Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE 2023) in Jharkhand is conducted by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. This exam act as a gateway for admission to various engineering and non-engineering diploma courses in the colleges in Jharkhand. Only permanent resident/ local candidates from Jharkhand can apply for this exam. The application form for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 will release in online mode only. Aspiring candidates must check the eligibility criteria very carefully before submitting the application form. Complete details about the Jharkhand Polytechnic Admission are provided in this post.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 Main Highlights
- The exam will be held in centers located at district headquarters in Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Dumka, Chaibasa, Bokaro, and Daltongunj.
- Authorities will reject incorrect and incomplete application forms summarily.
- The photograph uploaded in the application form must not be edited. Otherwise, the application form will be rejected.
- Any request for re-evaluation or rechecking after the result declaration will not be entertained.
- Candidates who will appear for the qualifying exam in 2023 can also apply.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 Important Dates
|Beginning of online application process||August 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||September 2023|
|Releasing of admit cards||September 2023|
|Date of Jharkhand Polytechnic Exam||September 2023|
|Declaration of result||October 2023|
|Registration for counselling||October 2023|
|1st round of seat allotment||October 2023|
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below in order to appear for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 entrance exam.
- The candidate must be a permanent/ local resident of Jharkhand.
- There is no age limit for all the courses except Mining Engineering.
- For admission to the mining engineering branch, the age of a candidate should be more than 17 years as on 1st July 2023.
- The candidate must have passed the class 10th examination or equivalent with at least 35% marks from a recognized board of education.
- Students going to appear for the 10th class exam in the year 2023 are also eligible.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 Application Form
Interested candidates looking to apply for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 are required to submit an online application form. The application form will release through the official website i.e. http://jececeb.jharkhand.gov.in.
- The first step of the application process is to register on the official website.
- During registration, the candidates are required to provide their names, mobile numbers, password, and email ID.
- After registration, applicants may log in to access the main application form.
- In the application form, candidates have to enter their academic, contact and personal information in a detailed manner.
- Then, applicants have to upload their scanned photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression.
- The ideal size and format of the scanned images are as follows.
- Photograph: JPG – 15KB to 40 KB
- Signature: JPG – 10 KB to 20 KB
- Left-hand thumb impression: JPG – 10 KB to 20 KB.
- Once the documents are uploaded, the applicants should pay the application fee.
- Finally, take at least 3 printouts of the application form for further rounds of admission.
Application fees for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 are as follows.
- Male candidates of General/ BC-I / BC-II categories: Rs. 650/-
- Female / SC/ ST candidates: Rs. 325/-
Mode of payment: The application fee is accepted in online mode only through credit card/ debit card or net banking.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 Admit Card
- Candidates who will submit their application forms before the last date will get the facility to download Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 admit cards online.
- In order to download an admit card, the candidates have to visit the official website and log in using the credentials generated during registration.
- An admit card provides information about date, time and venue of the examination.
- Authorities will not allow any candidate to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are going to appear for the exam should know the Jharkhand Polytechnic Exam Pattern given below.
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple-choice questions (MCQ)
- Language of question paper: English and Hindi
- Number of questions: 150
- Duration of exam: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||150 questions||150 Marks|
The Jharkhand Polytechnic syllabus comprises topics from the class 10th level curriculum. Aspirants can check some of the important topics given below.
- Physics: Kinetics, Laws of Motion, Work, Power, and Energy, Rotatory Motion of a Rigid Body, Gravitation, Hydrostatics, Simple Harmonic Motion, Optical Instruments, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, etc.
- Chemistry: Mixtures and Compounds, Elements, Molecular and Equivalent Masses, Hydrocarbons, Catalysis, Periodic Classification of Elements, Different Chemical Reactions, Laws of Chemical Combination and Gas Laws, Concept of Atomic, etc.
- Mathematics: Time and Distance, Number System, Linear Equations, Quadratic Equations, Sets, Geometry, Taxation, Trigonometrical Formulae, Statistics, Heights and Distances, Area, Volume and Surface Area, The Straight Line, Rectangular Co-ordinates, etc.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2023 Result
- The result of Jharkhand Polytechnic examination 2023 will be uploaded on the official website a few days after the exam.
- Please note that the result will be published in the form of merit lists for different categories.
- The candidates with better marks will get a better merit position. In case of a tie, a candidate with more marks in mathematics will get preference.
- Candidates declared successful after the result announcement will be invited to the counselling process.
Jharkhand Polytechnic Counselling 2023
- The board will release complete information and schedule of Jharkhand Polytechnic Counselling after the result declaration.
- Candidates will get the facility to enter their choices of course and colleges in the counselling process.
- The seats are going to be allotted based on the candidate’s performance in the exam and choice filled.
- To confirm the admission, it is important for an aspirant to get the documents verified before the stipulated time.
Question – 1: Do I need to send a printout of the application form to the board’s office?
Answer: No, you just have to submit the application form online. However, you should keep at least 3-4 printouts of the same for further rounds of admission.
Question – 2: My name in the Jharkhand Polytechnic Admit Card is not correct. What should I do?
Answer: In case of a discrepancy in the admit card, you should contact the board’s office immediately.
Question – 3: My application form is rejected. Can I get the refund of the application fee submitted?
Answer: No, the application fee is non-refundable.