Candidates appearing for UP Polytechnic exam must make themselves familiar with the JEECUP exam pattern 2023 to know the structure of the exam. With the help of the exam pattern, candidates can prepare for the exam well in advance. The exam pattern will guide the candidates in understanding the marking scheme, type of questions, duration etc about the exam. Candidates can utilize this information in preparing for the exam so as to score better marks.
For more effective results, students should study for the JEECUP exam keeping in mind the syllabus prescribed by the authority. As per the JEECUP exam pattern 2023, the total duration of the exam will be 3 hours. The exam will be organized in pen and paper-based mode where the candidates will be given an OMR answer sheet to mark the answers.
JEECUP Exam Pattern 2023
The complete exam pattern for UP Polytechnic exam is provided below-
- Mode of the examination: The exam will be held in offline mode.
- Duration: Candidates will get a total time of 3 hours to complete the test.
- Medium of instructions: Questions in the exam will be set in Hindi and English language.
- Type of questions: There will be objective type questions asked in the exam. Candidates will be provided with four choices out of which they have to select only one.
- Total number of questions: The question paper will carry 100 questions.
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded to the candidates for marking the correct answer.
- Negative marking: There is a provision for negative marking i.e. 1 mark will be deducted in case the candidates mark the incorrect answer. Hence, candidates should wisely choose the answer before marking the same.
Group-wise exam pattern of JEECUP
|A||Engineering and Technology||Mathematics||50|
|Physics and Chemistry||50|
|Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture||50|
|C||Fashion Design, Home science and Textile design and engineering||English and Hindi comprehension||20|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||50|
|D||Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice/ Library & Information Science||English and Hindi comprehension||30|
|Reasoning and Intelligence||35|
|E1||Pharmacy||Physics and Chemistry||50|
|E2||Pharmacy||Physics and Chemistry||50|
|F||Biotechnology (Tissue culture)||Chemistry||50|
|G||PG diploma||English comprehension||20|
|H||Hotel management and catering technology||Reasoning and logical discussion||25|
|Numerical ability and scientific aptitude||25|
|I||Aircraft maintenance engineering||Physics and Chemistry||50|
Exam pattern for Group-K disciplines
Given below is the group-wise distribution of marks for the disciplines belonging to Group K1 to K8-
- K1: Civil engineering/ Civil engineering in environment and pollution control
- K2: Electrical engineering/ Electrical engineering in Industrial control/ Electrical and Electronics engineering
- K3: Electronics engineering/ Electronics engineering in Modern consumer electronics appliances/ Electronics engineering in Microelectronics/ Electronics engineering in Advance microprocessor and Interface
- K4: Mechanical engineering in Automobile/ Mechanical engineering in Production/ Mechanical engineering in Maintenance/ Mechanical engineering in Refrigeration & air conditioning / Mechanical Engineering in Computer-aided design
- K5: Information Technology/ Computer Science and Engineering
- K6: Printing technology
- K7: Fashion design and garment technology
- K8: Textile technology
|Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||40|
How to mark answers in OMR response sheet?
Since the exam will be conducted in pen and paper-based mode, therefore, 10 minutes prior to the commencement of the test, candidates will be distributed a sealed test booklet with an answer sheet placed inside it. Candidates have to break the seal of the test booklet and fill the details in the booklet on the instructions of the invigilator. The question booklet will contain the questions and space for rough work. No rough should be done on the answer sheet. Candidates will be provided with four choices and they have to choose only one among them (which they think should be the answer to the question). They need to darken the bubbles in the OMR answer sheet against the correct option. No deduction from the total score shall be made if no response/ more than one response is indicated for a question. Therefore, candidates should carefully mark the answers.