Karnataka PGCET 2020: Application, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will conduct the Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam in order to shortlist the candidates for admission to different postgraduate professional courses i.e. MCA, MBA, ME, M.Tech and M.Arch. It is expected that the application form will be available in the month of May 2020 and mode of application will be online.
It is advised the candidates should ensure their eligibility before applying. In this article, we will discuss complete details regarding the Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam including important dates, exam pattern, syllabus, application form, application fee etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Important Dates
The interested candidates can check the tentative schedule for Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam form the table given below. The exact dates will be updated in this post as soon as the KEA releases the official notification.
|Important Event||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||3rd week of May 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of June 2020|
|Last date to make application fee payment in bank||2nd week of June 2020|
|Release of admit card||1st week of July 2020|
|Date of Karnataka PGCET exam||2nd week of July 2020|
|Declaration of result||August 2020|
|Starting of counselling process||August/ September 2020|
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be as follows:
Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR Sheet Based Test)
Type of Questions: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions will be asked.
Duration of Exam: 150 Minutes
Marking Scheme: Different for all the courses.
Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking
Karnataka PGCET syllabus 2020
The syllabus of Karnataka PGCET 2020 entrance exam will be as per the course for which the candidates are looking to apply. However, candidates can check the important topics from each subject as given below:
For MBA: Synonyms, Pairs expressing relationships, Antonyms, Idioms and phrases, Economics, Global Environment, Awards, Historical Events, Verbal Ability, Diagrams, Related Aspects, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Related Quantitative Aspects etc.
For MCA: Mathematics (Algebra, Co-Ordinate Geometry, Vector, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics), Computer Awareness (Computer Basics, Data Representation, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, General English) etc.
For M.Arch: Architectural Theory, History of Architecture, Contemporary Architecture, Urban Design, Planning Theory & techniques, Landscape Design & Environmental Planning, Housing, City planning, etc
How to prepare for Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam?
It is expected that a large number of aspirants are going to apply for the Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam. So, it is obvious that the competition level is going to be very high. Here are some tips that can help candidates to do well in the exam.
- First of all, make a practical timetable which you can follow easily. Stick to this timetable as far as possible.
- Collect the best study material as per the syllabus and exam pattern. You should follow the high quality books from renowned writers only.
- Read news paper daily and go through a good current affair magazine to do well in the General awareness questions.
- Solve at least 2 previous year question papers on a weekly basis.
- Make short notes of important topics, so that you can revise them quickly.
- Keep yourself stress free and maintain a healthy life style.
Karnataka PGCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates should fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below in order to appear for the Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam.
- The candidates should have passed qualifying exam from the state of Karnataka
- The candidates who haven’t passed the qualifying exam from the state of Karnataka but studied for at least 7 years in the state of Karnataka can also apply.
- Wards of ex-servicemen who at the time of joining the defense forces declared his/her home town in Karnataka can also apply.
For Full time MBA
- The candidate should have a bachelors degree with at least 50% marks (45% for the candidates from SC/ ST and category – I of Karnataka candidates)
For Part time MBA
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for the candidates from SC/ ST and category – I of Karnataka candidates)
- In addition to this, the candidate should have worked for 3 year in any organization in 40 km radius from the desired institute.
- The candidate should have a Bachelors degree with any of the Mathematics, statistics, computer science, computer application, computer programming, Business mathematics, and Business statistics as one of the subject.
- Must have obtained at least 50% marks in graduation.
For Full Time ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch Course
- The candidate must have a valid GATE score
- The applicant must have a relevant bachelors degree i.e BE/ B.Tech/ B.Arch with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/Cat-I candidates from Karnataka)
Note: The applicant having B.Sc degree with mathematics as one of the compulsory subject can apply for M.Tech course offered by Kuvempu University.
Karnataka PGCET Application Form 2020
The application form for the Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be released only in online mode through the official website. The candidates need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. In the application form, the candidates need to enter all the educational and personal details such as name, gender, address, qualifying exam passed, marks in qualifying exam etc. In addition to the details, the candidates need to upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
Please check all the details entered in the application form before submitting as the incomplete and incorrect application form will be rejected.
The Karnataka PGCET 2020 application fee for different categories will be as follows:
For General/ OBC candidates: Rs. 650/-
For SC/ST candidates: Rs. 500/-
Mode of Payment
- The candidates need to pay the application fee in cash via bank challan. The bank challan can be downloaded from the official website.
Karnataka PGCET 2020 Admit card
The admit card for Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam will release in online mode through the official website. It is expected that the admit card will be available in the first week of July 2020. All the information related to the exam date, time and venue will be mentioned on the admit card. It is compulsory for every candidate to carry the admit card at the exam center.
Karnataka PGCET Result 2020
The result of Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be announced on the official website. The candidates who appeared for the exam can check the result by entering their roll number. In addition to the result, the authorities will release the merit list of the successful candidates. Please that the separate merit list will be published for different courses.
Karnataka PGCET Counselling 2020
The counselling for Karnataka PGCET 2020 will be organized in online mode. During the counselling process, the candidates have to enter their choice of branch and college. The allotment of seats will be done as per the marks scored by the candidates in the exam and availability of seats. In case any candidate is not satisfied with the allotted seat then he/she can appear for the next round of counselling