Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh has not confirmed the actual date for the availability of JEECUP 2023 application form, however, it is likely to release by February 2023. Admission of candidates into polytechnic colleges of Uttar Pradesh will be done on the basis of UP Polytechnic UPJEE 2023. It is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Joint Entrance Examination Council in offline mode. Candidates are suggested to ensure their eligibility before they proceed with application submission. To get the complete details of JEECUP 2023, go through this post.
JEECUP 2023 (UPJEE)
- A chance may be given to the candidates to modify certain field of the application form through online mode.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, the candidates should contact UPJEE (Polytechnic) Council immediately.
- No admit card, rank card, etc will be sent to the candidates through post or courier and must be downloaded online only.
- Intimation regarding different process of admission will be sent to the candidates on the registered email/ phone number. Therefore, these details must be entered very carefully into the application.
JEECUP 2023 Exam Dates
The table below presents the tentative dates related to JEECUP 2023:
|Online application form availability||February 2023|
|Last date to submit online application||April 2023|
|Release of admit card||May 2023|
|Date of polytechnic exam||June 2023|
|Result announcement||July 2023|
|Beginning of counseling process||July 2023|
JEECUP 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Course-wise eligibility criteria for JEECUP 2023 are discussed below:
- There is not any upper age bar but candidate must be minimum 14 years old on 1st July 2023.
- For Engineering & Technology Diploma: The candidate should have cleared the class 10th exam from a recognized board with minimum aggregate of 35% marks.
- For Agriculture Engineering: Those with a pass in class 10th exam with agriculture subject scoring not less than 35% marks are eligible.
- For Fashion Design, Home Science and Textile Design & Engineering: A pass in class 10th with at least 35% marks in aggregate is required.
- For Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice: Candidates need to clear their 12th exam with Hindi and English as compulsory subjects at both 10th and 12th level.
- For Library & Information Science: Applicants should have passed class 12th exam from a recognized board.
- For Diploma in Pharmacy: Those who have cleared the class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology are eligible.
- For Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue Culture): The applicants should have passed B.Sc degree with Biology and Chemistry as mandatory subjects.
- For Post Graduate Diploma Course: Graduation in any discipline is required.
- For Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology: Candidates need to pass the class 12th exam with no less than 35% marks in aggregate.
- For Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering: Applicants should have passed class 12th exam with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- For Lateral entry courses: Those with Intermediate Science or Intermediate Science with Vocational/ Technical subjects or ITI in relevant Trade are eligible.
JEECUP 2023 Application Form
The application form for JEECUP 2023 will be released on the UPJEE (Polytechnic) website www.jeecup.org and www.jeecup.nic.in. Candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria can fill and submit the application online.
- The application form can be filled by providing basic personal and academic details like name, date of birth, category, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc.
- Candidates also need to upload scanned copies of their signature and photograph in the application form.
- Application form duly filled in every manner can then be submitted online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates also need to submit a prescribed amount of application fee.
- The candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled and submitted application form and keep it with them for future reference.
Below given is the application fee structure for JEECUP 2023 for different categories. Payment of application fee can be done online using credit card/ debit card/ net banking or offline through e-challan.
|For General/ OBC candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|For SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 200/-|
JEECUP 2023 Exam Pattern 2023
A basic overview of JEECUP 2023 exam pattern is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Type of question: Objective type
- Number of questions: 100
- Question paper language: Hindi & English both
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Marking scheme: 3 marks will be given for each right answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
|A||Engineering & Technology Diploma||Mathematics||50%|
|Physics & Chemistry||50%|
|Physics, Chemistry & Agriculture||50%|
|C||Fashion Design, Home Science and Textile Design & Engineering||English & Hindi Comprehension||20%|
|Reasoning & Intelligence||50%|
|D||Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice and Library & Information Science||English & Hindi Comprehension||30%|
|Reasoning & Intelligence||35%|
|E1/ E2||Diploma in Pharmacy||Physics & Chemistry||50%|
|Biology or Mathematics||50%|
|F||Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue Culture)||Chemistry||50%|
|G||Post Graduate Diploma Course||English Comprehension||20%|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology||Reasoning & Logical Discussion||25%|
|Numerical Ability & Scientific Attitude||25%|
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Mathematics||50%|
|Physics & Chemistry||50%|
|K1 to K8*||Lateral entry courses||Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry||40%|
|Questions from relevant course||60%|
*Lateral entry will be provided in the following courses- Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Printing Technology, Fashion Design & Garment Technology and Textile Technology
JEECUP 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear in JEECUP exam 2023 will be released on the official website of UPJEE (Polytechnic).
- Candidates should download this admit card and take its printout to be carried to the exam center.
- Without admit card, no candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall and take their exam.
- To keep the admit card safe from loss or damage, the candidate are advised to take multiple printouts.
- Admit card will also be required at the time of counseling and admission and therefore should be preserved even after the exam.
JEECUP 2023 Result
- The candidates will be able to check their JEECUP result 2023 by visiting the official website.
- Score card/ rank card of the candidates will also be made available for download on this website.
- Along with the result and the rank card, the answer keys of the exam will also be uploaded online.
- Candidates who clear the entrance test will be invited to take part in the counseling process.
- A merit list on the basis of marks in the entrance test will be prepared and the counseling of the candidates will be done as per the list.
JEECUP 2023 Counseling
- Candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for course and institute at the time of counseling.
- Details about the counseling such as mode, schedule, etc will be communicated to the candidates through official website.
- After choice filling, the seat allocation process will begin and the candidates will be allotted seats according to their choices, reservation and ranking.
- Verification of the original documents will also be done at the time of seat allocation process.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat need to visit the allotted institute to complete the rest formalities of admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: Can other state candidates apply for JEECUP 2023?
Answer: Admission to polytechnic colleges through JEECUP is open for all state candidates. However, preference of admission is given to the candidates who have passed minimum qualifying exam from institute situated in Uttar Pradesh or those whose parents are domicile of Uttar Pradesh or whose Mother/ Father is employee of Central Government and currently posted in Uttar Pradesh.
Question 2: What are the specifications for the photograph and signature for uploading in the online application?
Answer: The scanned copy of photograph and signature should be uploaded as per the following specification:
|Photograph||JPEG||4 kb to 200 kb||3.5 cm X 4.5 cm|
|Signature||JPEG||1 kb to 30 kb||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm|
Question 3: Whom should I contact in case of any query regarding admit card, application form, etc?
Answer: For any kind of assistance, you can send an email to [email protected] or call on the helpline number 0522-2630667, 2630106, 2630678 and 2630099.