Admission to the interested candidates in MBBS course offered by JIPMER will be granted on the basis of entrance test conducted by the institute. To appear for the test, the candidates will have to fill an application form released tentatively form the month of March 2021. The entrance exam is expected to be held in the month of June 2021. Both the application process and the exam will be in online mode. Candidates can find the complete details related to JIPMER MBBS 2021 here from this article.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Important Highlights
- Request for correction in the application or refund of application fees will not be considered under any circumstances.
- In case of error in the application form, the candidates will have to make submission of a fresh application form along with application fee.
- Duration of the MBBS course will be 4 years and 6 months followed by one year compulsory rotatory training.
- If a PWD candidate belongs to reserved category, the qualifying marks required will be according to the rules for the reserved category candidates.
- Candidates are advised to carefully go through the information brochure before applying for the examination.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Schedule
The table below presents the tentative dates related to JIPMER MBBS 2021:
|Online application form release date||March 2021, 1st week|
|Last date to submit the application form||April 2021, 2nd week|
|Availability of admit card||May 2021, 4th week|
|Date of entrance exam||June 2021, 1st week|
|Publication of merit list||June 2021, 3rd week|
|Beginning of counseling process||June 2021, last week|
|Second round of counseling||July 2021, 4th week|
|Third round of counseling||August 2021, 3rd week|
|Final round of counseling||September 2021, 4th week|
|Admission formalities||July 2021, 1st week|
|Issue of admission letter||July 2021, 1st week|
|Commencement of classes||July 2021, 1st week|
|Closing of admission process||September 2021, last week|
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for JIPMER 2021:
- The candidates of Indian nationality, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Non-Resident Indians (NRI) are eligible to apply for JIPMER 2021.
- The lower age limit for the candidates is 17 years as on 31st December 2021. There is no upper age limit.
- The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized school/ board.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English are mandatory subjects at class 12 level.
- Applicants should have scored not less than 50% marks (45% for the PWD candidates and 40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology is required.
- Individual pass in these subjects and in English is also required.
- Those who will appear in their class 12th exam in the year 2021 are eligible too.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Application Form
The candidates can obtain the JIPMER MBBS 2021 application form by visiting the official website of the institute www.jipmer.puducherry.gov.in or www.jipmer.edu.in. No mode other than online will be provided by JIPMER to fill and submit the application form.
- To fill the application form the candidates will be asked to provide their personal, academic, address, contact and other details.
- The candidates will also have to upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature and other important documents as required.
- After providing all the information into the application form, the candidates will be able to submit it online.
- It is advisable to keep a copy of filled in application form in case of future reference by the candidates.
- However, there is no need to send this hard copy or any other document to the office of JIPMER.
- To complete the application process, the candidates will have to make submission of application fee along with the application form.
- Payment of application fee can be done online using credit card, debit card or net banking. The category-wise fee structure for the MBBS exam is given below.
|General (UR)/ P-UR/ OBC/ P-OBC candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST and P-SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|NRI/ OCI candidates||Rs. 3000/-|
|OPH/ P-OPH candidates||Exempted from application fee payment|
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Pattern
Check below the exam pattern overview of JIPMER MBBS 2021:
- Exam mode: Online
- Duration of exam: 2:30 hours
- Question paper language: English
- Number of questions: 200
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 800
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct response
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect response
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||10||40|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10||40|
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for JIPMER MBBS 2021 exam is provided here:
- Physics: Atomic & Nuclear Physics, Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Friction, Kinematics, Electrostatics, Electronic Waves, Magnetism, Current Electricity, Solid State Electronics, Thermodynamics, Oscillation, Optics, Electromagnetic Induction, etc
- Chemistry: Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics, Elements & Periodicity, Thermodynamics, Basics of Organic Chemistry, Haloalkanes & Haloarenes, Surface Chemistry, Coordination Compounds, etc
- Biology: Diversity in Living World, Ecosystem, Biological Classification, Genetics, Cell Structure & Function, Reproduction, Plant Physiology, Evolution, Biology & Human Welfare, etc
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Admit Card
- The candidates will be able to download their admit card/ hall ticket for appearing in the entrance test from the JIPMER website.
- Candidates should take a printout of the admit card and must carry it to the exam center or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Along with the admit card the candidates should also keep a valid identity proof in original and photocopy as well.
- On the admit card, the details such as applicant’s name, date of birth, photo and signature and examination city allotted and roll number will be mentioned.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Result
- The JIPMER 2021 exam result will tentatively be announced in the month of June 2021 itself.
- Marks/ percentile score obtained by the candidates in the entrance test will also be made available on the institute’s website.
- Candidates who score more than the prescribed minimum cut-off, their names will be included in the merit list.
- Authorities will prepare the category-wise merit list of the candidates on the basis of their marks in the test.
- Counseling of the candidates will be conducted according to their names in the merit list.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Counseling
- Details of the counseling process can be obtained from the official website of JIPMER once released by the institute.
- Up to four rounds of counseling will be conducted by the authorities from the month of June/ July onwards.
- Documents of the qualified candidates and their eligibility will be verified at the time of counseling.
- Once verified successfully, the candidates will be offered final admission into the institute.
- Those who fail to report for the counseling process as per the specified schedule will be disqualified.