Karnataka PGCET 2017 which is also known as the Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2017 is organized every year for the selecting the candidates for the courses of M.E./M.Tech. in Karnataka engineering colleges. It shall be conducted on 1st July 2017 (ME/M.Tech/M.Arch) & 2nd July 2017 (MCA/MBA). For the candidates who are GATE qualified, they don’t need to appear for this exam. The non-GATE candidates must appear for this exam to avail the admissions. Read more details about the Karnataka PGCET 2017 below.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 application form has been made available now. Candidates can find the direct link of application below.
Karnataka PGCET – About the Exam
- Exam name: Karnataka PGCET
- Also known as: Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test
- Conducting authority: Karnataka Examinations Authority
- Level of Exam: State Level
Karnataka PGCET 2017 – Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility conditions for an exam are nothing but a set of some rules and conditions. These are generally set by the conducting authorities of the exam with an intention to determine the eligibility of the candidates. For being eligible to take the exam, the candidates essentially need to satisfy these criteria by all means. Otherwise, they shall not be allowed to appear in the exam or participate in the selection process of the same. The eligibility criteria for the Karnataka PGCET 2017 exam are given as follows.
- The candidates must be a resident of Karnataka state.
- The candidates must have passed the B.Tech./B.E. degree with a minimum percentage of 50% (45% for reserved category candidates).
Karnataka PGCET 2017 – Application Form
For all the candidates who are interested in pursuing the M.Tech. or M.E. courses from the Karnataka state colleges must submit the applications for the Karnataka PGCET 2017 exam. This shall be done by filling and submitting the application form for the exam. The candidates must apply for the exam using the online mode through the official exam portal. The application process shall start from 19th May 2017. The link along with the instructions to fill the form are given below.
- The applications shall be available on the link above. However, the direct link shall be updated here later.
- To begin with, the candidates need to register on the link provided above.
- A username and a password combination will be sent on the email ID submitted in the previous step.
- The candidates must use these credentials to log in to the website. They must also note down the application number generated thereafter.
- Then, the candidates must fill the complete form with all the personal details as asked such as personal and academic details.
- Then, they shall be required to upload the scanned copies of the documents required such as the photograph, thumb impression and signatures in specified formats.
- Then, the candidates must proceed to the payment of application fee by downloading an e-challan.
- After the payment has been done, the candidates must update the challan details in the application form.
- The candidates must then SUBMIT the form. It is advised to keep a printout of the application form safe for future reference.
Link of application- Click Here
Karnataka PGCET 2017 – Exam Pattern
By the exam pattern, we mean the internal structure of the questions. Basically, the details about the question paper and its contents are what the exam pattern depicts. To be specific, things like the marking scheme of the exam, the type of questions put up in the question paper, the total marks and the total time allotted to the exam paper etc. All such details about the Karnataka PGCET 2017 exam pattern are given as follows.
- The medium of the question paper will be English only.
- The time duration of the exam is 120 minutes.
- The question paper shall contain 2 parts for 100 marks each.
- In part-1, total 50 questions will be put up for 1 mark each.
- In part-2, total 25 questions will be put up for 2 marks each.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 – Admit Card
The admit card for the Karnataka PGCET 2017 exam shall be released on 20th June 2017. The candidates shall be required to download the admit card from the official website. The admit card is one of the exam’s important documents which must be preserved by the candidates. this is because it shall be required at the time of written exam. Without the admit card, the candidates shall not be allowed to appear for the written exam.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 – Cut Off
The cut-off marks for the Karnataka PGCET 2017 shall be released by its conducting authority. It shall be released along with the result of the exam. Candidates shall be able to check the cut-off score from the official website. The cut-off score is a minimum score set by the conducting authority in order to determine the candidates who pass the exam. Candidates obtaining marks greater than the cut-off score shall be called as qualified for the exam.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 – Result
The result for the Karnataka PGCET 2017 exam shall be released in the month of August 2017 after a few days of the exam. The result shall be released on the official website from where the candidates can check it. Through the result, the names of the candidates who have successfully qualified the exam will be known. The qualified candidates from the written exam result will later be called for the counselling process. The direct link to check the result will also be updated here.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 – Important Dates
|Online application submission starts from||19th May 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form online||1st June 2017 till 5.30 PM|
|Deadline for making payment of fee in the specified bank||2nd June 2017 (During bank hours)|
|Admission ticket will be made available||20th June 2017|
|Date of examination||1st July 2017 (ME/M.Tech/M.Arch) & 2nd July 2017 (MCA/MBA)|
|Date of announcement of the result||July 2017|