JMI Admission 2023– The Jamia Millia Islamia University grants admission to the interested and eligible candidates into its different UG, PG and diploma courses. Candidates can apply for any of these programs as per their choice given that they meet basic eligibility requirements. The application form for the admission is expected to be released in the month of February 2023. For some courses, entrance exam will be conducted, for other merit in qualifying exam might be considered. Get complete details of the JMI Admission 2023 from this article below.
The following courses are offered at the Jamia Millia Islamia University:
|B.A., B.A. (Hons) in Korean Language/ Turkish Language & Literature/ Arabic/ English/ Hindi/ Mass Media Hindi/ History/ Islamic Studies/ Persian/ Sanskrit/ Urdu/ Sociology/ Economics/ Political Science/ Psychology||B.Vocational in Food Production/ Medical Laboratory Sciences/ Medical Electrophysiology|
|Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management||Bachelor of Hotel Management|
|B.Lib.I.Sc. (Bachelor of Library & Information Science)||B.Ed./ B.Ed. (Special Education)/ B.Ed. (Nursery Education)|
|B.Tech in Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication/ Mechanical Engg.||B.F.A. in Applied Art/ Art Education/ Painting/ Sculpture|
|B.Sc, B.Sc. Aeronautics (Mechanical/ Avionics)|
|M.A. in Arabic/ English/ Hindi/ History/ Islamic Studies/ Urdu/ Sanskrit/ Economics/ Social Work/ Human Resource Management/ Sociology/ Political Science/ Human Rights & Duties Education/ Public Administration/ Applied Psychology/ Educational Planning and Administration/ Education/ Mass Communication/ Convergent Journalism/ Development Communication/ Visual Effects and Animation/ Politics: International & Area Studies/ Conflict Analysis and Peace Building/ Comparative Religion/ Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy/ International Relations-West Asian Studies/ Media Governance/ Gender Studies/ International Studies –Arab Islamic Culture/ Early Childhood Development||M.Tech. Energy Sciences/ Computational Mathematics/ Environmental Science & Engineering/ Earthquake Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Electrical Power System & Management/ Control & Instrumentation System/ Electronics & Communication Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Production and Industrial Engg./ Nano technology|
|Master of Tourism and Travel Management||Master of Hotel Management|
|M.Sc in Banking and Financial Analytics/ Electronics||M.Lib.I.Sc (Masters of Library & Information Science)|
|M.F.A. in Applied Art/ Art Education/ Art History & Art Appreciation/ Graphic Art/ Print Making/ Painting/ Sculpture||M.Arch in Architecture Pedagogy/ Healthcare Architecture/ Building Services/ Recreational Architecture/ Urban Regeneration/ Ekistics/|
|L.L.M.||M.Sc in Biophysics/ Mathematics Education|
|M.B.A., M.B.A. in International Business/ Entrepreneurship & Family Business/ Tourism and Travel||M.P.T in Sports/ Orthopedics/ Neurology/ Cardiopulmonary|
|M.Ed., M.Ed. (Special Education)|
|PG Diploma in Still Photography & Visual Communication||P.G. Diploma in TV Journalism (Hindi Medium)|
|PG Diploma in Iranolgy (Part-time)||PG Diploma in Urdu Mass Media|
|PG Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management||PG Diploma in Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Design Thinking|
|Advanced Diploma in Public Health||Advanced Diploma in Counselling Psychology|
|Diploma in Unani Pharmacy||Diploma Engineering (Civil / Computer / Electrical/ Electronics / Mechanical)|
|P.G. Diploma in Educational Management||Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.)|
|P.G. Diploma in Labour Law||P.G. Diploma in Air and Space Law|
|PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology||P.G. Diploma in Journalism (Hindi Medium)|
|PG Diploma in Acting||PG Diploma in Molecular Diagnostics|
JMI Admission 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to the JMI Admission 2023 are provided in the table below:
|Availability of prospectus||February 2023, 3rd week|
|Online application form release date||February 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date to submit the application form||March 2023, 4th week|
|Opening of application correction window||March 2023, 4th week|
|Closing of application correction window||March 2023, last week|
|Issue of admit card||April 2023, 2nd week|
|Date of entrance exam||June 2023, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result||June 2023, last week|
|Counseling process will begin from||July 2023, 1st week|
|Commencement of classes||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Last date for submitting qualifying exam result||September 2023, 3rd week|
JMI Eligibility Criteria 2021
Check out the course-wise eligibility criteria for applying for JMI admission 2023 below:
For undergraduate courses:
- B.A. (Hons) (English): The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with not less than 50% marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned.
- B.Com: Applicants need to clear their class 12th with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned.
