JIPMER MBBS 2023: The Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research is considered as one of the prominent institutes of India offering admissions in different medical programmes. The admissions in JIPMER MBBS program will be done through an entrance test conducted by the institute. The qualified candidates will be offered admissions in the Karaikal & Puducherry campus. The complete details of JIPMER MBBS 2023 exam such as eligibility, application form, important dates, etc. is given in this article.
JIPMER MBBS 2023 Important Dates
|Availability of Application Form||March 2023|
|Last Date of Form Submission||April 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||3rd week of May to 1st week of June 2023|
|Exam Date||June 2023|
|Result Declaration||June 2023, 3rd week|
|1st round of Counseling||June 2023|
|2nd round of Counseling||July 2023|
|3rd round of Counseling||August 2023|
|Final Counseling and Closing of Admission||September 2023|
JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2023
The application form for JIPMER MBBS 2023 exam will be available on the official website. The interested candidates can fill the application form online. Extensive care should be taken while filling the form as after submission, no correction in the form is allowed. An application fee of Rs 1500/- (Rs. 1200 for SC/ST candidates) will also be charged. NRI & OCI candidates will have to pay Rs. 3000/- as an application fee. No application fee is charged from the OPH candidates. The fee payment can be done online only (credit card/debit card/net banking).
- The candidates with Indian nationality and NRI & OCI candidates can apply.
- The candidates must have completed 17 years of age in the admission year.
- Those who have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with at least 60% marks (50% for OBC/SC/ST/OPH) taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects can apply. A pass in these subjects along with English subject is also mandatory. Appearing candidates can also apply.
- For general category OPH candidates, the minimum marks taken together in the qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination should be 50%.
The exam will be conducted online and the mode of the question paper will be English. All the questions will be of objective type and there will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total marks|
|Logic and Quantitative Reasoning||10||40|
|English and Comprehension||10||40|
JIPMER MBBS 2023 Admit Card
The candidates can download their JIPMER MBBS 2023 admit card from the official website. The admit card will contain details of the candidate & exam center and it is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination center or else the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
Results and Counseling
The result of the JIPMER MBBS 2023 exam will be uploaded on the official website. On the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the examination, a merit list will be prepared for different categories. On the basis of this list, counseling and seat allotment will be done offline. The candidates will have to verify their original documents at the time of counseling. The following documents are required at the time of counseling:
- 10th & 12th mark sheets and passing certificate
- JIPMER MBBS admit card
- Age proof certificate
- Category certificate
- Character and residence certificate
- Passport size photographs