Admission into the nursing course offered by the JIMPER will be given on the basis of entrance exam. An online entrance test will be conducted in the month of June 2023 at the selected centers. Candidates will be able to apply for the entrance exam in online mode from April 2023 onwards (tentatively). In their own interest, the candidates are suggested to make sure they fulfill the eligibility for the nursing programme before applying for the same. The candidates can get the complete details related to the JIPMER Nursing 2023 from this post below.
JIPMER Nursing 2023
- The candidates who have applied under Puducherry status with no valid proof, the admissions will be rejected.
- A photocopy of valid identity proof should be carried to the exam center for submission by the invigilator.
- Requests for re-evaluation of the marks obtained in the entrance test will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Candidates who have passed their qualifying exam from a board other than the one listed in the official JIPMER Nursing will have to submit a certificate of eligibility.
- If the certificates submitted at the time of counseling are in any other language, except English, their English Translation attested by a Gazette Officer should be produced.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to be physically present on the day of counseling. Those who fail to come will be marked as absent and will be disqualified.
- No request for authorized representative on behalf of candidate will be entertained.
- It is the duty of the candidates to get the sign and seal of the centre representative/ invigilator on their hall ticket. Hall ticket will be considered invalid otherwise.
- The students are eligible for one year optional stipendiary internship at JIPMER on successful completion of the course.
- Any kind of queries related to B.Sc entrance exam, application or admission process can be asked through telephone or email.
JIPMER Nursing 2023 Important Dates
The tentative dates related to JIPMER Nursing 2023 are given in the table below:
|Beginning of application process||April 2023, 4th week|
|Last date to register online||May 2023, 4th week|
|Availability of admit card||June 2023, 2nd week|
|Date of exam||June 2023, 4th week|
|Declaration of result||July 2023, 1st week|
|First round of counseling||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Second round of counseling||August 2023, 3rd week|
|Third round of counseling||September 2023, 2nd week|
|Final round of counseling||September 2023, last week|
|Admission process begins from||July 2023, last week|
|Issue of admission letter||July 2023, last week|
|Commencement of classes||August 2023, 1st week|
|Admission process closes on||September 2023, last week|
JIPMER Nursing 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Below given are the basic eligibility criteria for JIPMER Nursing 2023 that must be satisfied in order to be considered for admission:
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- Candidates should have completed age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2023. There is no upper age limit.
- Applicants should have passed their class 12th exam from a board recognized by the institute with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The candidates should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.
- For PWD candidates of general category, the minimum qualifying marks is 45% and for SC/ ST and PWD candidates SC/ ST category, the minimum qualifying marks is 40%.
- Applicants who will be appearing in the qualifying exam in the year 2020 can also apply.
JIPMER Nursing 2023 Application Form
The link to obtain the JIPMER Nursing 2023 application form can be found on the official website of the institute www.jipmer.edu.in. Candidates are advised to go through the instructions given below before they proceed with the application process.
- Only correct information should be entered into the form or else the candidature of the applicants can be canceled.
- Application form incomplete in any manner will be rejected summarily and no communication will be sent regarding this.
- Into the form, the candidates will have to enter their basic personal details, academic details and upload their scanned photograph and signature.
- Scanned copies of category and disability certificate should also be uploaded by the applicable candidates.
- Submission of application form can be done online accompanied with the prescribed amount of application fee.
- Upon submission, a printout of the application form and the fee receipt should be taken by the candidates for future reference.
Payment of application fee can be done via net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
The category-wise application fee structure for the nursing exam is given below:
|UR & P-UR candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|OBC & P-OBC candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST & P-SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
*Any transaction charge will be borne by candidates only.
JIPMER Nursing 2023 Exam Pattern
Overview of the JIPMER Nursing 2023 exam pattern is given as:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Question paper language: English
- Duration of exam: 1:30 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: For every right answer, 1 mark will be provided
- Negative marking: No negative marking
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10||10|
JIPMER Nursing 2023 Admit Card
- Admit card will be available for the candidates whose applications are complete in all respects.
- Candidates can download the admit card using their registration details like application number and password.
- A printout of the admit card along with a photo identity proof (original and photocopy) should be carried to the exam center.
- Candidates should preserve their hall ticket as it will be needed at the time counseling.
- The candidates should keep in mind that admit card will not be sent by post or courier and will only be available online.
Choice for three exam cities can be provided by the candidates at the time of filling the application form. No request for change of center would be considered under any circumstances. The exam will be held at the following cities:
- New Delhi
JIPMER Nursing 2023 Result
- Candidates can check the JIPMER Nursing 2023 result a few days after the commencement of exam.
- The marks/ percentile scores of candidate will be made available on the Website www.jipmer.edu.in
- Category-wise merit list of the candidates will be drawn on the basis of marks in the entrance test.
- The list will be prepared in the order of ranking and the counseling of the candidates will be conducted according to the list.
- Qualified applicants will also be able to download their rank card from the official website.
JIPMER Nursing 2023 Counselling
- Shortlisted candidates will have to attend the counseling on the date, time & venue mentioned on the JIPMER website.
- Details of the counseling will only be uploaded on the website and no separate call letters will be sent to the candidates.
- Counseling will be done according to the category ranking of the candidates.
- Documents of the candidates will be verified and therefore the candidates are required to carry all the important documents with them.
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done on the day of counseling.
- If there is a mismatch in the finger print and image, the candidate will not be permitted to attend the counseling.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates after verification of documents on the basis of their rank.
- Different rounds of counseling will be held depending on the number of seats that remain vacant after each round.
The candidate should carry the certificates listed below along with one set of self-attested copies while reporting for counseling:
- Hall ticket of the entrance test with the sign and seal of the centre Representative/ Invigilator
- Rank letter
- Proof of date of birth (birth certificate or class 10th certificate)
- Pass Certificate of class 12th
- Marks sheet of class 12th
- Character and conduct certificate from the head of the institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate from the head of the institution last attended
- Residence certificate issued by revenue authority not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Community Certificate from the competent authority not below the rank of Tahsildar, if applicable
- A certificate in prescribed proforma available in the official prospectus for OBC and SC/ ST candidates
- Medical Certificate in case of PWD Candidate
- Residence Certificate or Employer Certificate, in case of Puducherry residents
- Six passport size color photographs taken recently