The candidates desirous of admission in the B.Ed degree course of the Jamia Millia Islamia University need to clear an entrance exam conducted by the university. Application form for the same is expected to release in the month of February 2023 through online mode. Before applying, the candidates are suggested to make sure that they fulfill the required eligibility. Get complete details about the JMI B.Ed Admission 2023 such as exam pattern, admit card, important dates, etc from this post below.
JMI B.Ed 2023 Schedule
The tentative dates related to JMI B.Ed Admission 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Online application form release date||February 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date for submitting the application form||March 2023, 4th week|
|Uploading of admit card for download||April 2023, 3rd week|
|Date of exam||April 2023, 4th week|
|Uploading of call letter for interview||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Date of interview||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result||May 2023, last week|
|Admission process will commence from||June 2023, 1st week|
JMI B.Ed 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for JMI B.Ed entrance exam 2023:
- Those who have done their graduation and/ or post graduation in the school teaching subject are eligible.
- For those with graduation degree, at least 50% marks in aggregate in the school teaching subject is required. Candidates with post graduation degree need to secure 45% marks in their graduation in the school teaching subject and 50% marks in post graduation.
- Candidates who wish to select Commerce as teaching subject, they need a master’s degree in Commerce with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
Choice for teaching subject:
- Candidates will be allowed to select a subject group and a teaching subject from within the group for pursuing B.Ed course. It is mandatory that the candidates have studied this teaching subject in all years/ semesters of their graduation and the subject should have been counted in awarding the grades.
- At least two subjects from the same group (other than the main teaching subject) should also have been studied in graduation
- A pass in at least two teaching subjects up to graduation/ post graduation level is also required.
- Subject like General Urdu/ General English/ Compulsory Hindi, disciplines such as Mathematical Physics, Electronics, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, B.Sc (H) Nautical Science, Molecular Biology and B.Tech in any stream will not be considered as a school teaching subject.
|Subject group||Teaching subject|
|For Hindi or English Medium||For Urdu Medium|
Application Form for JMI B.Ed Admission 2023
Application forms for the JMI B.Ed Admission 2023 will be released online on the official website of the university www.jmicoe.in. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before they proceed with the application process.
- In the application form, the candidates have to provide their basic personal and educational details.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in the application form in scanned format.
- Details into the application form should be entered carefully as any incorrect information can lead to rejection of the form.
- Application form, complete and correct in every aspect, can then be submitted along with the prescribed application fee.
- The candidates should take keep a copy of the duly filled application form and keep it with them in case of future reference.
- Candidates need to submit an amount of Rs. 700/- as JMI B.Ed application fee.
- The application fee can be paid online using debit card, credit card or the facility of net banking.
JMI B.Ed 2023 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of JMI B.Ed 2023 entrance exam pattern is provided below:
- Exam duration: 3 minutes
- Medium of test: English (except for language paper)
- Number of questions: 170
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 170
- Marking scheme: For every right answer 1 mark will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative marking: For every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Language Proficiency Test in the language opted as medium of instruction||35||35|
|Subject Comprehension Test||60||60|
|General Ability Test (General Intelligence, General Awareness and Teaching Aptitude)||75||75|
JMI B.Ed 2023 Admit Card
- The link to download the admit card for JMI B.Ed 2023 exam will be made available on the official website of the university.
- Candidates will be able to download the electronic admit card by using their registration details.
- The candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it to exam center on the day of exam.
- To be safe from loss or damage multiple printouts of the admit card is suggested to be taken by the candidates.
- Admit card should be preserved by the candidates as it will be required at the time of admission also.
JMI B.Ed 2023 Interview Process
- A list of the candidates who clear the entrance exam will be prepared and displayed on the website of the university.
- Such candidates will be allowed to appear in the interview round as per the details communicated via their call letter.
- Candidates will be able to download their interview call letter from the official website only.
- Those who clear the interview round will then be considered for the final admissions.
JMI B.Ed 2023 Result
- Result of the JMI B.Ed entrance test 2023 is expected to be announced in the month of May 2023.
- Candidates can see their online result by visiting the official website of the JMI university.
- The authorities will prepare a merit list of the candidates as per their performance in the entrance exam and interview.
- Qualified candidates will then be invited for taking part in rest of the admission process.
JMI B.Ed 2023 Admission Process
- Candidates will be required to report for the admission process as per their names in the merit list.
- Details of the admission process along with the schedule and venue will be made available on the university’s website.
- Those reporting for the admission must carry with them all their documents in original and photocopy.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified only after which they will be offered final admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Do I need to send the hard copy of the application form to the university?
Answer: The application process is totally online and therefore there is no need to send the hard copy of the application form or any other document to anyone.
Question 2: Can I apply for the admissions on the basis of my graduation marks?
Answer: No. Every candidate desirous of admission in the B.Ed course needs to appear for and clear the entrance exam conducted by the university.
Question 3: Is it possible to get the admit card for the exam via post or courier?
Answer: No. The admit card for the B.Ed entrance exam will only be made available on the official website of the university.
Question 4: When should I expect the JMI B.Ed 2023 entrance exam to be conducted?
Answer: The JMI B.Ed entrance exam 2023 is expected to be conducted in the month of April 2023.
Question 5: I have not completed my qualifying degree yet. Can I apply for the B.Ed exam?
Answer: Candidates who will appear in their qualifying degree final year exam in the year 2023 can apply for the B.Ed 2023 exam. Such candidates however should clear their exam before the beginning of the admission process.