The admission to B.Ed course in the state of Jharkhand is managed by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. To select the eligible candidates, the board conducts an entrance exam. A large number of colleges and institutes in the state grant admissions solely on the basis of this exam. Interested candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit an online application form. The application process is likely to begin in the month of March. Aspiring candidates are requested to check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying. All the important details regarding Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 are provided in this article.
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 Main Highlights
- 85% of the total seats are reserved for the candidates who have passed the qualifying exam from a university located in Jharkhand. 15% of the seats are open for the candidates from the other states.
- Admission will be provided in Government/ Government aided/ unaided/ Self-financed and private recognized B.Ed. institutions. The duration of B.Ed. Course is 2-year.
- The examination will take place at the exam centers located in Ranchi city only.
- Only the candidates from Jharkhand can enjoy the benefits of reservations (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD).
- Candidates will get the link to download the admit card 4 days before the examination date.
- In case of a tie in the entrance exam score, the candidates with more marks in the qualifying exam will get a better merit position. If the still tie continues then an applicant with NCC ‘C’/ NSS certificate will get preference.
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 Important Dates
The competent authority i.e. Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) has released the schedule of Jharkhand B.Ed Admission Process 2022 which is given in the table below.
|Beginning of application form submission||February 2022|
|Deadline for the submission of online application form||March 2022
|Date to re-login and upload qualification details (only for appearing candidates of 2020)||April 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 2022|
|Date of Examination||May 2022|
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, the candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The aspirant must have a Bachelors degree or master degree (Social Science/ Science/ Commerce/ Humanities) with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates who have B.E/ B.Tech degree with a specialization in Maths and Science with 55% marks can also apply.
- All the candidates have to choose one subject that they have studied at Bachelor/ Master degree level. This subject should be of at least 200 marks at the Bachelor/ Master degree level. In this subject, the candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks.
Jharkhand B.Ed Latest NotificationJharkhand latest bed notification
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 Application Form
The Jharkhand B.Ed. Application process 2022 will take place completely in online mode. Eligible candidates can submit the application form easily by checking the instruction below.
- Aspirants can begin the application process by visiting the official portal i.e. http://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in.
- Candidates have to enter their basic personal details along with phone number and email address during registration.
- Aspirants will be able to access the main application form after registration.
- All the necessary personal, contact and educational details must be entered by the candidates in the application form.
- Also, the candidates need to upload the scanned images of the following documents in an application form.
- Mark sheet and certificate of class 10th/ Metric
- Graduation mark sheet
- Masters degree mark sheet (if applicable)
- NCC ‘C’/ NSS certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (for the candidate of Jharkhand)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- The formats of all these certificates are available on the official website.
- Applicants need to pay the necessary application fee after the submission of the form.
The application fees for the candidates of various categories are as follows.
- General: Rs. 1000/-
- Backward Classes – I/ Backward Classes – II: Rs. 750/-
- Female of all categories (Jharkhand state only)/SC/ ST: Rs. 500/-
Mode of fee payment: Candidates can pay the application fee online through payment gateways using a credit card/ debit card/ internet banking.
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of the Jharkhand B.Ed Entrance Exam 2022 is illustrated below.
- Mode of Examination: Offline Exam
- Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ
- Total Duration of Exam: 2 hours
- Number of Questions: 100
- Maximum marks: 100
- Marking pattern: Each question will be of 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 will get deducted for an incorrect answer.
Subject wise number of questions and marks
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Language Proficiency||30 (15 Hindi and 15 English)||30|
Jharkhand B.Ed 2022 Exam Syllabus
The aspiring candidates can prepare for the exam as per the following syllabus.
Language Proficiency: Comprehension, rearranging sentences, selecting suitable words for the blanks, finding out errors in the parts of sentences, selecting suitable words for the blanks, finding out errors in the parts of the sentences, finding out equivalent meaning to the given phrases, finding out the suitable words for the incomplete sentences, sequencing, grammar which includes synonyms, idioms, prepositions tenses, articles.
Teaching Aptitude: Attitude towards education, children, and teaching profession, interest in teaching, leadership qualities, group management, emotional and social adjustment, intrapersonal & interpersonal skills, and general awareness of contemporary issues pertaining to school education
Reasoning Ability: Verbal/ non-verbal reasoning, missing numbers, number series, letter series, theme finding, jumbling, analogy, odd one out, arranging the statements in a sequential form, statement and conclusion, syllogism, logical problems, establishing relationships and numerical ability.
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 Admit Card
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry the admit card at the examination center.
- The board will provide admit cards to all the candidates through the official website.
- Details related to the address of examination center, date, and timing of the exam, etc. will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Aspirants should contact the authorities immediately in case of a discrepancy with the admit card.
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 Result & Merit List
- The result of the entrance test will get declared online on the boards’ website.
- Candidates who will take the exam will be able to check the result by entering their registration number.
- On the basis of performances of the candidates, the board will create and upload a merit list for Jharkhand B.Ed. Admission 2020.
- Those who will get their names in the merit list will be called to take part in further admission formalities.
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2022 Counselling
- The schedule of counselling will get released after the result announcement.
- Candidates who will clear the exam will be eligible to take part in the counselling process that will take place in an online mode.
- In the counselling process, the candidates will get a chance to provide their choice of colleges from where they want to pursue B.Ed course.
- Selected candidates have to pay admission fees to confirm the admission after the seat allotment.