The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) will be organizing an entrance exam JKCET 2023, for admissions into BE/ B.Tech degree programmes. The candidates who clear this exam will be considered for admissions into different government and private colleges situated in the state. The interested candidates may submit their application in online mode most probably from March 2023.
In this article, we are providing the JKCET 2023 aspirants some guidelines that can help them in their exam preparation. Along with this the details of the exam such as eligibility requirement, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, etc are also provided through this post.
|Name of the exam||JKCET 2023|
|Full form||Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen-paper based)|
JKCET 2023 Schedule
The official dates related to JKCET 2023 are given here. These dates will be updated as soon as the official announcement is made by the relevant authorities.
|Application form availability||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be updated|
|Admit card announcement||To be updated|
|Date of exam||To be updated|
|Release of answer key||To be updated|
|Representation against answer key||To be updated|
|Declaration of result||To be updated|
|Commencement of counselling||To be updated|
|Closing of admission||To be updated|
JKCET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to appear for the JCKET 2023 needs to fulfill these eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Jammu & Kashmir.
- The minimum age of the candidates as on 31st December 2023 should be 17 years.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/ university with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and at least 50% aggregate marks (40% for OBC/ SC/ ST category candidates).
- Appearing candidates can also apply for the test.
JKCET 2023 Application Form
The JKCET 2023 application form will be released in online mode on BOPEE website jakbopee.org or jkbopee.gov.in. The candidates will have to provide their personal and academic details into the application form. The scanned copies of certain documents will also be uploaded in the application form. After providing all the details, the candidates can submit their form. The candidates can make any changes in the application form as many times as required but only until final submission. Once the application from is submitted finally, no modification will be possible. Along with the application form, the candidates will also have to submit an application fee of Rs. 800/-. The fee payment can be done via online payment gateway through credit card/ debit card.
JKCET 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for JKCET is given here:
- Exam mode: Offline (Pen-paper based)
- Medium of test: English
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 180
- Total questions: 180
- Marking scheme: +1 mark for each correct answer
- Negative marking: -0.25 marks for each wrong answer
- Duration: 3 Hours
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
JKCET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for JKCET 2023 will be based on the curriculum of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of class 12th. The topic-wise syllabus for the entrance test is given below:
- Physics: Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, etc
- Chemistry: Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics, Solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, etc
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Number, Matrices and Determinants, Limit, Continuity and Differentiation, Linear Programming, Sequence and Series, etc
Preparation Strategies for JKCET 2023
In order to get admissions into the top colleges, it is important for the candidates to score well in the JKCET 2023. Below here, we are providing certain tips that can help the applicants in getting a better ranking in the common entrance exam:
- Make a time table for your exam preparation giving proper time to each subject.
- Make short notes while studying. These notes will be very helpful for you during the revision.
- Revise on a regular basis. Revising the whole syllabus at the last moment can be exhausting.
- Do not neglect your health. Proper food and sleep are also important along with the studies.
Recommended Books for JKCET
The candidates preparing for JKCET 2023 can refer the following books for their preparation:
- Physics: HC Verma, DC Pandey
- Chemistry: OP Tandon (Physical & Inorganic Chemistry), Arihant Publication (Organic Chemistry)
- Mathematics: SL Loney, RS Aggarwal, RD Sharma
JKCET 2023 Admit Card
The JKCET admit card 2023 will be uploaded on the BOPEE official website. The candidates will be able to download the admit card by providing the details such as application number, date of birth, etc. The admit card will contain the details of the exam center such as venue, date and time. No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card.
JKCET 2023 Result
The result of JCKET 2023 will be declared on the official website of the board. In addition to this, the result will also be published in two local dailies. On the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test, merit list of the candidates will be prepared. Separate merit list will be prepared for the candidates belonging to different categories.
JKCET 2023 Counseling
The counseling of the qualified candidates will be done in either offline or online mode as decided by the board. The candidates will have to fill a preference form as a part of counseling process giving details of the college and course of their choice. After making the choices, the candidates will have to submit the preference form. However, a copy of the form must be retained by the candidates. On the basis of ranking and choice made by the candidates, the allotment of institutes will be done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: When will JKCET application release?
Answer: JKCET 2023 application form is most likely to release by 2nd week of March 2023.
Question 2: What will be the mode of JKCET 2023 application?
Answer: Online mode
Question 3: What will be the mode of JKCET exam?
Answer: Offline (Pen-paper based)
One thought on “JKCET 2023: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus”
Can u plzz send the direct link to fill the form of jkcet 2020..and if possible plzz share the link of smvdu also …bcz m trying but can’t reach the exact place to fill the form