JEXPO 2020: Application Form(2 Jan), Syllabus, Preparation Strategy
The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) will conduct the JEXPO 2020 exam. This exam will be organized in order to shortlist the candidates for Diploma courses in the field of Engineering and Technology. JEXPO 2020 score will be considered by a large number of colleges and institutes for the diploma admission in the state of West Bengal.
It is notified that the application form for JEXPO 2020 will be made available from 2nd January 2020 and the mode of application will be both online and offline. In this post, we will discuss complete details regarding this such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, application form etc.
News:JEXPO postponed which was scheduled to be held on 26th April 2020.
JEXPO 2020 application form has been released by 2nd Jan 2020. Check more about the application form
JEXPO 2020 Important Dates
The official schedule for JEXPO 2020 exam is given in the table below:
|Release of application form (both online and offline)||2nd January 2020|
|Last date of application form submission||Offline- 16th March 2020|
|Release of Admit card|
|Date of Exam|
|Announcement of Result||To be announced|
|Starting of Counseling||To be announced|
JEXPO 2020 Important Highlights
|OMR Application Forms with Information Brochure Availability||From all Government & Government Sponsored and Self-Financed Polytechnics affiliated to WBSCT&V&SD(TED)[erstwhile WBSCTE]|
|Where to submit duly filled-in Application Forms by candidates (both OMR and Online)||To all Government & Government Sponsored and Self-Financed Polytechnics affiliated to WBSCT&V&SD(TED)[erstwhile WBSCTE]|
|Application Fee||For OMR Application Form : Rs. 500/- (for valid Kanyashree enrollees Rs. 250/-)|
For Online Application Form : Rs. 450/- (for valid Kanyashree enrollees Rs. 225/-)
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates who have passed or appeared class 10th exam from a recognized board/council/institute with minimum 35% marks (excluding additional subjects) at the qualifying exam (without rounding-up) are eligible|
|Age Limit||No upper age limit, but candidates should not be born after 01.07.2005 for this year.|
|Language of question paper||Both Bengali and English|
|JEXPO 2020 exam will be of 2 hours duration (from 10Am to 12 Noon). The exam consists of 100 marks (Physics-25, Chemistry-25 & Mathematics- 50). The latest revised syllabus of Physical Science and Mathematics up to class X under West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) will be followed. All questions will be MCQ based.|
|0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrectly attempted question.|
|According to Kanyashree Scheme, the Kanyashree enrollees can avail 50% waiver (i) in the cost of Admission Form (ii) in Registration Fees and (iii) in Counseling Fees of the students of Government, Government Sponsored and Self-financed Polytechnics. Additionally, they will get accommodation priority in women’s hostel of Government Polytechnics where hostel facility is accessible.|
|The prescribed tuition fee for Govt. polytechnic colleges will be Rs.50/- per month.|
|List of 32 different disciplines under Diploma in Engineering& Technology courses are: Agricultural Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Architecture, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Technology, Civil Engineering, Computer Software Technology, Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Electrical Engineering Industrial Control, Food Processing Technology, Electrical Power System, Footwear Technology, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Geographic Information System (GIS) & Global Positioning System (GPS), Information Technology, Leather Goods Technology, Interior-Decoration, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering (Production), Mining Engineering, Medical Laboratory Technology, Mine Surveying, Multi Media Technology, Packaging Technology, Printing Technology, Photography, Renewable Energy, and Survey Engineering.|
JEXPO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Please read about minimum eligibility requirements for JEXPO:
- Only Indian candidates will be eligible for JEXPO 2020
- The candidate must have passed class 10th with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks without adding the marks of an additional subject.
- The applicant must have studied Mathematics, Physical Science (Science) and English as mandatory subjects
- The candidate should not be born after 1st July 2005.
- There will be no upper age limit.
JEXPO Application Form 2020
Both online and offline mode of application will be available for JEXPO 2020. The candidate, who will opt for online mode of application, needs to fill and submit the application form from the official website. The offline application form (OMR based) can be purchased from any government, government-sponsored and self-financed institute affiliated to WBSCTE. The offline application form will also be available in selected ITI.
