JIPMER 2020: MBBS Admission Based on NEET Score
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) is one of the finest medical colleges in India. The institute will conduct JIPMER 2020 exam in order to provide admission to its MBBS degree programme. It is expected that the application form will be available in the month of March 2020. The mode of application will be online.
The JIPMER 2020 exam will be conducted in online i.e. computer-based mode only. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam can check all the necessary details such as important dates, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, application form etc. form this article.
News: According to official website, JIPMER MBBS exam has been replaced by NEET. Please apply here for NEET 2020
Click here to know about JIPMER MBBS exam pattern and syllabus.
Important Dates for JIPMER 2020
The tentative schedule for JIPMER 2020 exam is mentioned in the table given below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||Last week of March 2020|
|Last date for online registration||1st week of May 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||4th week of May 2020|
|Date of Entrance Exam||1st week of June 2020|
|Declaration of merit list||3rd week of June 2020|
|Starting of Counselling||Last week of June 2020|
Note: We will update the exact dates on this post after the release of official notification.
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates need to fulfill the following criteria in order to appear for JIPMER 2020 entrance exam
- All Indian nationals and overseas citizens of India are eligible.
- The OCI/NRI candidates have to submit an eligibility certificate issued by Association of Indian University, New Delhi
- The candidate must have completed the age of 17 Years as on 31st December 2020
- There is no upper age limit.
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotech subjects in aggregate.
JIPMER 2020 Application Form
The application form for JIPMER 2020 exam will be made available only in online mode through the official website. Please note the institute will not issue any printed application form. The candidates have to provide all the required educational, personal and contact details in the application form.
While entering the details, the applicants have to upload the scanned copies of recent passport size photograph and signature in a prescribed format. There will be no correction widow, so the candidates are advised to fill the details in application form very carefully.
The application form will not be considered complete unless the candidate pays the prescribed application fee as given below:
|General Candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|NRI or OCI||Rs. 2500/-|
|OPH & P-OPH||Exempted from Application fee|
Mode of Payment
- The application fee will be paid only via online method by using a debit card, credit card or net banking.
JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern
The main highlights of JIPMER 2020 Exam Pattern is given below:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of Exam: Two Hours and Thirty minutes
- Medium of Exam: English only
- No. of Questions: 200
- Type of Questions: Best response type MCQs
- Exam Centers: Exam is proposed to be conducted in 75 cities across India. Applicant can choose three exam cities as per his/her preference.
Subject wise distribution of Question is illustrated in the table below:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
JIPMER Syllabus 2020
The questions in JIPMER 2020 exam will be based on the curriculum of class 11th and 12th of the prescribed state board and CBSE. Candidates should follow the syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects of Class 11th and 12th standard. Apart from this, basic question from English language and logical & Quantitative reasoning will also be asked.
How to prepare for JIPMER 2020 Exam?
The difficulty level of JIPMER 2020 exam is expected to be quite high. The candidates need to prepare really well in order to get qualified for the admission. Here, are some tips and tricks that applicants may follow for a better preparation.
- Make a strong foundation by understanding the topics rather than focusing on memorizing each and everything.
- As you can see in the exam pattern, there are 200 Questions to be answered in 150 minutes. So, it is important that you should manage the time smartly. Regular Practice will help you increase your answering speed.
- Solve as many mock tests and sample papers as possible. This will help you identify your weaknesses and rectify them.
- Make short notes of each topic revise them regularly.
Recommended Books for JIPMER 2020 Preparation
NCERTs are undoubtedly the best books for the preparation of JIPMER. You should move on other help books only after completing the NCERT. In addition to NCERT, some other help books that candidates may follow are mentioned below:
- Dinesh Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Arihant Organic Chemistry
- Objective Physics by Dinesh
- Concept of Physics by H C Verma
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
JIPMER 2020 Admit Card
The Institute will issue the admit card in the 4th week of May 2020 tentatively. The candidates will be able to download the admit card from the official website. The admit card will be consisting of details like name and date of birth of candidate, exam city allotted, roll no. etc. The candidates have to carry the hardcopy of downloaded admit card at the exam center. In addition to the admit card, a photo ID proof in original and photocopy of the same will also be required at the exam center.
JIPMER Result 2020
The category wise merit list of candidates who will qualify for the JIPMER 2020 counselling will be released tentatively in the 3rd week of June 2020 on the official website. Along with the merit list, marks and percentile score of each aspirant will also be made available on the official website.
There will be no provision for re-evaluation or re-checking. No request regarding the same will be entertained.
JIPMER 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of JIPMER 2020 result, the successful candidates have to register themselves on the official website for counseling. After registration, candidates have to report at the counselling center as per schedule mentioned on the call letter. Bio-metric finger print scanning and verification of original documents will be done at the time of counselling. So it will be mandatory for the candidates to carry all the relevant documents in original along with one set of self attested copies.