- B.Sc.: Those who have passed their class 12th exam scoring at least 50% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate are eligible.
- B.Tech: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and not less than 55% marks in their aggregate is required. Those with Diploma in Engineering with not less than 55% marks can apply too. The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years on 1st October of the year of admission.
- B.Arch: Candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and in aggregate or passed Diploma exam with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
For postgraduate courses:
- M.A. (Political Science): BA or BA (Hons.) in Political Science with not less than 50% marks in aggregate or BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com or BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com (Hons.) with minimum 55% marks in aggregate is required.
- M.Ed.: Candidates with B.Ed/ BA B.Ed/ B.Sc B.Ed/ B.El.Ed or D.El.Ed with an undergraduate degree with at least 50% marks are eligible.
- M.Sc (Biophysics): Applicants should have passed B.Sc exam with Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Biological Sciences or allied Science with not less than 55% marks.
- MCA: A bachelor’s degree in Science/ Natural Science/ Social Science/ Engineering/ Technology with 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 or higher level or BCA/ B.Sc (IT/ CS) with at least 50% marks is required
- M.Tech: Those with B.Tech in relevant field with not less than 60% marks are eligible.
For PG Diploma courses:
- PG Diploma in Computer Applications: Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics as a subject at class 10th level.
- P.G. Diploma in Journalism (Hindi Medium): Those with a bachelor’s degree with not less than 45% aggregate marks are eligible. Working knowledge of Hindi is required.
- PG Diploma in Broadcast Technology: A bachelor’s degree in Physics/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ IT/ BCA/ Engineering with at least 50% marks in aggregate is required. The candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics at 12th level.
- PG Diploma in Molecular Diagnostic: The applicants should hold B.Sc/ B.Tech in any of the Zoology/ Chemistry with Zoology/ Bio-Chemistry/ Life Science/ Bio Science/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology with minimum 55% marks.
- PG Diploma in Disaster Management: Graduation in any stream with not less than 50% marks is required.
Application Form for JMI Admission 2023
The JMI admission application form 2023 can be obtained in online mode by visiting the official website of the university www.jmi.ucanapply.com. The candidates should keep the important details ready before they proceed with the application process.
- In the application form, the candidates will be asked to provide their basic personal, academic, contact and other details.
- Scanned copies of their photograph and signature should also be uploaded by the candidates in the application form.
- After providing all the details as asked in the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Along with the form, the applicants will also have to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
- Upon successful submission of the application form, the candidates should take its printout and keep it safe for future use.
- The candidates are suggested not to send the printout of the application form or any other document to the university.
The application fee for different faculties at the JMI is provided below:
|AJK Mass Communication Research Centre
Centre for Management Studies
Centre for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics (Except B.Arch)
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Engineering & Technology (Except B.Tech)
Faculty of Dentistry
Faculty of Law
All other Faculties
Mode of payment:
Candidates can make payment of the application fee through online mode using credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
JMI 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card for JMI entrance exam 2023 will be published a few weeks before the day of exam.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card by visiting the official website of the university.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken after downloading to be carried to the exam center on day of exam.
- The candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam in case of absence of a valid admit card.
- Admit card must be preserved by the candidates as it may also be required at the time of admission.
JMI Admission 2023 Result
- The result of the entrance exam will be declared online and can be checked by visiting the official website of the university.
- Candidates who score more than the prescribed cut-off marks will be considered as qualified.
- Merit list of the qualified candidates will be drawn on the basis of their marks in the entrance exam. For different courses, separate merit lists will be prepared.
- Counseling of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted as per their names in the merit list.
JMI Admission 2023 Counseling
- Candidates should report for the counseling round as per the schedule communicated to them through the university’s website.
- At the time of counseling, documents of the candidates will be verified and therefore they should carry all the original documents with them.
- Documents will be verified and the candidates will be asked to provide their choice for course specialization.
- After this, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their merit and choice based on the availability.
JMI Admission 2023 FAQs
How do I get admission into BDS course of JMI University?
Admission to BDS program of Jamia Millia Islamia will be based on the rank of NEET exam conducted by Medical Council Cell (MCC).
Can I correct the mistakes found in the application form after submission?
Yes. A correction window will be provided to the candidates to make corrections in their submitted application form.
Is it possible to get a refund on the application fee?
No. Application fee once submitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Can I receive the admit card through post or courier?
The admit card will only be released through online mode on the university’s website and will not be sent by any other means like post or courier.
What if I fail to secure admission within the given time period?
Candidates who fail to complete the admission formalities in the given time period will be considered as disqualified. No request in this regard will be entertained.