JIPMER PG 2020(July): Application Form(out), Eligibility Criteria, Exam Date
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research will organize the JIPMER PG 2020 entrance exam for MD/MS admission. The exam is conducted twice, once in the January and then July. The online registration for the July 2020 session has been started from 4th March 2020.
The JIPMER PG 2020 exam will be conducted in online mode (Computer-based exam) at 11 cities across India. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can check all the important details such as exam pattern, eligibility criteria, application form etc. from this post.
Latest Update: The result for JIPMER PG has been announced now.
JIPGMER PG application form for July 2020 session has been released now.
JIPMER PG 2020 Important dates
The JIPMER PG 2020 will be conducted twice. The official schedule for both July 2020 and January 2021 session are given below:
|Activities||July 2020 Session||Jan 2021 Session|
|Availability of application form||04 Mar 2020||16 Sep 2020|
|Deadline for application form||09 Apr 2020||21 Oct 2020|
|Hall ticket||28 Apr – 16 May 2020||To be updated|
|Exam date||16 May 2020||06 Dec 2020|
|Merit list||26 May 2020||To be updated|
|Rank letter would be ssued||To be updated||To be updated|
|1st round of Counseling||11 Jun 2020||23 Dec 2020|
|2nd round of Counseling||To be updated||To be updated|
|3rd round of Counselling||To be updated||To be updated|
|Final round of Counselling||To be updated||09 Feb 2021|
|Admission formalities to be completed||29 Jun 2020||To be updated|
|Hostel accommodation letter and admission letter will be issued on||30 Jun 2020||To be updated|
|Commencement of course||01 Jul 2020||To be updated|
|Admission closure||31 Aug 2020||27 Feb 2021|
JIPMER PG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian citizen or overseas citizen of India (OCI) are eligible to apply for JIPMER 2020
- The foreign national/NRI applicants have to submit their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Additionally, the foreign national/NRI candidates also have to take prior permission from the MCI (Medical Council of India) before applying for JIPMER PG 2020 exam.
- The aspirant must have a valid MBBS or equivalent degree recognized by MCI.
- The applicant must also have at least 55% aggregate marks (50% for candidates from SC/ST categories) in the qualifying exam.
- The aspirants must have completed 12 months internship/practical training on or before the 31st December 2020.
JIPMER PG 2020 Application Form
The candidates looking to appear for the JIPMER PG 2020 exam will be required to fill and submit the application form only via online method. A direct link to fill the application form will be made available on this page and on official website. The applicants have to provide all the necessary academic, contact and personal details in the application form. The application form should be filled very carefully as the institute will not provide any correction window.
While filling the details in the application form, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of passport size photo and signature. An incorrect or incomplete application form will be rejected.
The application will be considered incomplete unless the candidates pay the application fee as prescribed below:
- General, OBC, OCI and Sponsored candidates: Rs. 1600/-
- SC, and ST candidates: Rs. 1200/-
- Foreign National/ NRI: Rs. 3000/-
- OPH: Exempted from application fees.
Mode of Payment
- The JIPMER PG 2020 application fee will be submitted through the online method using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
JIPMER PG 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of JIPMER PG 2020 exam will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
- Language of Questions: English only
- of Questions: 250
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ.
- Marking Scheme: Each Question will carry 4 Marks and there will be a negative marking of 1 Mark for an incorrect answer.
Subject-wise distribution of Questions:
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Basic Clinical Science (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathology and Forensic Medicine & Toxicology)||100||400|
|Clinical Science (Community Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pediatrics, Medicine, Radio-diagnosis, Ophthalmology, Surgery, Radiotherapy, Orthopedics, ENT, Anesthesiology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Blood Transfusion Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine)||150||600|
Preparation strategy for JIPMER PG 2020
JIPMER PG 2020 is one of the toughest exams in the country. The aspirant needs to put in extra efforts in order to get selected. Here are some tips and tricks that candidates may follow in order to perform well in this exam are given below:
- The difficulty level of this exam is quite high. So, it is obvious that overnight studies are not going to help. You need to plan smart and study regularly to do well in this exam.
- Focus on clearing the basic concepts first. It will help you understand the advance topics easily.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers to get more familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus. Sample papers are also available on the official website of JIPMER.
- Study from high quality books written by good writers.
- Try and identify the topics in which you are weak. Focus on those topics along with polishing your strengths.
- Time management is the key. Build your answering speed by solving sample papers regularly.
Recommended Books for JIPMER PG 2020
There are different books recommended by experts for different topics as given below:
- Across – A Complete Review of Short Subjects(Volume 1 Part A) for Anaesthesia, Radiotherapy, Radiodiagnosis, Nuclear Medicine and Skin
- Across – A Complete Review of Short Subjects(Volume 1 Part B) for Psychiatry, Orthopaedics and Ophthalmology
- Across – A Complete Review of Short Subjects(Volume 2 Part A) for Biochemistry and Physiology
- Across – A Complete Review of Short Subjects(Volume 2 Part B) for Anatomy, Forensic medicine and toxicology
- Review of Pharmacology by Gobind Garg and Sparsh Gupta
- Review of Pathology and Genetics by Gobind Garg and Sparsh Gupta
- Self Assessment and Review ENT by Sakshi Arora
- Self Assessment & Review – Microbiology & Immunology by Rachna Chaurasia and Anshul Jain
- Self Assessment and Review Medicine by Mudit Khanna
- Review of Preventive and Social Medicine (PNSM) by Vivek Jain
- Surgery for PGMEE by Amit Ashish
- Self Assessment and Review Medicine by Mudit Khanna
- Self Assessment and Review of Paediatrics by Arvind Arora
- Self Assessment & Review – Obstetrics by Sakshi Arora
- Target JIPMER supplement
JIPMER PG 2020 Admit Card
The admit card or Hall ticket for the JIPMER PG 2020 can be downloaded from the official website. The admit card will consist of details like name, date of birth, photograph, signature of candidates, along with exam city allotted and roll number. The candidates have to carry admit card along with photo ID proof in original and photocopy of the same at the time exam. The admit card should be kept preserved till the admission process gets over.
JIPMER PG 2020
The candidates will be able to check their result online via the official website. The result will be announced in the form of a PDF file containing the name, date of Birth, roll no. , correct response, incorrect response, total marks, percentile scores etc. The rank cards will also be issued to the successful candidates through the official website. Separate merit list will be prepared for all the categories. In case of a tie between two candidates, the candidate with less no. of incorrect response will be ranked better.
There will be no provision of re-checking/re-evaluation of answer sheets.
JIPMER PG 2020 Counseling
The no. of candidates who will be called for counseling will be ten times the no. of seats available in each category. The candidates have to get their original documents verified during the JIPMER PG 2020 counseling process. Along with the submission of original documents for verification, the candidates have to submit a prescribed amount as the counselling fee.
The original documents will be kept by the Institute and returned only if the candidate completes the course or relieved in midway due to any circumstances. OPH candidates must attend the medical exam one day prior to the date of counseling.