar.nic.in. After downloading, they need to fill the form in English and in CAPITAL letters only.
- Details like name, date of birth, parent’s name, SSLC passing year, register number, marks obtained, district code, category, etc should be entered into the form.
- Candidates also need to affix their recent passport size photograph on the form and should get it signed by their parents and themselves.
- Application form completely filled in every respect can be submitted along with one set of self-attested photocopies of the relevant documents and admission fee receipt at the nearest Document Verification Centers.
- The Document Verification Center will upload the application submitted and will issue a printed copy of uploaded application and acknowledgement.
- Copy of the application and acknowledgement should be kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
The application fee for general candidates will be Rs. 100/- and for SC/ ST/ CAT I candidates the fee will be Rs. 50/-.
The following documents should be carried by the candidates while reporting at the Document Verification Centers:
- SSLC or equivalent exam marks card/ attested marks extract from Head Master
- Original Transfer Certificate/ TC Endorsement (NOC) from the concerned Institutions
- Study certificate (for a minimum five years period should be countersigned by the concerned Block Educational Officer)
- Rural Certificate (for candidates claiming the benefit of rural reservation)
- Kannada medium study certificate (For candidates claiming the benefit of Kannada Medium reservation)
- Eligibility Certificate (for candidates passing from board other than Karnataka SSLC)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Physical fitness certificate issued by the Registered Medical Practitioner
- Passport size recent photographs
Karnataka Polytechnic 2023 Merit List
- A draft merit list of the candidates will be drawn on the basis of the information furnished by them in their application form.
- This list will be published on the official website of DTE and also be intimated by the way of SMS on heir registered mobile number.
- The candidate can file objections to the draft merit in case they find any discrepancy in their details.
- Authorities will consider these objections and after making necessary rectification will release the final merit list.
- Again the final list will be uploaded on the official website and the intimation regarding the same will be sent to the candidates.
Karnataka Polytechnic 2023 Selection Process
- Online counseling will be held for the shortlisted candidates at the Nodal Centers as per the schedule announced by the candidates.
- Different rounds of counseling will be held depending on the number of students applying and vacancy available.
- Candidates need to report for counseling along with the relevant documents, application form copy, acknowledgment copy and photographs.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates after the successful verification of their documents based on their choice and merit.
- Upon allocation of seat and payment of prescribed fee, admission order will be issued to the candidates.
- The selected candidate has to take admission in respective Polytechnic and should report there with their admission order and all original documents.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the provision for cancellation of admission?
Answer: The candidates willing to cancel their admission are eligible to claim only the miscellaneous fee except tuition fee and development fee from the respective polytechnics where the candidates have got admitted.
Question 2: How can I provide the choice for the course in which I seek admission?
Answer: The candidates will be allowed to provide the choice for course specialization at the time when they are called to attend counseling.
Question 3: If I don’t want to go through admission process can I get a refund of my application fee?
Answer: No. Once the application form and fee is submitted, it will not be refunded under any circumstances.