The candidates have to submit the offline application form at the center from where they have purchased the application form.
JEXPO Application Fee 2020
The JEXPO 2020 application fees for different modes are as follows:
|Category/ Mode||Application Fee|
|Online Application||Rs. 450/-|
|Offline Application||Rs. 500/-|
|Online Application for Kanyashree candidates||Rs. 225/-|
|Offline Application for Kanyashree candidates||Rs. 250/-|
Mode of Payment
- In online mode, the candidates have to pay the application fee via online mode by using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
- For offline application, the candidates have to pay the application fee by cash while purchasing the application form.
Exam Pattern for JEXPO 2020
The exam pattern for JEXPO 2020 exam will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen and Paper Based)
- Number of Questions: 200
- Type of Questions: Objective Type MCQ
- No. of Papers: 2 (Paper 1 and Paper 2)
- Duration of Exam: Two hours each for Paper 1 and Paper 2
- Scoring Pattern: 1 Mark will be awarded for a current answer
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking.
Subject wise Exam Pattern will be as follows:
|Paper – I||Mathematics||100||2 Hours|
|Paper – II||Physics and Chemistry||100||2 Hours|
JEXPO Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for JEXPO 2020 will be based on the curriculum of Class 10th under West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE). Questions will be asked from Mathematics and Physical Science subjects of WBBSE class 10th.
Key topics from both subjects are as follows:
- Mathematics: Co-ordinate Geometry – Distance Formula, Graph, Profit & Loss, Linear Simultaneous Equations, Statistics, Properties of Parallelogram, Rectangular Parallelepiped or Cuboids, Factorization, Transversal & Mid-Point Theorem, Laws of Indices, Real Numbers, Theorems on Area, Ratio and Proportion, Rectangular Parallelepiped or Cuboids, Compound Interest, Theorems related to circle etc.
- Physical Science: Atomic Structure, Force & Motion, Sound, Work, Power & Energy, Measurement, Mole Concept, Periodic Table, Matter- Structure and Properties, Current electricity, Solution, Acids, Sound, Bases & Salts, Water, Separation of Components of Mixtures etc.
Preparation Strategy for JEXPO 2020
The JEXPO is one of the premier exams for diploma admission in West Bengal and the competition level is usually very high. The candidates need to prepare well in order to score good marks in this exam. Some tips that candidates should follow for JEXPO 2020 exam are as follows:
- Thoroughly understand the syllabus and exam pattern before starting your preparation. Plan your studies so that you can cover the complete syllabus in time.
- Study from authentic books written by good quality writers only.
- Solve previous year’s Question papers and mock tests. Analyze your mistakes from the mock test and try not to repeat them.
- Time management will going to be the key to success. Make sure you keep a check on time while solving the mock tests.
- Remain stress-free and healthy while preparing for the exam.
Recommended Books for JEXPO 2020
Some of the books recommended by experts for the JEXPO 2020 preparation are given below:
- MCQ Polytechnic J.E.E (in English) by JEE Specialists
- ABC of Physics by S.K.Gupta Modern Publisher
- Oriental Books for JEXPO
- JEE Polytechnic(in English) by Prof S. Joha, Prof S. Majhi, and Dr. P. Banerjee
JEXPO 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for JEXPO 2020 will be available in online mode through the official website i.e. www.webscte.org. The candidates will be able to download the admit card by entering Application number. Please note that the authorities will not send any admit card by post or by any other method. No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
JEXPO Result 2020
It is expected that the result of JEXPO 2020 will be declared in the 3rd week of May 2020. The result will be available only on the official website. Please note that the authorities will not issue any individual rank card. The concerned authorities will only publish a merit list of candidates shortlisted for counselling process.
JEXPO 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of result, the shortlisted candidates will be called for JEXPO 2020 exam. The candidates have to enter the choice of college at the time of counseling. Every candidate has to carry their original documents for verification at the time of counseling. Following documents will be required at the time of counseling
- 12th class mark sheet & certificate
- 10th class mark sheet & certificate.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Character Certificate
- JEXPO 2020 Admit card
- Transfer certificate