Karnataka PGCET 2023: Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will conduct the Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2023 to screen the candidates looking for admission into MBA/ MCA/ ME/ M. Tech/ M. Arch courses. It is a state-level exam that acts as a gateway for admission into a large number of institutes and universities in Karnataka. Please note that through the Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam, candidates can get admission into both full-time and part-time courses. Interested candidates have to fill and submit the application form online. The exam will take place in offline mode using OMR Sheets only.
Karnataka PGCET 2023
- Incomplete and incorrect application forms are summarily rejected.
- Candidates must bring their Blue or Black ink ballpoint pens in order to mark correct answers in the OMR sheet.
- There is no provision for negative marking in the entrance exam. So, candidates may attempt a maximum number of questions.
- Counselling will include multiple rounds depending upon the availability of seats.
- Candidates will be allowed to carry non-programmable calculators for M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch entrance exam.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Schedule
|Availability of the application form in online mode||September 2022|
|Last date for the application form submission||October 2022|
|Last date to pay the application fee in a bank||October 2022|
|Release of an admit card||November 2022|
|Date of Karnataka PGCET examination||November 2022|
|Result declaration||December 2023|
|Beginning of the counselling process||December 2023|
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria depend upon the course in which the candidates are looking for admission.
General Eligibility (Common for all the courses)
- The candidates should have passed the qualifying exam from an institute located in the state of Karnataka.
- Aspirants who haven’t passed the qualifying exam from Karnataka but studied in the state of Karnataka for the duration of at least 7 years can apply.
- Wards of those ex-servicemen who have declared Karnataka as their home/ home town at the time of Joining can also apply.
MBA (Full Time)
- Aspirants must have passed the bachelor’s degree or equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. (45% for SC/ ST and Category – I of Karnataka candidates)
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks. (45% for SC/ ST and category – I of Karnataka candidates).
- Also, the candidates must have work experience of at least 3 years after possessing a graduation degree.
- The organization in which the candidate is working should be in the range of 40 km from the institute.
MCA (Full Time)
- Applicants must have cleared the graduation exam with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Computer Programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects.
- Aspirants should have at least 50% marks in the graduation degree exam (45% for SC/ ST and Category – I of Karnataka candidates).
- Also, the candidates must have passed any of the above subjects with at least 50% marks at 10+2 (PUC) level. 45% for reserved category candidates.
ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch
- The aspirant must have a valid GATE Score.
- Applicants should have a relevant bachelor’s degree i.e. BE/ B.Tech/ B.Arch with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/Cat-I candidates from Karnataka).
- Candidates having a work experience of more than 3 years in an organization located within 40 km of the institute can apply for part-time M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch. However, such candidates also need to have a relevant bachelors degree with at least 50% marks
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Application Form
The candidates will get the facility to apply for the Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam in online mode only. Check out the important details regarding the application process.
- The first step of the application process is registration on the official website.
- In the registration form, the candidates have to provide some of their basic details like Name, email address, phone number, etc.
- Once registered, the candidates may access the main application form. In this form, the candidates have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Applicants also need to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- Make sure you enter the correct details only because the authorities are going to verify the documents later on.
- Payment of the application fee is also necessary after submitting the application form.
- Keep a printout of the submitted application form and fee receipt safe for future requirements.
- The application fees of Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam are as follows
- General/ OBC candidates: Rs. 650/-
- SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 500/-
- Applicants have to pay the fee offline by cash using a bank challan. Aspirants may download the bank challan from the official website.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates preparing of Karnataka PGCET 2023 may check the exam pattern explained below.
- Mode of examination: Offline (OMR sheet based test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Exam duration: 150 minutes
- Marking Pattern: Varies for different courses
- Negative Marking: Not applicable
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus of Karnataka PGCET 2023 exam varies for different courses. We have listed below some important topics for various popular courses.
- Civil Engineering: Elements of Civil Engineering & Strength of Materials, Building Engineering Science, Surveying, Fluid Mechanics, Structures, Geo-Technical Engineering, Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering: Process Calculations, Fluid Mechanics, Mechanical Operations, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Reaction Kinetics, Process Control.
- Computer Science and Engineering: Engineering Mathematics, Data Structures and Algorithms, System Software, Operating Systems, Databases, Computer Networks, etc.
- Environmental Engineering: Environmental Chemistry, Biology and Ecology, Microbiology, Ecology, Water Supply and Treatment, Wastewater and Treatment, Solid and Hazardous Wastes Management, Atmospheric Pollution and Control
- Textile Engineering: Textile Fibers, Yarn Manufacturer: Ginning and Baling, Modern Yarn Production Methods, Fabric Manufacture, Chemical Processing of Textiles Fashion
- Electrical Science: Engineering Mathematics, Electric Circuits and Fields, Analog and Digital Electronics, Control Systems, Microprocessors
- Mechanical Science: Engineering Materials, Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics Theory of Machines, Design of Machine Elements
- Architecture: City Planning, Housing, Visual and Urban Design, History of Architecture, Development of Contemporary Architecture
- Polymer Science and Technology: Fluid Mechanics and Statics, Chemical Process Calculations, Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Polymer Science, Polymerization Kinetics.
- Mathematics and Computer Science: Analytical Geometry of 2-d, Analytical Geometry of 3-d, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability, Statistics, Combinational Analysis, etc.
- Biotechnology: Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Process Biotechnology, Chemical/ Bioprocess Engineering, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, Characteristics of Animal Cells Immunology, etc.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Admit Card
- After the application form submission, the authorities will upload the admit cards online.
- To download an admit card, candidates need to visit the official website and provide the registration number.
- An admit card comprises information related to the examination date, timing, and venue.
- All the candidates have to bring a hardcopy of the admit card at the exam center.
- Also, carry one original photo ID proof along with the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without ID proof or admit card.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Result
- Those who will appear for the exam can check their results online via official website.
- Candidates need to provide their roll numbers in order to check the result.
- Apart from the result, the authorities will also publish different merit lists for various courses.
- The reservation policy of the Karnataka state will also be applied at the time of merit list creation.
- Candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be allowed to take part in the counselling process.
Karnataka PGCET 2023 Counselling
- To confirm their admission, candidates have to take part in the counselling process.
- The Counselling of Karnataka PGCET 2023 will be in online mode only.
- During counselling, the candidates have to provide their preference of branch and colleges.
- The seats are going to be allotted based on marks secured by candidates in the exam and choice filled during counselling.
- In case a candidate is not satisfied with the seat allotted then he/she may participate in the next round of counselling.
- The exact counselling schedule will be available after the result declaration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I have 49.9% marks in the qualifying exam. Can I apply for the entrance exam?
Answer: No, you are not eligible if you do not belong to a reserved category. Rounding of the percentage is not allowed.
Question – 2: Can I apply for more than one course?
Answer: Yes, you can apply if you are eligible for multiple courses.
Question – 3: Do I need to send the hardcopy of the submitted application form to the KEA office?
Answer: No, the application form must be submitted in online mode only.