Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) will be held by the JKBOPEE most likely in the month of April 2022. Through JKCET exam 2022, qualified candidates can get admission to various professional UG courses such as BDS, MBBS, BE, BAMS, BUMS, and BPT programmes. Understanding of examination pattern is important for the aspirants in order to prepare well for the exam. With the help of JKCET examination pattern, candidates will get to know about the structure of JKCET Paper 20212 like type and number of questions, negative marking, total sections, exam duration, and examination mode etc.
The question paper for JKCET exam will be based on the intermediate (I.Sc./+2/equivalent) syllabus. JKCET Syllabus 2022 will comprise of the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. Through this post, candidates can check all important details about JKCET exam 2022.
JKCET Exam Pattern 2022- Things to know
- The entrance test is scheduled to be held in the month of April 2022 whereas JKCET Result 2022 will be announced in the month of May 2022.
- Only candidates who would qualify JKCET exam will be eligible to participate in JKCET Counselling process 2022.
- The exam will be held in offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper based test.
- JKCET question paper will comprise of 180 multiple choice questions.
- The entrance test will comprise of two papers each for PCM and PCB group
- Part A questions paper will consist of 120 questions from Physics and Chemistry subjects.
- The Part B of JKCET question paper will comprise of 60 questions from Biology and Part C will contain 60 questions from Mathematics.
- A total duration of 120 minutes will be given to the candidates to answer Part A whereas Part B/Part C can be completed within 60 minutes.
- For each correct answer, one mark will be rewarded while 0.25 marks will be deducted on for every incorrect answer.
Highlights on JKCET exam
|Date of JKCET Exam 2022||April 2022|
|Conducting authority||Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE)|
|Exam mode||Pen and Paper Mode|
|Type of questions||Objective type|
|JKCER Marking scheme||+1 for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||0.25 marks deduction for every wrong response|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Exam duration||180 hours|
JKCET Question Paper 2022 Structure
JKCET examination will comprise of two papers i.e. Paper A and Paper B each of PCB and PCM groups. In paper-A, questions will be asked from Physics and Chemistry subjects while Paper- B consist of questions from Biology/Paper C for Mathematics. JKCET exam will be Pen & paper-based test. Each subject will comprise 60 Multiple Choice Questions with a total of 180 questions in the paper. Candidates will have to complete the test within 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours. The time allotted to complete Paper -A (Physics & Chemistry) will be 120 minutes while Paper B/Paper C will be attempted in 60 minutes. The questions in the paper will be multiple choice objective types with one mark each. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong response given by the candidates. Candidates can check the subject wise distribution of questions and marks for JKCET exam 2022 below:
|Paper||Subjects||Time Duration||Number of Questions|
|A||Physics, Chemistry||2 Hours||120|
Weightage of marks for JKCET Paper
Mathematics Paper weightage
- Calculus- 25%
- Sets, Relations And Functions-10%
- 2D, 3D Geometry- 18%
- Statistics And Probability- 10%
- Trigonometry- 10%
- Sequence And Series, Permutation And Combination- 10%
- Complex Number; Linear Inequation; Linear Program- 10%
- Matrices And Determinants- 7%
Chemistry Paper Weightage
- Physical Chemistry- 25%
- Inorganic Chemistry- 30%
- Organic Chemistry- 40%
- Miscellaneous- 5%
Physics Paper Weightage
- Optics & Modern Physics- 30%
- Electricity & Magnetism- 32%
- Mechanics & Kinematics- 25%
- Waves & Thermodynamics- 13%